The One Spa

Why do pooners lie about their reason for hobbying?

jen99

May 1, 2012
Sweetheart, thanks for enlightening me, but wasn't born yesterday.

Congratulations, you just made our (collective) point.
No need for sarcasm. That was my point from the beginning.:) some people are so height sensitive.

Last edited:

Lovehobby

Banned
Sep 25, 2013
Women evaluate:

A man's look - handsome cool rugged pretty ugly....

His economic situation rich poor in between

His education training

His level of interestingness sense of humor conversation

His sophistication or crudeness

His hygene

His record with women ...player dog.. good guy stand up guy character

His feelings towards them ... what does he want... roll in the hay or more serious

His attitude to kids... good father.. has kids... accept her kids...

His attitude towards his mother.. the way he treats her is the way he will treat them

His genetic material... healthy.. race ...

And

Yes his height... goes back to feeling protected from wild animals or bad men.

It is a thing. It is one of many things.

jen99

May 1, 2012
Women evaluate:

His education training

His hygene

His feelings towards them ... what does he want... roll in the hay or more serious

His attitude towards his mother.. the way he treats her is the way he will treat them

And

Perfect. :thumb:

DB123

Jul 15, 2013
Her place
not sure how this thread got hijacked into a discussion about height being a factor. lol but i am bored so i'll bite again.

essentially the initial meeting there has to be at least some physical attraction and because you don't know one another it is obviously entirely superficial. come on guys, let's be honest here, how many of us have our own height preferences and have broken up or not been interested in someone due to their height. i am sure the reverse applies as well.

what keeps it going beyond date #3 or so are factors like personality, sense of humour, attitudes on life, etc...

having said this, i don't think 5'8" is all that short for a guy. isn't this average?
In the 1950's it was and I'm sure in Southeast Asia is borderline gigantic, but no it's a little below. All the hormones and crap in food on one hand and conversely, healthier diets from a young age on the other lead to taller people.

DB123

Jul 15, 2013
Her place
And to keep in line with getting off the booster seat issue. I don't lie about why I hobby. Sex with hot young ladies is awesome and with these ones the chance they're Facebook friends with my SO or her friends is next to zero.

legmann

Dec 2, 2001
T.O.
No need for sarcasm. That was my point from the beginning.:) some people are so height sensitive.
Hey - I'm 5'8, fit, and fine with that. :p

essentially at the initial meeting there has to be at least some physical attraction

what keeps it going beyond date #3 or so are factors like personality, sense of humour, attitudes on life, etc...
Yes, good point and one that's been overlooked.

thirdcup

Jan 4, 2005
Directly above the center of the earth
Women evaluate:

Good point. And by the same token, guys should pay attention to her mother's attitude toward her father. Does it show respect or contempt? Because children learn what they live.

Viggo Rasmussen

Feb 5, 2010
Women evaluate:

His education training

His hygene

And

His spelling. :eyebrows:

thirdcup

Jan 4, 2005
Directly above the center of the earth
There are all kinds of men on the internet with all kinds of neurosis, and I when one posts somewhere with a large membership, like reddit, those that share their opinion come crawling out of the woodwork. There are entire websites that prey on the insecurities of men and tell them how right they are, because you don't want to hear that it isn't your height that's holding you back. It absolutely isn't. Just read your posts here and replace "Short" with another adjective, then imagine it's coming from a woman and ask yourself if you'd be attracted to someone that's so insecure about themselves.

You're the one living the fantasy. There are a ton of short guys out there that are happily involved in relationships. You're making up excuses.

10 short guys get rejected while their only tall friend gets a handful of women, so they all decide it's because they're short. That's not proof of anything.

I guarantee you that your problem isn't height, it's your personality and/or how you approach women, but until you get over your insecurity, you'll never be able to move on. Seriously, for every short guys blaming it on being short, you'll find a woman that's dated a short guy and a short guy that's in a relationship. If some short guys have no problems being successful, your problem can't be shortness.
Just read your posts here and replace "Short" with another adjective....

Here's something to try- Replace short with handicapped. If it's all about whether you've got game, then being handicapped should not be a handicap. Rent a wheelchair for a month or two and use it whenever you want to meet chicks. If your success rate does not suffer, then we will all bow before you for not just talking the talk, but walking the walk (pardon the pun), and showing us that it really is all about personality and social skills, which is something that's under our control. If your success rate does suffer, then you would have to acknowledge that a lack of physical height/mobility/etc... does affect your chances for success.

By the way, would you look at a woman who couldn't walk the same way as you would look at one who could?

Mrbluntx

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
i agree with "does not want commitment" part of hobbying. for me i need stress relief when i can get it, i work in an industry where it is mostly men very few women and the women that do work their are married.

i dont think of myself as unattractive, i've noticed girls checking me out every-now-and-then when i am out and about, i just dont want to have feelings for anyone at the moment, one very beautiful woman ruined that part for me and that is why i choose to do what i do, i just see hobbying as a way to live out a few fantasies. sides that, hobbying is guarantee that i will get what i want where as with dating it is hit or miss.

don't get me wrong, getting into a relationship with someone you are truly attracted to is something great, the feeling is great, but for some of us we may not have the venues to do so.

i can honestly say, any guy can get any woman. in my experience you just have to be in the right place, i managed to be with a model for a short while she taught me things about attraction and generally what women really look for, and mind you when i met her i was less than attractive but she saw something in me she liked.

Occasionally

May 22, 2011
No lying from me! lol

I'm single and have money to spend. I'm picky with whom I go after in real life and haven't found that match yet. I get shot down from women I like. And it stinks too because I typically only go after one great gal at a time I know (maybe two tops). So when I strike out, I slowly move onto finding someone else which takes time. I'm not one of those guys who parties at clubs and is a serial dater always having 3 or 4 women going all at once. And I'm no Brad Pitt so I'll never get that opportunity anyway

I occasionally shoot down girls who've liked me. Just not my type.

So I hobby for the physical fun and that short one hour companionship, while I still look for that someone for long term relationship. When I do, the hobbying comes to a stop.

BlueLaser

Jan 28, 2014
Just read your posts here and replace "Short" with another adjective....

Here's something to try- Replace short with handicapped. If it's all about whether you've got game, then being handicapped should not be a handicap. Rent a wheelchair for a month or two and use it whenever you want to meet chicks. If your success rate does not suffer, then we will all bow before you for not just talking the talk, but walking the walk (pardon the pun), and showing us that it really is all about personality and social skills, which is something that's under our control. If your success rate does suffer, then you would have to acknowledge that a lack of physical height/mobility/etc... does affect your chances for success.

By the way, would you look at a woman who couldn't walk the same way as you would look at one who could?
Handicapped is a bit of a special case because any woman knows that getting involved with a handicapped guy means extra work on her part. The simple things in life are made much harder and take a lot more time. You can't tell me short, bald or chubby carries those same stigma.

I can tell you that I'm chubby and I'm balding. I also have a lot of grey. I'm also not particularly handsome (not ugly, a solid 7 I'd say) and have several scars on my face. If I can do fairly well, a guy with a little height disadvantage can manage it. Besides, I never said taller wasn't easier. If you can tick the boxes on a woman's preferences, you'll have an easier time. But the idea that has been presented is that it's virtually impossible. And that's what's bullshit.

Put me in a wheelchair and give me a year? Pretty sure I'd get a few dates. Nothing like the regular adventures I have now, but I'm sure I'd find someone. I might also have to lower my own standards. Besides, look at guys like Deborah Ann Woll's boyfriend who is handicapped and dying, and was when they met. Or any number of guys in wheelchairs that are married.

legmann

Dec 2, 2001
T.O.
I'm single and have money to spend.
I'm all for the 'easy sex' element as well - and lately that has been my primary motivation - though I still seek SPs to satisfy certain interests not easily satisfied with regular women (i.e. greek, etc).

For me, it's also about satisfying preferences for certain physical traits and body type, that - again - might not be easy or realistic to satisfy elsewhere (e.g. tall, leggy, busty, and East European).

I'll see your two cents and add my three cents in agreement.

I believe women in general are just as shallow (if not more) as men in selecting lovers/ mates and that is - they base their selection on physical appearance. I believe that it is a primal female urge to select a mate that offers the best protection and muscular attributes of a good hunter. You can be charming, witty and a sensitive guy at the bar but if you are short and fat - you are not getting the hot girl. You will get a girl who has also missed out on her prime picks.

Part of the illusion of hope for short fat guys is the result of Hollywood spinning out countless films in which the hot chick realizes that the jock is bad and the nerd is a better catch but that is because they cater to the money nerds pay to see these type of movies. I also suggest that feminists who fight the advertising of beautiful women are hoping to change the grading system so the tall attractive guy will now look at her.
In a study looking at attributes that both men and women look for in a casual lay and an actual mate, men and women both rated looks high for the former, but for women looks dropped noticeably for a mate, whereas it remained very high for men whether looking for just a lay or a mate.

I'm sorry, but who is more shallow?

Occasionally

May 22, 2011
In a study looking at attributes that both men and women look for in a casual lay and an actual mate, men and women both rated looks high for the former, but for women looks dropped noticeably for a mate, whereas it remained very high for men whether looking for just a lay or a mate.

I'd believe a study like that. Men typically do care about a woman's looks.

However, I'd also believe any study which showed women care more about a man's money and job status. And also how tall he is. So many women I know who snub their nose at guys shorter than them and make less money than them. And some of these woman aren't even short to begin with, so right off the bat they are limiting themselves to men 6 ft and taller as they might be 5"10 or 5"11. Not every guy is tall.

When we joke around and I ask why height is so important, the general response is that they feel weird and embarrassed needing to look down at the guy.

So depending on the criteria it goes both ways.

YUPPER.... they are more shallow...... just be observant of couples in a shopping mall/ bar / nightclub. You will see WAY more average guys with a FAT mate than an average girl with a SHORT guy. ALSO agree that the " personality " " charm " of a SHORT Guy WILL win over the girl . Pure fantasy. You can read on countless chat board about these ' NICE " guys being FRIENDZONED due to height. MAYBE if he is crazy funny like Jim Carry or Russel Peters he will get dates . REALISTICALLY how many of any persons are that charming & funny. Extreem few.....that is why we go pay to hear these funny guys.
For the record I've had civilian men say some pretty nasty things to me about my physical attributes over the years!

One guy who dated me but preferred taller women was always saying he wished he could put me on a rack and stretch me out to make me taller. Why the heck did you ask me out then?

Another, when I finally had enough of his poop and broke up with him, proceeded to tell me how his ex had a great rack, but no ass and how I had a great ass, but no rack. I could have retorted with a comment about his lack of height, but didn't as I'm more mature than that. I know that he was only lashing out at me because he was hurt, but it didn't just pop into his head out of nowhere, so there was a grain of truth in his statement and that was hurtful.

When out in public with girlfriends who have bigger boobs than me, fake or otherwise, I've been overlooked countless times but don't stress over it and sure as hell am not going to run out and get a boob job to try and attract more men to me.

I remember meeting a guy online who claimed he didn't have an issue with my being taller than him with my heels on as he'd dated lots of taller women. I purposely wore my heels to our first date and I could tell by his response that this threw him a bit and that he wasn't nearly as confident as he had claimed to be in our online correspondence. His height didn't bother me but his lack of confidence did.

I've dated short and tall guys, white and black guys, blue collar and white collar workers, very attractive guys and not so attractive guys that were attractive to me because I liked them, guys with money and guys with little money, guys with higher education and guys with nothing more than a high school diploma, etc. I even found their little imperfections (e.g. that one really crooked tooth) endearing.

Please stop lumping us all together, as you're starting to come across like the very thing you're protesting!

Occasionally

May 22, 2011
Please stop lumping us all together, as you're starting to come across like the very thing you're protesting!

Please stop.

I'd believe a study like that. Men typically do care about a woman's looks.

However, I'd also believe any study which showed women care more about a man's money and job status. And also how tall he is. So many women I know who snub their nose at guys shorter than them and make less money than them. And some of these woman aren't even short to begin with, so right off the bat they are limiting themselves to men 6 ft and taller as they might be 5"10 or 5"11. Not every guy is tall.

When we joke around and I ask why height is so important, the general response is that they feel weird and embarrassed needing to look down at the guy.

So depending on the criteria it goes both ways.
The study looked at more than just looks as there were many criteria involved, but that was what the prof pointed out to us about it and therefore what I remember more readily.

I know that after having been taken for money by some not so great guys in my life I now concern myself more with what a man makes or has achieved and do prefer a guy to be taller than me, but his height isn't a deal breaker for me. I don't feel this makes me shallow, but by your logic I am.

As for the rest, the truth of the matter is that with more earning power now women are being more selective in a mate. Gone are the days of our mothers. My adoptive mom lived on a farm and had few suiters, so took the first seemingly decent one that came along. Little did she know he was a short tempered, verbally abusive man and as a housewife with no earning potential she had nowhere to go once she did figure it out. My biological mom stayed with a man who drank too much and cheated on her for various reasons, two of which was the belief that my baby half brother needed a male influence in his life and that two paychecks were better than one. I'm certain that if she made more money she could have found a better male influence for him.

Like you, I'm selective and focus on one potential mate at a time, but I'm certain that our criteria for a mate differs due to more than just our gender differences. I can't help but remember what my good friend and mentor told me when I was in my early twenties. He said that most people settle and to never settle. We're either both too picky or refuse to settle. I guess it depends on how one chooses to look at it. I don't however think it has anything to do with either of us being shallow.

Occasionally

May 22, 2011
The study looked at more than just looks as there were many criteria involved, but that was what the prof pointed out to us about it and therefore what I remember more readily.

I know that after having been taken for money by some not so great guys in my life I now concern myself more with what a man makes or has achieved and do prefer a guy to be taller than me, but his height isn't a deal breaker for me. I don't feel this makes me shallow, but by your logic I am.

As for the rest, the truth of the matter is that with more earning power now women are being more selective in a mate. Gone are the days of our mothers. My adoptive mom lived on a farm and had few suiters, so took the first seemingly decent one that came along. Little did she know he was a short tempered, verbally abusive man. My biological mom stayed with a man who drank too much and cheated on her for various reasons, two of which was the belief that my baby half brother needed a male influence in his life and that two paychecks were better than one.
Make up your mind.

Do you want to call people shallow based on studies which have overarching trends? Or do you want people to "stop lumping us together"..... which is the opposite of what broad studies and stereotypes reveal?

Toronto Escorts