TERB In Need of a Banner

Empty shelves...

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
I agree with most of it. I don’t support mandates, but agree with the vaccine.

I don’t agree with protest hostage taking. Stopping a car for 3 mins before it enters a parking lot - ok. But blocking the border so vaccinated truckers can’t bring food into Canada is not right, in my opinion.

While it is disappointing to see people refused service, if it was for not wearing masks, that is on them, not the business. If it was businesses doing it because they were not supportive of the convoy, that is totally wrong. I don’t know enough to form an opinion.

This is all about hospital resources. So 10%/90% doesn’t matter. In my opinion, I focus on resources.

Thank you for sharing opinion respectfully.
My town closed exit ramps so they couldn't stop or follow the route that had been given to our city a few days in advance and my city approved. They closed it at the last minute. The restaurants had nothing to do with it, when i posted that i thought 2k people but the total was closer to 7k. That would have been a nice boost to the local economy.

As for hospital resources our hospitals have been overwhelmed and at a breaking point for longer than a decade. Covid didn't cause this, poor government spending and planning did. That's just what i have seen in my lifetime.

I have no reason to be disrespectful in here. Yeah when i first came in here 10 years ago or whatever it was i was trolling hard to get a response. By the end of the first run i had changed how i was and how i spoke to people because i matured and over the last 7 years i was gone from here i matured further. I am no longer that dumb kid so eager to see the world burn.

We'd all do a lot better if we could converse instead of talk over.
 

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,057
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
My town closed exit ramps so they couldn't stop or follow the route that had been given to our city a few days in advance and my city approved. They closed it at the last minute. The restaurants had nothing to do with it, when i posted that i thought 2k people but the total was closer to 7k. That would have been a nice boost to the local economy.

As for hospital resources our hospitals have been overwhelmed and at a breaking point for longer than a decade. Covid didn't cause this, poor government spending and planning did. That's just what i have seen in my lifetime.

I have no reason to be disrespectful in here. Yeah when i first came in here 10 years ago or whatever it was i was trolling hard to get a response. By the end of the first run i had changed how i was and how i spoke to people because i matured and over the last 7 years i was gone from here i matured further. I am no longer that dumb kid so eager to see the world burn.

We'd all do a lot better if we could converse instead of talk over.
I can understand cities closing ramps. Protesters can protest but cities don’t have to let them in.

and to be clear, I am not blaming hospital resources on COVID. I blame all forms of government for that and for the decades it has been going on. This is our payment for allowing our governments to fuck our healthcare. This is what happens decades later.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shakenbake

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
and to be clear, I am not blaming hospital resources on COVID. I blame all forms of government for that and for the decades it has been going on. This is our payment for allowing our governments to fuck our healthcare. This is what happens decades later.
I completely agree. The government needs to be held accountable which they have not been. They forgot they are employees.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shakenbake

benstt

Well-known member
Jan 20, 2004
1,655
523
113
As for hospital resources our hospitals have been overwhelmed and at a breaking point for longer than a decade. Covid didn't cause this, poor government spending and planning did. That's just what i have seen in my lifetime.
Just curious, I wonder how many hospital beds & ICU beds do people think we should have scaled up to handle the pandemic better? The theme seems to be that we should not lock down, just deal with what comes. But no mention of how many beds that really means, how much it would cost, and how many deaths and serious long term cases would happen anyway.

They did add temporary capacity, if I recall, but beyond that with no lockdowns, what do people think would happen?
 

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
Just curious, I wonder how many hospital beds & ICU beds do people think we should have scaled up to handle the pandemic better? The theme seems to be that we should not lock down, just deal with what comes. But no mention of how many beds that really means, how much it would cost, and how many deaths and serious long term cases would happen anyway.

They did add temporary capacity, if I recall, but beyond that with no lockdowns, what do people think would happen?
I don't live near the gta. My local hospital that is under 10 years old sat empty while heard about over flows and having to pick who lives or dies and all the other stuff my local hospital sat empty.

So were the hospitals overwhelmed or were a few hospitals in Toronto overwhelmed and they didn't want to transfer patients to create a point?

I don't know how much more we need but every year for as many years I can remember there has been some outbreak of something that overwhelmed the system.

With the recent switch of telling us % of people that were admitted to hospital for other reasons and then got covid how can we know if the numbers from the last 2 years have been accurate and this was as bad as claimed.

To many questions and no real answers. But the deaths that occurred showed some serious flaws in our Healthcare system. I still believe we have one of the best in the world but lots of room for improvement.
 

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
I don't live near the gta. My local hospital that is under 10 years old sat empty while heard about over flows and having to pick who lives or dies and all the other stuff my local hospital sat empty.

So were the hospitals overwhelmed or were a few hospitals in Toronto overwhelmed and they didn't want to transfer patients to create a point?

I don't know how much more we need but every year for as many years I can remember there has been some outbreak of something that overwhelmed the system.

With the recent switch of telling us % of people that were admitted to hospital for other reasons and then got covid how can we know if the numbers from the last 2 years have been accurate and this was as bad as claimed.

To many questions and no real answers. But the deaths that occurred showed some serious flaws in our Healthcare system. I still believe we have one of the best in the world but lots of room for improvement.
We're bottom of the G7.
 

jalimon

Well-known member
Jan 10, 2016
8,723
9,603
113
The good thing about empty shelves is that since price have gone up so much we cannot buy anything ;)
 

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
I like that I don't go bankrupt for getting sick.
Great. But, wouldn't it be nice to be better? Maybe we wouldn't be shutting down the province of 15 million because of a 1000 sick people.
 

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
Great. But, wouldn't it be nice to be better? Maybe we wouldn't be shutting down the province of 15 million because of a 1000 sick people.
So let's hold the government responsible for their spending and use the surplus to make our hospitals actually function.

Alternatively we can end the war on drugs (because that didn't work) and use that money for hospitals and treatment facilities.
 

Mr.Know-It-All

Giver of truth
Jul 26, 2020
2,051
1,383
113
The sanctimonious need to suffer in order to see the light. The sooner there are shortages of everything, the better.
 

basketcase

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2005
62,466
6,990
113
That's the only way for the working men to have their voices heard.
Working men like the truckers delivering supplies to stores where people are waiting to put them on shelves so that working people can get food for their families?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: squeezer

basketcase

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2005
62,466
6,990
113
...

How about joining the political party of your choice, supporting them, going to the meetings to get your voice heard.
...
The People's Party was a massive failure yet people like JC and the truckers somehow still believe they represent the majority of Canadians.
 

basketcase

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2005
62,466
6,990
113
Just curious, I wonder how many hospital beds & ICU beds do people think we should have scaled up to handle the pandemic better? The theme seems to be that we should not lock down, just deal with what comes. But no mention of how many beds that really means, how much it would cost, and how many deaths and serious long term cases would happen anyway.

They did add temporary capacity, if I recall, but beyond that with no lockdowns, what do people think would happen?
If the provincial government raised taxes to pay for more hospital capacity, these alt-right fake truckers would probably protest in Ottawa about Trudeau again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: squeezer
Toronto Escorts