Empty shelves...

NotADcotor

His most imperial galactic atheistic majesty.
Mar 8, 2017
7,191
4,855
113
Well, I assume you are another wildly inaccurate assumer.
Well to be fair, it wasn't a totally unreasonable assumption for someone reading the covid section.
I guess nobody is confusing me for Lemmy, Chuck Norris or Morgan Freeman or some fake gods.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jcpro

PeteOsborne

Kingston recon
Feb 12, 2020
2,196
2,101
113
kingston
Funny that the people who accuse the vaccinated of being motivated by fear are trying to stoke fear over having a little less choice at their grocery store.
Like this guy?
https://www.kingstonist.com/news/mp...hain-shorting-for-empty-grocery-store-cooler/
Many of the pictures showing empty shelves have been explained by the stores as prouct placement restructuring (I remember one was shelves where Christmas items had been displayed) or end of day/closing time shots when shelves have not yet been restocked.
Like the Walmart that Hillier took the picture of but didn't take a direct picture of the sign saying the coolers were down and product was stored in the back and could be asked for.
 

silentkisser

Master of Disaster
Jun 10, 2008
5,675
7,853
113
The supply chain issues are world wide. Right now, one of the reasons stores are not being stocked is that a shocking number of people have COVID and cannot work. So, the stores are understaffed and the number of truckers (vaccinated or not) has decline.

Opening things up right now is a risk. Hospitalizations may or may not have peaked (we're just not sure), but over 1,200 people died this month. The most of any other covid wave. Think about that. Now, most of the dead were unvaccinated, but we have idiots protesting the vaccine and then crying because the province needs to close things down so the hospitals don't get overwhelmed. Then they blame Trudeau for local public health decisions. Obviously not the sharpest tools in the drawer...
 

Robert Mugabe

Well-known member
Nov 5, 2017
11,092
8,376
113
I think it started in Australia, I heard reports the panic buying spreading here. I figured I better get mine first.
As buddy above says, there is no expiry date on it. I didn't get a several year supply because there was enough being made so it was obviously going to be temporary. A couple of 24 packs IIRC.
Stores soon became empty of that particular item for a good month or more, so in hind sight, those who "did the right thing" got fucked.

I am guessing like with most things, they make TP at a level matched with consumption, at normal times one doesn't need a lot of inventory built up and with Just In Time inventory style being the thing, less inventory tying up less capital [which has a cost] and less need for warehouse space [which has a cost] means that when you have enough people wanting a month or 3 month supply of TP for the bunghole, it's hard to keep stores stocked. You could ramp up production but why go through the expense for capacity for a panic that will be over in a month or two and have all that unused capacity.
Why TP vs say toothpaste. Like asking the Dutch why they went sex nuts and special needs strong over Tulips a few hundred years ago. Also doesn't expire. Rather shocked there wasn't a run on rice and beans, canned goods etc. I put up some extra back then just in case.


Oh, and it was part of Justin Beiber's evil plans of evil.
Silly me investing in bitcoin. Should have been investing in Beiberbits.
 

basketcase

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2005
62,466
6,990
113
...

My chance of paying more for gas, milk, butter, car, house ... really everything is 100%
...
But the thread is about empty shelves, not inflation.

If you think worrying about dying and worrying about not getting your first choice brand of cereal are equivalent....
 

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,058
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
Truckers are blocking the border crossing in Coutts. They are purposely blocking the supply chain of truckers wanting to cross the border with supplies. Blocking truckers from going home to their families.

This is not a protest, this hostage holding.

And then they cry supply chain issues are happening because they can’t cross the border themselves all while they stop others???🙄

They scream freedom but where is the freedom for those who choose to be vaxxed. Why are they held hostage?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shakenbake

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
Truckers are blocking the border crossing in Coutts. They are purposely blocking the supply chain of truckers wanting to cross the border with supplies. Blocking truckers from going home to their families.

This is not a protest, this hostage holding.

And then they cry supply chain issues are happening because they can’t cross the border themselves all while they stop others???🙄

They scream freedom but where is the freedom for those who choose to be vaxxed. Why are they held hostage?
It's called a job action- a protest . That's how they're done. They'll be gone in a few days.
 

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,058
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
It's called a job action- a protest . That's how they're done. They'll be gone in a few days.
I don’t and never have agreed with or supported protests that hold the public hostage in some way. That goes for teachers holding parents, that goes for BLM holding the pride parade hostage, that goes for the Native holding the railroads hostage etc.

I don’t agree with it and you automatically lose my support.

Plus they are using fear mongering that they are creating.

You can support them and help spread their lies if you like but I’ll call it out thanks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: shakenbake

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
I don’t and never have agree with or supported protests that hold the public hostage in some way. That goes for teachers holding parents, that goes for BLM holding the pride parade hostage, etc.

I don’t agree with it and you automatically lose my support.

Plus they are using fear mongering that they are creating.

You can support them and help spread their lies if you like but I’ll call it out thanks.
That's the only way for the working men to have their voices heard.
 

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
The supply chain issues started long before the trucks went on strike. It's just been slightly accelerated since then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jenesis

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,058
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
That's the only way for the working men to have their voices heard.
No it is not but you keep believing that. You are such a die-hard, it wouldn’t matter what I say to you. And there is nothing you can say to me so I’m saying it now, I’m not going back and forth with you like you do with others.

I have said I’m vaxxed but not for the mandates. I will support peaceful, non-hostage taking protests for it. You can do what you like.


The supply chain issues started long before the trucks went on strike. It's just been slightly accelerated since then.
Agreed and to say that it is all because of truckers is an out right lie. And for truckers to use that line in their protest while purposefully disrupting the supply chain makes it even worse.

Let’s purposefully stop food from going into a country as the best way to gather support. 🙄
 
  • Like
Reactions: shakenbake

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
No it is not but you keep believing that. You are such a die-hard, it wouldn’t matter what I say to you. And there is nothing you can say to me so I’m saying it now, I’m not going back and forth with you like you do with others.

I have said I’m vaxxed but not for the mandates. I will support peaceful, non-hostage taking protests for it. You can do what you like.
I've been among the working men all my life- I'm not a die hard just a realist. The higher higher will never pay any attention to you unless their own interests are on the line. Job actions, strikes, slowdowns, blockades performed by the workers are the only way and I don't really care about their cause, but I support them because solidarity and mutual support is what the elitist fuckers fear the most, like you saw last weekend when Justin "evacuated" himself into a shelter.
 

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,058
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
I've been among the working men all my life- I'm not a die hard just a realist. The higher higher will never pay any attention to you unless their own interests are on the line. Job actions, strikes, slowdowns, blockades performed by the workers are the only way and I don't really care about their cause, but I support them because solidarity and mutual support is what the elitist fuckers fear the most, like you saw last weekend when Justin "evacuated" himself into a shelter.
This is why I won’t talk to you. The man isolated for COVID, tested positive along with 2 of his kids. But you want to lie and twist things to suit your narrative. I don’t put up with from Shack, I’m certainly not going to put up with it from you.

Out of respect, I try my best to reply to any quote. Just giving you a heads up - go for the last word if you need it, I will not respond to you any further in this thread.
 

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
This is why I won’t talk to you. The man isolated for COVID, tested positive along with 2 of his kids. But you want to lie and twist things to suit your narrative. I don’t put up with from Shack, I’m certainly not going to put up with it from you.

Out of respect, I try my best to reply to any quote. Just giving you a heads up - go for the last word if you need it, I will not respond to you any further in this thread.
Justin made his position clear BEFORE his covid "diagnosis ". He is an elitist coward.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jenesis

Meesh

It was VICIOUS!
Jun 3, 2002
3,969
291
83
Toronto
That's the only way for the working men to have their voices heard.
Really?

How about going to political candidates meetings and letting them know your views.

How about joining the political party of your choice, supporting them, going to the meetings to get your voice heard.

How about working for your local candidate to get their word out to the community and get them elected.

All of the above are legal.
 

jcpro

Well-known member
Jan 31, 2014
24,509
6,740
113
Really?

How about going to political candidates meetings and letting them know your views.

How about joining the political party of your choice, supporting them, going to the meetings to get your voice heard.

How about working for your local candidate to get their word out to the community and get them elected.

All of the above are legal.
How about writing a strongly worded letter to your MP?
 

simon482

internets icon
Feb 8, 2009
9,945
181
63
Agreed and to say that it is all because of truckers is an out right lie. And for truckers to use that line in their protest while purposefully disrupting the supply chain makes it even worse.

Let’s purposefully stop food from going into a country as the best way to gather support. 🙄
I wrote this on my personal fb right before I got banned for saying punch a nazi in the face and burn his flag. It sums up on my feelings on the protest and covid and really all of it. Not that any of our opinions matter.


I know my opinion doesn't matter, for the most part none of ours do and that's fine. But I sit and think a lot.

About the convoy. Pat King needs to step out of the public role he has in it. If he's evolved past his racist shit it doesn't matter because it exists and is well documented. He's doing more harm than anything. The other "leaders" need to ask him to do that or he should volunteer to do it.

I saw people say how can you support a separatist? I live in Ontario and I want to separate from ontario. Our election system is broken when Toronto decides the fate of the country.

I totally get for the last 2 years you haven't been able to go anywhere or do anything even though you followed every rule and did everything asked. The frustration is real. The government has you convinced the 10% of unvaxxed are making it so you (the 90%) still can't do anything.

The only time 10% can stop 90% is when that 10% are the government and they've convinced you that your neighbors are your enemies. They aren't.

My town yells support local yet yesterday when 2000 people minimum passed through town looking for places to eat and sleep they were pushed out and told to move along. That is disappointing.

I support anyone that does a protest. Even when they inconvenience me because if it's beat you up enough that it's got you to that point then please ruin my day to get your point across. I'll research your point when home.

Please like all the Canadian protests before you stay peaceful. Violence destroys the good of the message. Just like people that spew hatred.

I'm triple shot. No one should be treated like they have been recently if they chose not to be or to be. Covid isn't going away. Time to live with it and stop trusting our health to people that profit off keeping us sick.

That's a whole lot of words for an opinion that doesn't matter.
 

Jenesis

Fabulously Full Figured
Supporting Member
Jul 14, 2020
10,845
12,058
113
North Whitby Incalls
www.jenesis.ch
I wrote this on my personal fb right before I got banned for saying punch a nazi in the face and burn his flag. It sums up on my feelings on the protest and covid and really all of it. Not that any of our opinions matter.


I know my opinion doesn't matter, for the most part none of ours do and that's fine. But I sit and think a lot.

About the convoy. Pat King needs to step out of the public role he has in it. If he's evolved past his racist shit it doesn't matter because it exists and is well documented. He's doing more harm than anything. The other "leaders" need to ask him to do that or he should volunteer to do it.

I saw people say how can you support a separatist? I live in Ontario and I want to separate from ontario. Our election system is broken when Toronto decides the fate of the country.

I totally get for the last 2 years you haven't been able to go anywhere or do anything even though you followed every rule and did everything asked. The frustration is real. The government has you convinced the 10% of unvaxxed are making it so you (the 90%) still can't do anything.

The only time 10% can stop 90% is when that 10% are the government and they've convinced you that your neighbors are your enemies. They aren't.

My town yells support local yet yesterday when 2000 people minimum passed through town looking for places to eat and sleep they were pushed out and told to move along. That is disappointing.

I support anyone that does a protest. Even when they inconvenience me because if it's beat you up enough that it's got you to that point then please ruin my day to get your point across. I'll research your point when home.

Please like all the Canadian protests before you stay peaceful. Violence destroys the good of the message. Just like people that spew hatred.

I'm triple shot. No one should be treated like they have been recently if they chose not to be or to be. Covid isn't going away. Time to live with it and stop trusting our health to people that profit off keeping us sick.

That's a whole lot of words for an opinion that doesn't matter.
I agree with most of it. I don’t support mandates, but agree with the vaccine.

I don’t agree with protest hostage taking. Stopping a car for 3 mins before it enters a parking lot - ok. But blocking the border so vaccinated truckers can’t bring food into Canada is not right, in my opinion.

While it is disappointing to see people refused service, if it was for not wearing masks, that is on them, not the business. If it was businesses doing it because they were not supportive of the convoy, that is totally wrong. I don’t know enough to form an opinion.

This is all about hospital resources. So 10%/90% doesn’t matter. In my opinion, I focus on resources.

Thank you for sharing opinion respectfully.
 
Toronto Escorts