I have a 5 acre parcel that abuts farmland and bush about 20 minutes from the nearest town in SW Ontario. Awesome land 30 mins. from TO. Coyote ugly scene for sure tho', there are many of them around. Super nasty and could snatch away a small child/pet instantly and I sure wouldn't want two or three of them on me either. Think small german sheps, 8 times nastier. They are killers period, looking for a meal. Don't hate them for it but like, don't fucking eat my ass. I am about to build an estate property on the lot and asked the other folks in the area what the best approach to this was, i.e. keeping bad shit from my props. Had thought about doing the shotgun thing which I know how to use really well however think I'm going to go the 80 lb. dog route to keep the property safe from any manner of incursions. I was told that once you get yourself armed and ready the damage is done...an 80 pounder scares all the low life shit (humans included) out of the vicinty. I'm having a blast looking at various dog options...total hoot...as for the rest, Ima fishin'.