This is a civic holiday, not federal, so it means nothing unless you are in a good union
I am in a good union so I work 10 hour shifts on my Holidays .
That means 8 hours holiday pay plus 10 hours 1.5 time as working on holiday is considered overtime because that 8 hour holiday pay put you over 40 hours which is overtime. If I am forced to work overtime it is double time
or 23 hours regular pay for one day of easy work today
But, if I did not work I still get the 8 hours holiday pay so sometimes I do not
I am in a good union so I work 10 hour shifts on my Holidays .
That means 8 hours holiday pay plus 10 hours 1.5 time as working on holiday is considered overtime because that 8 hour holiday pay put you over 40 hours which is overtime. If I am forced to work overtime it is double time
or 23 hours regular pay for one day of easy work today
But, if I did not work I still get the 8 hours holiday pay so sometimes I do not
Last edited:






