Lost

tboy

resident smartass
Aug 18, 2001
15,966
2
0
65
way out in left field
Thanks red, but just for conversation, those are all atlantic/med type vessels. We're talking the hawaiian islands 1000's of mile from no where.

I seem to recall that the pacific islanders had ocean going canoes but that was only for island hopping around the solomons etc.

But hey, it's lost right? lol.....
 

cancowboy2001

Member
Apr 8, 2004
533
0
16
Thanks red, but just for conversation, those are all atlantic/med type vessels. We're talking the hawaiian islands 1000's of mile from no where.

I seem to recall that the pacific islanders had ocean going canoes but that was only for island hopping around the solomons etc.

But hey, it's lost right? lol.....
I think in a previous episode they say the island moves around too.
And Richard who was going from Spain (or the Canary Islands) to North America ended up on the island.
 
I think in a previous episode they say the island moves around too.
And Richard who was going from Spain (or the Canary Islands) to North America ended up on the island.
True...

Although the show is filmed on location in Hawaii, the Island's true location is unknown... . It has been referenced as being in the south pacific and mid Atlantic at times throughout history...
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
Another point about the knife... when MIB used it to kill his "mother", he did so before she spoke- apparently one of the rules when attempting to kill one of the so called immortals... which is why it worked, and possibly how Jacob and MIB figure THAT particular rule out. (?) She also said "Thank you..." to MIB... leading me to believe she suffered from a fate worse than death, and was now finally free from it. (Why else would an adoptive mother thank her adoptive son for killing her... god knows how long she's been stuck there, and quite possibly SHE was the equivalent to MIB's character for centuries...)
True, but didn't Jacob speak to Ben before Ben stabbed him?
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
Just thinking about what MIB's name is... didn't the biblical Jacob also have a twin brother? Esaw or something like that... and weren't they deeply conflicted as well? Just throwing that out there...

Or maybe his name is Aaron...
I'm nearly 100% certain that MIB's name is Aaron. That's the only reason why they'd keep from telling us until the very last episode. Aaron is also a Hebrew name, like Jacob. It's also why earlier in the series, Claire was warned not to let her baby raised by someone else...that it was crucial. I could write a paragraph to explain this, but the simple answer would be that if MIB would have been raised by his biological mother, he wouldn't have turned out like he did. She also picked the baby's name once once she was on the island, after giving birth to it. By the way, last night's episode confirmed that they're not Jacob/Esau from the Bible.
 

basketcase

Well-known member
Dec 29, 2005
62,466
6,990
113
1 - The island moves. That was the whole thing with the underground wheel a few seasons ago.

2 - I thought they were able to do the namelss bit well.

3 - Smokey was able to see his dead mother but Jacob wasn't. Of the candidates, Hurley is the one who can see dead people but there is no way I can see Hurley as the new MIB.

4 - The eden thing annoys me - too predictable.
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
Didn't the Egyptians have ocean going vessels long before that? Vikings too I believe...

Plus... "island mother" and "birth mother" were speaking latin...
Claudia likely was a Roman, which explained why she spoke latin. One thing about being the island's official protector: it likely gives him/her the ability to speak all languages. Jacob also spoke other languages, as we've seen in past episodes.
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
Actually, I think Ben stated that as long as he was on the island, HE never spoke to Jacob and was jealous because of it.....
Exactly my point. Ben spoke with Jacob, got incensed at his indifference, and stabbed him.....killing him. It didn't seem to matter if he spoke to him first or not. Who knows, maybe Jacob changed the rules again like he did when Alex got murdered by Keamy right in front of Ben, a few seasons ago. "He" was Jacob, and not Charles Widmore, which is what we were led to believe.
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
It wasn't Latin ... I heard on a podcast this morning that it wasn't Latin
You sure? I read in several blogs that it was latin. However, it's not that important anyways. But my gut-feeling is that it was latin since latin is the language that the Others have been using among themselves.
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
3 - Smokey was able to see his dead mother but Jacob wasn't. Of the candidates, Hurley is the one who can see dead people but there is no way I can see Hurley as the new MIB.
There are many theories to this. MIB (I'll start calling him 'Aaron' from now on) was always told by his adoptive mother that he was 'special'. We never got an explanation to this. Maybe Hurley is also 'special', which doesn't mean much anyways since Walt was also supposedly 'special' & we haven't heard about him for ages.
 

Doug1ca

New member
Jun 2, 2009
245
1
0
Good thread Lost fans. So that "wheel" came into the story last night - which Ben used in an earlier episode to move the island. I'm looking at this from the island's "energy" which I what I think Widmore is after, and was somehow connected to why Desmond had to enter the code in the earlier season.

As for "smokie" - a tough MF - wonder how that will unfold. - it better not be a cheesy alien thing!
 

tboy

resident smartass
Aug 18, 2001
15,966
2
0
65
way out in left field
Good thread Lost fans. So that "wheel" came into the story last night - which Ben used in an earlier episode to move the island. I'm looking at this from the island's "energy" which I what I think Widmore is after, and was somehow connected to why Desmond had to enter the code in the earlier season.

As for "smokie" - a tough MF - wonder how that will unfold. - it better not be a cheesy alien thing!
LOL I could see them doing something like that. An alien who looks like telly savalas made out of white plasticine comes out of the "light hole" and flys away on "lights of fire" lol....

Better yet, picture this:

big fight on the island between smokie and Jack, fire, rockets going off, explosions, cut to a shot of hurley starting awake on board an airliner....
Pan back slowly showing Jack, Kate, Sayid, everyone....
Hurley wipes his eyes and says to the person next to him:
Dude, you wouldn't believe the dream I just had......
 

tboy

resident smartass
Aug 18, 2001
15,966
2
0
65
way out in left field
And I wanna know one thing:

Who is Jacob and MiB's father?

Lucky bastard got to mess around with Claudia!
that's what I was wondering too....the adam and eve/garden of eden doesn't fly because it would have been "eve" and her son, not adam. Unless of course Eve nagged adam to death about cleaning up the jungle, taking out the trash, leaving his socks on the cave floor and he finally snapped and threw himself off a cliff.....
 

Doc Holliday

The One & Only
Mar 11, 2004
384
0
16
Montreal
that's what I was wondering too....the adam and eve/garden of eden doesn't fly because it would have been "eve" and her son, not adam. Unless of course Eve nagged adam to death about cleaning up the jungle, taking out the trash, leaving his socks on the cave floor and he finally snapped and threw himself off a cliff.....
One of the castaways gave them that nickname (Adam & Eve) when he found them. They had no idea who the skeletons were & since one of them was a female, they jumped to conclusions thinking the male must have been her husband.

We've also been assured by the producers & actors that the ending will be true to the series' storyline, meaning it won't be something they imagined or dreamed about.
 

tboy

resident smartass
Aug 18, 2001
15,966
2
0
65
way out in left field
true to the story line? Christ that could mean ANYTHING lol....I mean seriously, they've played with time, logic, intelligence, laws of physics, man, that means they can write ANYTHING lol
 

SoftHands813

Casual Observer
Jan 2, 2008
749
318
63
Remember how at various points this season we've seen Flocke spot a young boy who appears to be following him? Is it just me, or is that young boy the same person as the young Jacob? (I didn't save the past episodes, so I can't go back and check, and imdb.com doesn't have full cast lists - probably by design).
 
Remember how at various points this season we've seen Flocke spot a young boy who appears to be following him? Is it just me, or is that young boy the same person as the young Jacob? (I didn't save the past episodes, so I can't go back and check, and imdb.com doesn't have full cast lists - probably by design).
Yes, it is young Jacob. I remember watching those scenes and immediately thought young Jacob, based on Flocke's reaction to him, and the clothes he was wearing. Some have suggested Aaron, as well... but now I am certain. If you need further proof, the young actor that plays Young Jacob in Across the Sea is named Kenton Duty... and is credited with the role as "Teenage Boy" as well in those earlier episodes.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kenton_Duty
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2778261/
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts