Hot Pink List

Trudeau is experimenting on his people — and the world is watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

contact

Aug 1, 2012
You know that historically right of centre governments have run deficits far more than centre-left governments, huh?

If you track records of deficits in the US - saying this because I just read this stuff a day or two back - Reagan and Bush completely fucked the deficit to record mega levels and Clinton in particular patched things back up and made it solvent again.

It's the religious obsession with "trickle down economics" on the part of the GOP. The belief that if you cut every last penny of taxes to the very rich, that will stimulate the economy. In fact, all neutral studies indicate that this simply drives up the deficit to monster levels with no corresponding economic good effect. Of course, their multi billionaire donors pay the GOP DC-ers to do exactly this and pretend that they believe it works.

At the same time, as soon as a Dem suggests raising the minimum wage, the GOP will scream about fiscal irresponsibility.
so you saying taxes wont go WAY up here and budgets magically balance themselves?

I have the ability' to move myself and assets and will do that to protect my money

jcpro

Jan 31, 2014
Oh no! I have never ever contemplated touching another man's dick! If it's your thing, it's cool, not judging. I believe in what one does in the bedroom is one's own thing but as for me, the only dick that goes in my hand is my own and the only thing my tongue licks is a pussy, a real born female pussy!
ROTFLMFAO!!!! The conservative argument from the 80s....yet, you did bring it up to attack me, didn't you? You can hide many things often, but eventually, the hidden, real you surfaces. Now I know who you are- thanks.

squeezer

Jan 8, 2010
ROTFLMFAO!!!! The conservative argument from the 80s....yet, you did bring it up to attack me, didn't you? You can hide many things often, but eventually, the hidden, real you surfaces. Now I know who you are- thanks.
Wait, hold up!! I attacked YOU? I believe you called me gay in a very insulting manner but not to worry, I have thick skin and do not report anyone.

Let's look at the evidence

The love for Justin makes you either gay or an ideologue. I hope it's the gay thing.
And I did not attack you, I merely pointed out what is not my thing which I believe I have a right to do. I never said what you can't or can do or if it's right or wrong, I simply do not care what you play with or put in your mouth, it's not any of my business. All I ask is you do not label me something I am not. I am and it is my right as it is yours to enjoy yourself under the sheets or out of the sheets or on the kitchen counter anyway you choose to do so and notice, I've not labeled you one way or the other. I do not care but you threw a label out which wasn't necessary and all because I'm a little jelly of Justin's hair.

jcpro

Jan 31, 2014
Wait, hold up!! I attacked YOU? I believe you called me gay in a very insulting manner but not to worry, I have thick skin and do not report anyone.

Let's look at the evidence

And I did not attack you, I merely pointed out what is not my thing which I believe I have a right to do. I never said what you can't or can do or if it's right or wrong, I simply do not care what you play with or put in your mouth, it's not any of my business. All I ask is you do not label me something I am not. I am and it is my right as it is yours to enjoy yourself under the sheets or out of the sheets or on the kitchen counter anyway you choose to do so and notice, I've not labeled you one way or the other. I do not care but you threw a label out which wasn't necessary and all because I'm a little jelly of Justin's hair.
That's ok, relax. It's a common affliction. I'm not offended. I've been called worse by better.

Reactions: squeezer

mandrill

Aug 23, 2001
so you saying taxes wont go WAY up here and budgets magically balance themselves?

I have the ability' to move myself and assets and will do that to protect my money
The irony is that the deficit in the US will go up far beyond that in Canada if your buddies the GOP get back into power.

And taxes have always been higher in Canada because of the social net. And the CPC has virtually the same attitude as the Grits on the social net because its a Canadian consensus issue.

mandrill

Aug 23, 2001
they are still here
Trudeau Blames Conservatives For Canada’s Vaccine Manufacturing Decline | HuffPost Canada Politics (huffingtonpost.ca)
In Canada, renewed attention has been drawn to the country’s biotech industry. There is manufacturing capacity in Canada, but the facilities and machines are designed to fulfill pre-existing contracts for vaccines for influenza, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases.
Unlike the process for producing influenza vaccines, which requires the use of eggs or cells to grow antigens, the process for COVID-19 is more complicated.
Because the vaccines for the novel coronavirus are messenger RNA vaccines, chemicals need to be catalyzed in a special tube or tank for their production — which is a technology that is limited in Canada, let alone the world.
Corbella: Vaccine problems are not Mulroney's fault, it's Trudeau's | Calgary Herald

Trudeau and his ministers have gone so far as to blame former Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney — who was prime minister from 1984 to 1993 — for the privatization, or “the selling off“, of Connaught Laboratories. What he fails to mention is that Connaught Labs didn’t go anywhere. It’s now part of Sanofi Pasteur, the world’s largest manufacturer of vaccines. The Connaught Campus in Toronto accounts for one-fifth of the company’s global vaccine sales.
Experts in Canada’s innovative pharmaceutical industry — as opposed to the generic pharmaceutical industry — say Trudeau’s attempt to pin the blame on Mulroney or a more recent Conservative prime minister, Stephen Harper, is ironic, because were it not for Mulroney, the innovative industry likely wouldn’t exist here at all.
Opinion: Why we’re not doing better on COVID vaccines | Financial Post
This unfavourable environment has its roots in the Trudeau government of 1968 and the effective elimination of pharmaceutical patents. That lead to the hollowing-out of the innovative industry and the emergence of a generic-company oligopoly that was supported by successive Liberal governments.
Yep. They didn't PHYSICALLY move. They're just owned by multi nationals and meet pre existing contracts to provide other types of products. How does that help your argument?

They're not available to suddenly meet new priorities at the government's request BECAUSE MULRONEY SOLD THEM TO MULTI NATIONALS AND WE DON'T OWN THEM ANY MORE.

Oh and when the Post says that subsequent Liberal governments supported this, how about those subsequent TORY governments. Because the Tories have been in power for over 50% of the time since Daddy Trudeau. And yup, the TORY governments supported this too.

I rest my case.

contact

Aug 1, 2012
Yep. They didn't PHYSICALLY move. They're just owned by multi nationals and meet pre existing contracts to provide other types of products. How does that help your argument?

They're not available to suddenly meet new priorities at the government's request BECAUSE MULRONEY SOLD THEM TO MULTI NATIONALS AND WE DON'T OWN THEM ANY MORE.

Oh and when the Post says that subsequent Liberal governments supported this, how about those subsequent TORY governments. Because the Tories have been in power for over 50% of the time since Daddy Trudeau. And yup, the TORY governments supported this too.

I rest my case.
Well I’m glad you rested your case because you just lost your case congrats if you actually read the articles the actual labs do not have the physical capabilities to produce vaccines equipment doesn’t exist in Canada Also in the 30 year since Mulroney sold the labs the liberals have been power for 21 years your math is a little off 21 out of 30 years it’s not 50% conservatives it’s roughly what 85-90% liberals Also the labs have contracts to produce various vaccines for the world health organization vaccines That are needed and even if government owned you can’t just cancel the contract

Last edited:

mandrill

Aug 23, 2001
Well I’m glad you rested your case because you just lost your case congrats the actually read the articles the actual labs do not have the physical capabilities to produce vaccines equipment doesn’t exist in Canada
I don't lose. I win in 2 ways.

1. The reason that the labs don't have the equipment is because they are owned by multinationals and are equipped to deal with whatever contracts the parent companies obtain and nothing else. So there is no adaptive capacity. This is because Mulroney sold the labs in the 1980's to those multinationals.

2. If the labs do not have the equipment, how is it Justin's fault if they cannot suddenly produce the vaccine?

And this is my initial point, which you disagreed with. The delay in vaxxing Canadians is not the government's fault, it's because the large pharma companies which can suddenly research, develop and produce the vaccines are Moderna and Pfizer in the US and Astra Zenica in the UK. So THOSE countries get vaxxed first and every body else lines up second. That's not Trudeau's fault, any more than it's Macron's fault or Merkel's fault.

contact

Aug 1, 2012
I don't lose. I win in 2 ways.

1. The reason that the labs don't have the equipment is because they are owned by multinationals and are equipped to deal with whatever contracts the parent companies obtain and nothing else. So there is no adaptive capacity. This is because Mulroney sold the labs in the 1980's to those multinationals.

2. If the labs do not have the equipment, how is it Justin's fault if they cannot suddenly produce the vaccine?

And this is my initial point, which you disagreed with. The delay in vaxxing Canadians is not the government's fault, it's because the large pharma companies which can suddenly research, develop and produce the vaccines are Moderna and Pfizer in the US and Astra Zenica in the UK. So THOSE countries get vaxxed first and every body else lines up second. That's not Trudeau's fault, any more than it's Macron's fault or Merkel's fault.
Once again please read the articles Trudo senior in 68 made it so it’s not economically viable for the companies to stay in Canada that’s why they left And as far as converting the labs even if they were government owned they wouldn’t of had that equipment why would they? it’s rare and wasn’t needed until now so blaming the conservatives as the article state makes no sense

mandrill

Aug 23, 2001
Once again please read the articles Trudo senior in 68 made it so it’s not economically viable for the companies to stay in Canada that’s why they left And as far as converting the labs even if they were government owned they wouldn’t of had that equipment why would they? it’s rare and wasn’t needed until now so blaming the conservatives as the article state makes no sense
It may not be viable for the companies to stay in Canada, given Canada's low drug prices. But that's a political choice that was made in 1968 and re made every year by every government since then. I have buds who are insulin dependent who would pay vast amounts of $$$$ in the US.

Or perhaps substitute "financially attractive" for viable because everything health industry related makes WAY more $$$ in the US and normally we accept this because Canadians have a far more accessible and universal health care system. Once a century you get a blip like a pandemic and you question those choices. The other 98 or 99 years, those choices look pretty damn good.

But you can't blame Justin for those choices any more than you can blame Mulroney, Chretien or Harper. They all went along w Pierre's choice.

And if we still owned those labs, maybe they would have prepped up for a potential pandemic and they would have the equipment?

contact

Aug 1, 2012
It may not be viable for the companies to stay in Canada, given Canada's low drug prices. But that's a political choice that was made in 1968 and re made every year by every government since then. I have buds who are insulin dependent who would pay vast amounts of $$$$ in the US.

Or perhaps substitute "financially attractive" for viable because everything health industry related makes WAY more $$$ in the US and normally we accept this because Canadians have a far more accessible and universal health care system. Once a century you get a blip like a pandemic and you question those choices. The other 98 or 99 years, those choices look pretty damn good.

But you can't blame Justin for those choices any more than you can blame Mulroney, Chretien or Harper. They all went along w Pierre's choice.

And if we still owned those labs, maybe they would have prepped up for a potential pandemic and they would have the equipment?
I agree with a bunch of what you said I do not think the labs would’ve been geared up just like I said the equipment in the article id rare new and it’s only used for these new vaccines it’s highly unlikely they would’ve had it it Or even been able to obtain it in a timely matter

Reactions: mandrill

skypilot68

Mar 26, 2006

You head it on the head. Canada's low drug prices, big issue during the US primaries with Bernie Sanders giving hundreds of examples. It is because we have generic brand and manufacturer in low cost countries like India. That is a national choice, until something like a pandemic hit and you have no domestic capability. This is not Trudeau fault but a national policy, yes he is in power but it is a bit nationalism. You need to protect your own industries, and with that it will drive cost up. In the US today, after 4 years of Trump, not a fan, there is a lot less goods from China because of the tariff. Furniture and soft goods are being made in the US. Cost more but with the tariff becomes more competitive. I still have furniture that was made in Quebec. We lost that industry. Cheap goods or drugs may not be the best solution sometimes.

skypilot68

Mar 26, 2006

Trudeau government is funding two labs in Montreal and Vancouver to produced COVID vaccine, the numbers were about $100M but dont come on line till 22/23. Yes, we can slam him because the world by then will be flush with vaccines. But what about another pandemic in the future. The government contract must than be "made in Canada" only. Keep our industry alive, jobs in Canada, but will cost more.

Valcazar

Just a bundle of fucking sunshine
Mar 27, 2014
Therefore I defer to the authority on the subject and that's the producer. Why? Because they are the only ones who know their product in every detail. And they are the ones, who after examining all options, put "21 days" on the label.
And part of that decision was business concerns about speed of approval.

Stop drinking Notty you make an ass out of yourself. A study published post in the New England journal of medicine is bullshit?
It was a letter to NEJM, not an original research article.

If it takes time to build immunity, like you're saying and you think 4 months is going to give you better immunity, be my guest the reason the manufactures say 2 to 3 weeks its because we build immunity better.
Exactly, immunity builds over time. It's why the recommendation has always been it is much worse to get your booster shot earlier than later.

It has nothing to do with the drug, his about human reactions to the drug. The manufacturer has no reason to incentive to deviate from the tested and certified regime. Don't you get this?
Which is what the drug companies keep saying - they can only recommend the regime they tested.

the way they detailed one dose immunity if BULLSHIT. But then the study was not designed to investigate that. It does open the door to bullshit artists like you to claim it proves something it does not.
Which the authors of the study themselves are pushing back against. They probably regret including that line in the table now.

nottyboi

May 14, 2008
they are still here

Trudeau Blames Conservatives For Canada’s Vaccine Manufacturing Decline | HuffPost Canada Politics (huffingtonpost.ca)
In Canada, renewed attention has been drawn to the country’s biotech industry. There is manufacturing capacity in Canada, but the facilities and machines are designed to fulfill pre-existing contracts for vaccines for influenza, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases.
Unlike the process for producing influenza vaccines, which requires the use of eggs or cells to grow antigens, the process for COVID-19 is more complicated.
Because the vaccines for the novel coronavirus are messenger RNA vaccines, chemicals need to be catalyzed in a special tube or tank for their production — which is a technology that is limited in Canada, let alone the world.

Corbella: Vaccine problems are not Mulroney's fault, it's Trudeau's | Calgary Herald

Trudeau and his ministers have gone so far as to blame former Progressive Conservative prime minister Brian Mulroney — who was prime minister from 1984 to 1993 — for the privatization, or “the selling off“, of Connaught Laboratories. What he fails to mention is that Connaught Labs didn’t go anywhere. It’s now part of Sanofi Pasteur, the world’s largest manufacturer of vaccines. The Connaught Campus in Toronto accounts for one-fifth of the company’s global vaccine sales.
So guess what, the Govt has contracted Sanofi for 72m vaccines, but NONE of them will be made here...why? Probably the plant is not suitable for these types of vaccines.

contact

Aug 1, 2012
So guess what, the Govt has contracted Sanofi for 72m vaccines, but NONE of them will be made here...why? Probably the plant is not suitable for these types of vaccines.
what's you point? that's what I have said all along if you read through the posts above

the plants are there but they are not equipped to manufacture covid vaccine the equipment is rare new and only used for this new type of vaccine

nottyboi

May 14, 2008
what's you point? that's what I have said all along if you read through the posts above

the plants are there but they are not equipped to manufacture covid vaccine the equipment is rare new and only used for this new type of vaccine
You claimed that there was some sort of path to getting the vaccines faster. I am still waiting to hear what this was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto Escorts