The Porn Dude

Tennis Central

Insidious Von

My head is my home
Sep 12, 2007
40,810
7,958
113
Jannik Sinner will not take part in the Doha Open. He picked up an injury during the AO. That must be intimidating to other players, he played hurt yet still dropped only two sets. With his Aussie coach retiring, he has to replace him. The logical choice would be either Ivan Lendl (Murray retired) or Patrick Mouratoglou.

 

shack

Nitpicker Extraordinaire
Oct 2, 2001
53,953
11,801
113
Toronto
Jannik Sinner will not take part in the Doha Open. He picked up an injury during the AO. That must be intimidating to other players, he played hurt yet still dropped only two sets. With his Aussie coach retiring, he has to replace him. The logical choice would be either Ivan Lendl (Murray retired) or Patrick Mouratoglou.
I think that Denis Shapovolov's mom is available.
 

shack

Nitpicker Extraordinaire
Oct 2, 2001
53,953
11,801
113
Toronto
Why are we talking about meaningless tennis matches (and especially women's) when the real and huge story is happening off of the courts? There could be an actual revolt. I don't think that we've heard the last of this.

Tennis 2025: World number one Jannik Sinner accepts three-month ban for doping, Nick Kyrgios reaction, violation, WADA statement, details, ATP rankings
Nick Kyrgios says Grand Slam champions are calling Jannik Sinner’s ban ‘putrid’
The Australian is seemingly far from finished in his criticism of the decision to ban Sinner for only three months, with Kyrgios now writing on X: “So you were innocent and we were getting fed that you were innocent but now you are suspended from playing the sport?

“Make it make sense. I’ve got multiple players in my DM’s on how putrid this is, even Grand Slam champions. Cooked.”


Jannik Sinner doping ban: 'Sad day for tennis' that leaves 'sour taste' - BBC Sport

Some players have said "they don't believe in a clean sport any more", while others say Sinner is "taking responsibility for the mistakes of others".
The World Anti-Doping Agency initially sought a ban of up to two years but reached a settlement after accepting the Italian was inadvertently contaminated by a banned substance and "did not intend to cheat".
The world number one has not been on court since his Australian Open triumph last month and will now be banned until 4 May, returning in time to begin preparations for the year's second Grand Slam at the French Open.

'It leaves a pretty sour taste'
Current and former players have criticised the decision, with Switzerland's three-time Grand Slam champion Stan Wawrinka posting on X: "I don't believe in a clean sport any more..."
Tennis pundit and former British number one Andrew Castle told BBC Sport: "Any talk of settlement or agreement when it comes to drug bans or suspensions makes people feel very uncomfortable.
"There's a huge reputational risk for the man who is world number one but also for tennis as well.
"But you can't say that these sorts of cases should be black and white."
Former British number one Tim Henman told Sky Sports: "When I read the statement this morning it just seems a little bit too convenient.
"Obviously having just won the Australian Open, to miss three months of the Tour and therefore to be eligible to play at Roland Garros, the timing couldn't have been any better for Sinner, but I still think it leaves a pretty sour taste for the sport."
Former Wimbledon finalist Nick Kyrgios, who previously said Sinner and Iga Swiatek's doping cases were "disgusting'" for the sport, wrote: "Obviously Sinner's team have done everything in their power to just go ahead and take a three-month ban, no titles lost, no prize money lost.
"Sad day for tennis. Fairness in tennis does not exist."
British player Liam Broady posted: "Didn't realise you could reach a settlement regarding a doping ban… Interesting. Back in time for French Open I guess?"


Yevgeny Kafelnikov has very radical advice for players after Jannik Sinner doping ban
Kafelnikov says players should boycott matches against Sinner.
Kafelnikov: Every time I would draw Sinner, I wouldn't take to the court
"After (the) latest developments, I would do (the) following (assuming I was still playing). Every time I draw Sinner in the tournament, i do not go on court, doesn’t matter if first round or final. But I’m afraid not one will do (the) same," the former world No. 1 wrote on X.


She is a former World No. 1, was banned for doping and slammed the ITIA for ‘destroying her’ - Bolavip US
Simona Halep was banned for doping.

In October 2022, Simona Halep tested positive for the banned substance roxadustat at the US Open, leading to a four-year suspension. The International Tennis Integrity Authority cited inconsistencies in her biological passport and sought to disqualify her results from March to October 2022. Halep denied wrongdoing and appealed the ban, receiving support from the Professional Tennis Players Association.

I used to cheer for her until she got a breast reduction.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mitchell76

bemeup

Well-known member
Nov 12, 2010
2,171
3,211
113
Victoria Mboko continues her incredible run on the Challenger circuit. She has won all 4 tournaments she’s entered this year. Her match record is 20-0. Guess how many sets she has dropped along the way? Zero. 40-0 in sets. Yes, this is not against the top competition, but bear in mind that she is only 18. She will be moving up in the rankings and possibly gaining entry to the higher echelon tournaments on the WTA, so we will soon find out if she is Canada’s next great player.
 
Toronto Escorts