CyclePath Gets put it his place

GameBoy27

Well-known member
Nov 23, 2004
13,042
3,099
113
This is the best comment. "Not sickening cyclist started it and was very confrontational."

I both cycle and drive a car. I've lost count of the number of times I've prevented taking out a stupid cyclist not paying attention, running stop signs, red lights and riding without lights at night etc. All of those dumbasses are lucky I pay attention when I drive. Maybe it's because I also drive that I rarely have a problem with motorists when I cycle. At least I obey the rules of the road, more than I can say for most cyclists in this city.
 

dirkd101

Well-known member
Sep 29, 2005
10,789
1,550
113
eastern frontier
Too many cyclists think they are above the HTA here and that it is solely the responsibility of the the motorized users of the roadways, to watch out for them and whatever they do. IMO they think because they are using a green mode of transportation that they own the roadways.
 

groggy

Banned
Mar 21, 2011
15,252
1
0
Little girl found out who really owns the roads. Noticed the little girl got back on her bike and road home to mummy! Real tough loud mouthed girlie man!
Great, another asshat in a car who doesn't understand that he can kill people by being aggressive.
I drive and bike, there are assholes and idiots on both, but only the ones in cars consistently kill people.
Was this you?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cyclist-and-driver-square-off-in-vancouver-streets-1.2513339
 

grooverider

Always with my Member
Aug 23, 2001
627
12
18
Always in the Groove...
Great, another asshat in a car who doesn't understand that he can kill people by being aggressive.
I drive and bike, there are assholes and idiots on both, but only the ones in cars consistently kill people.
Was this you?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cyclist-and-driver-square-off-in-vancouver-streets-1.2513339
Wrong, sometimes the asshole who kills someone is the cyclist. This idiot cared more about his helmet than the person he killed and got zero jail time.

http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2013/07/23/san-francisco-cyclist-pedestrian-death/
 

Flapjack

Banned
Aug 24, 2012
295
0
0
Great, another asshat in a car who doesn't understand that he can kill people by being aggressive.
I drive and bike, there are assholes and idiots on both, but only the ones in cars consistently kill people.
Was this you?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cyclist-and-driver-square-off-in-vancouver-streets-1.2513339
Killed? The little girl tough guy was nowhere near the car! The little girl tough thug thought he could intimidate the driver like a tough little girl biker! Guess what asshat? He got punched in the face and ran away! Loved it!!! Tough little girl bikers beware!!

This is not about bikers, it's about little girl tough guys with huge mouths and no spines!

Are you one of these?
 

Aardvark154

New member
Jan 19, 2006
53,709
3
0
Reading the article it would seem that the the driver of the Audi initiated the incident by pulling into a bicycles only area. The cyclist then remonstrated with him. The cyclist then engaged in a bit of road rage by chasing after the car and starting in again at the next traffic light. However, it is the man from the car who leaped out and assaulted the bicyclist who is going to be charged.
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,880
197
63
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,880
197
63
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
Wrong, sometimes the asshole who kills someone is the cyclist. This idiot cared more about his helmet than the person he killed and got zero jail time.

http://blogs.kqed.org/newsfix/2013/07/23/san-francisco-cyclist-pedestrian-death/
What's profoundly maddening about this incident is the reason the cyclist was going so fast in an urban area - he was riding a strava segment (if you don't know, google strava) and was going for a good time - farking lack of perspective - like the Audi asshole who couldn't wait 15 seconds.
 

Flapjack

Banned
Aug 24, 2012
295
0
0
like the Audi asshole who couldn't wait 15 seconds.
I agree with you..the driver should have stayed out of the bike lane, and should have stayed clear of the bikes...but, the cyclist went looking for a confrontation, and found it, loud and clear!!!
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,880
197
63
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
I agree with you..the driver should have stayed out of the bike lane, and should have stayed clear of the bikes...but, the cyclist went looking for a confrontation, and found it, loud and clear!!!
First I'll say that I cycle for exercise and fun, not transpiration - I take a big ass SUV for that. Second is 99.9% of the motorists I encounter are extremely generous with me on the road, they give me an entire lane if they can and rarely come anywhere near me.

That said, I always think when I see a motorist getting angry having wait on a cyclist - you're siting in a farking leather recliner adjusting the angle of your right foot while your ass is getting wider - relax for fuck sakes.....

OTB
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,880
197
63
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
This is a particularly nasty incident..... could have gotten out of hand.

 

Flapjack

Banned
Aug 24, 2012
295
0
0
First I'll say that I cycle for exercise and fun, not transpiration - I take a big ass SUV for that. Second is 99.9% of the motorists I encounter are extremely generous with me on the road, they give me an entire lane if they can and rarely come anywhere near me.

That said, I always think when I see a motorist getting angry having wait on a cyclist - you're siting in a farking leather recliner adjusting the angle of your right foot while your ass is getting wider - relax for fuck sakes.....

OTB
I agree again. And I say again, the cyclist went looking for trouble where there was no reason to.
He could have just let the guy in the car leave, but he had to be a big mouth and he got exactly what he went looking for! He could have let it go! Farking coward! He wanted confrontation he got it, square on the chin!
Well done driver!!
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,880
197
63
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
I agree again. And I say again, the cyclist went looking for trouble where there was no reason to.
He could have just let the guy in the car leave, but he had to be a big mouth and he got exactly what he went looking for! He could have let it go! Farking coward! He wanted confrontation he got it, square on the chin!
Well done driver!!
Driver was also a dick, encroached on the bike zone, dangerously zoomed past the cyclists and then was such an ass he actually struck someone. He should be charged with assault.

OTB
 

MRBJX

Well-known member
Jul 14, 2013
1,293
225
63
Reading the article it would seem that the the driver of the Audi initiated the incident by pulling into a bicycles only area. The cyclist then remonstrated with him. The cyclist then engaged in a bit of road rage by chasing after the car and starting in again at the next traffic light. However, it is the man from the car who leaped out and assaulted the bicyclist who is going to be charged.
Pulling into the area initiated nothing other than being in the area. The cyclist choosing to be a dickwad and losing control of himself chased down the car and further intimidated the driver, who now feeling threatened decided to defend himself. Good for him.
 

Flapjack

Banned
Aug 24, 2012
295
0
0
Pulling into the area initiated nothing other than being in the area. The cyclist choosing to be a dickwad and losing control of himself chased down the car and further intimidated the driver, who now feeling threatened decided to defend himself. Good for him.

This^^^^^^
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts