Steeles Royal

A Question for the membership

Should comments, questions and reviews of non supporting Agencies and Spas be allowed

• Comments, Questions and reviews should be of the community supporters only

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Any Agency or Spa, after all, it is a review board.

Votes: 126 96.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samranchoi

Asian Picasso
Jan 11, 2014
The Asian MP's and for that matter, any Asians in the sex industry are well known to have next to zero ethics on any level. I simply refuse to patronize any of them. Having said that, I think there is no greater purpose for TERB than to allow reviews of them. So many are full of bait and switch old ladies. Yet, <sigh> so many guys go and see them... report back that they were bait and switch, yet stayed anyways! lol!
The B and S issue happens with all agencies, whether Asian or not. The issue at hand is not so much with SP agencies on this board as many of the Asian agencies are paid advertisers. The bigger issue is with the MP section and the Asian MP's that have many reviews posted but very few, if any are paid advertisers. It is well known that many review posters and those who post comments receive "benefits" from the MP's. So while B and S happens, those who receive "incentives" from the MP's overwhelm all other comments and reviews. Personally I have gone to some of the Asian MP's and find them a waste of money compared to what I receive from SP agencies.

essguy_

Nov 1, 2001
i would argue that the clientele for an Asian MP (low price, low overhead, high volume) is very different from the clientele for a higher end spa (who may advertise here). So I would question whether it's realistic or even desirable to try to capture that business? I think the advertisers are worrying about a non-existent problem.

SchlongConery

License to Shill
Jan 28, 2013
The B and S issue happens with all agencies, whether Asian or not.
It doesn't happen with Mirage, It doesn't happen with HPL nor Hush, nor Minx.

Asian Bait and Switch is assumed. And for good reason. As I said, having done legitimate business in China under specific performance and specifications contracts, suffice to say that their sense of ethics is completely different than ours. if you understand it, you have a chance of coming out of the deal ok. The Chinese sex business is no different.

The issue at hand is not so much with SP agencies on this board as many of the Asian agencies are paid advertisers. The bigger issue is with the MP section and the Asian MP's that have many reviews posted but very few, if any are paid advertisers. It is well known that many review posters and those who post comments receive "benefits" from the MP's. So while B and S happens, those who receive "incentives" from the MP's overwhelm all other comments and reviews. Personally I have gone to some of the Asian MP's and find them a waste of money compared to what I receive from SP agencies.
Fine, if they are that obvious, then remove the shill reviews and ban the member. There is no "right" to post reviews and no "right" to be a member.

This will be easier to moderate and police than removing all non-advertiser reviews.

Samranchoi

Asian Picasso
Jan 11, 2014
Maybe a separate section should be added for Asian MP's so that the the "so called" higher end MP's can have a section of their own. the current MP review section inundated with reviews from non advertisers. This way members can go ta MP section and not have to wade through all of the agencies they would never visit. I know this may be a crazy solution but at least this will make it easier for members.

I still think these so called "lower tier" Asian MP's have to advertise to have their reviews posted. And maybe offer these current non advertisers a lower rate to advertise for a certain period of time. If you want to play, you have to pay. That only makes sense to those who are currently paying.

There was a recent change separating SP agencies and Indies into separate sections. Can't see why this cannot be done for MP's.

SchlongConery

License to Shill
Jan 28, 2013
Maybe a separate section should be added for Asian MP's so that the the "so called" higher end MP's can have a section of their own. the current MP review section inundated with reviews from non advertisers. This way members can go ta MP section and not have to wade through all of the agencies they would never visit. I know this may be a crazy solution but at least this will make it easier for members.

I still think these so called "lower tier" Asian MP's have to advertise to have their reviews posted. And maybe offer these current non advertisers a lower rate to advertise for a certain period of time. If you want to play, you have to pay. That only makes sense to those who are currently paying.

There was a recent change separating SP agencies and Indies into separate sections. Can't see why this cannot be done for MP's.

By your own admission, these shill reviews of Asian MP's by paid shills are obvious. So they are self-evident. SRM , Flirt, Premier and the other legit spas don't lose a single client to some Scarborough AMP with 55 year old "new arrival student flight attendants"! I'd think those spas would be happy to spare their MPA's from the clients who would even consider letting some old chinese bbfs cum dumpster near their dick.

LT56

Banned
Feb 16, 2013
Doesn't seem like a problem worth making a change that would cloud the perception of impartiality of the board. Reviews can be good or bad which is the same for non-advertisers. So it's not necessarily "free publicity".
+1

This makes sense to me.

shack

Nitpicker Extraordinaire
Oct 2, 2001
Toronto
It's your guys board and you have the right to decide the direction it goes in. If you feel the purpose of the board is for customers to share information and advertisers are a vehicle to support that purpose then reviews of any provider should be allowed. If you think the purpose of the board is a business then it makes sense to keep the paying advertisers happy.

Of course if it's the second then you might want to consider if the traffic that drives revenue will be affected by people unhappy with your decision. I have no idea how a change might impact traffic but it's worth considering.
You hit the nail on the head.

My impression is that the board was initially created to benefit hobbyists. The advertisers then piggybacked on as they saw that there were a large number of hobbyists here and it was worth their while to spend money so that their names would be seen and remembered. But now they are changing the dynamic of the board so that the benefit is now skewed to the advertisers, not the hobbyists.

As basketcase mentioned, the owners are entitled to make their own decisions.

explorerzip

Jul 27, 2006
Maybe you should setup a paywall of sorts for non-community members. For example, non-community members can only post 1 free ad a month, limit the ad to text only, ads have a max character limit, etc. That might push them to become full community members.

FreemanMcMillan

Mar 23, 2014
"Should comments, questions and reviews of non supporting Agencies and Spas be allowed?" Absolutely they should be.
I think that by even asking this question, you've forgotten what this board is for. It's a REVIEW board. The reviews come from users. It's the choice of the users who they review.

bigshot

Aug 16, 2003
TERB represents the world of fair comment on the Toronto paid sex industry. And the industry includes both those who advertise on TERB and those who don't. If it only represents those who advertise, I would have less respect for the board and probably move elsewhere.
What he said! I should also point out that the paid advertisers benefit from any post that identifies B&S operators and all those low brow asian MPs that need to be called out. These are the very same operators who do not pay to advertise here.

Any reviews of poor (and unpaid) operators actually helps the paid advertisers, as our members are driven to their door. As I see it, the legit agencies and spas, of which there are many to choose from, have a great benefit given that they will stand out from the pack. Any attempt to limit who can be reviewed will not help the paid advertisers and defeats the purpose of this board...

Ms.FemmeFatale

Behind the camera
Jun 18, 2011
www.msfemmefatale.com
Here is what workers know.

Reviews on TERB lead to clients in the door. Even some negative reviews can lead clients to the door. It is cheaper to offer a couple of guys a discount on reviews then it would be to advertise continually on TERB.

I don't see many agencies other then the all the Asians ones, taking advantage of the free advertising from shill reviews (which are hard to call a shill because they client did actually go, they fail to review the discounted price they got). I do see a few in the massage section that do it.

I understand Muse being pissed because that would affect them. Why they don't advertise here anymore is beyond me. They do on other review sites but they get tons of reviews here and free advertising from it. That is just fact. If it is not, then no reviews of MUSE on TERB, won't affect the bottom line for them. Look at Blue Loogon. They never advertise here, don't get reviewed rarely either and they are doing fine. I am not saying that MUSE does what other advertising leeches do but leeching has become a bigger problem now then say 10 years ago.

I get it from the advertisers point of view, I get it from the boards point of view as well. For the clients, I don't get the bitching. Those who want Asian reviews - go to the Asian boards. You will find all the reviews you want. Personally - with the high rate of trafficking, I feel better without all the reviews of them. Both agencies and spa. Warnings for BP girls are still available which is where most warnings come from. Maybe a client, an actual reviewing client because lets be real - there are quite a few non reviewers bitching in this thread - can make a list of non advertising agencies/spas that would be cut from here where it would be more helpful to them if reviews for said company where allowed to stay. After the list is made, see how many are Asians places that won't pay to be here, how many places don't pay here but pay else where and more importantly - see how much or in my opinion - how little this will affect your hobbling.

Someone said it best - it is not your right to post and it is not your right to be a member here. It is free for you guys and you should be happy that there is a place like TERB. I think supporting the community that is TERB as a whole, far out-weighs a persons individual selfishness. MERB is not the only board that does this either. The disgusting board that I don't think anyone should be on, Lyla's is generally exclusive. You will find many who refuse to advertise here because they advertise in those places, so let them get reviews in their community and let guys check multiple sites.

Now if the guys want to start paying a membership fee - then I see the point to bitching but so long as this board stays free for men, then paying advertisers have the right to protect their brand and ensure exclusive advertising instead of paying, competing, often offering better environment, staff, administrative stuff like site and pics just to see some cheap assembly line non advertiser get free business

Fred Zed

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
UP ABOVE SMILING
www.terb.cc
Here is what workers know.

Reviews on TERB lead to clients in the door. Even some negative reviews can lead clients to the door. It is cheaper to offer a couple of guys a discount on reviews then it would be to advertise continually on TERB.

I don't see many agencies other then the all the Asians ones, taking advantage of the free advertising from shill reviews (which are hard to call a shill because they client did actually go, they fail to review the discounted price they got). I do see a few in the massage section that do it.

I understand Muse being pissed because that would affect them. Why they don't advertise here anymore is beyond me. They do on other review sites but they get tons of reviews here and free advertising from it. That is just fact. If it is not, then no reviews of MUSE on TERB, won't affect the bottom line for them. Look at Blue Loogon. They never advertise here, don't get reviewed rarely either and they are doing fine. I am not saying that MUSE does what other advertising leeches do but leeching has become a bigger problem now then say 10 years ago.

I get it from the advertisers point of view, I get it from the boards point of view as well. For the clients, I don't get the bitching. Those who want Asian reviews - go to the Asian boards. You will find all the reviews you want. Personally - with the high rate of trafficking, I feel better without all the reviews of them. Both agencies and spa. Warnings for BP girls are still available which is where most warnings come from. Maybe a client, an actual reviewing client because lets be real - there are quite a few non reviewers bitching in this thread - can make a list of non advertising agencies/spas that would be cut from here where it would be more helpful to them if reviews for said company where allowed to stay. After the list is made, see how many are Asians places that won't pay to be here, how many places don't pay here but pay else where and more importantly - see how much or in my opinion - how little this will affect your hobbling.

Someone said it best - it is not your right to post and it is not your right to be a member here. It is free for you guys and you should be happy that there is a place like TERB. I think supporting the community that is TERB as a whole, far out-weighs a persons individual selfishness. MERB is not the only board that does this either. The disgusting board that I don't think anyone should be on, Lyla's is generally exclusive. You will find many who refuse to advertise here because they advertise in those places, so let them get reviews in their community and let guys check multiple sites.

Now if the guys want to start paying a membership fee - then I see the point to bitching but so long as this board stays free for men, then paying advertisers have the right to protect their brand and ensure exclusive advertising instead of paying, competing, often offering better environment, staff, administrative stuff like site and pics just to see some cheap assembly line non advertiser get free business
Blue Lagoon is a supporting member of this board

Ms.FemmeFatale

Behind the camera
Jun 18, 2011
www.msfemmefatale.com
@FemmeFatale,
The idea that this board was created for reviews of all providers of the sex industry, for all Punters to share their experiences and knowledge, is being dismissed by some. Perception that Reviews are "free advertising" is incorrect as reviews are the very reason why this board was originally created. Some advertisers see a benefit in advertising here by making themselves visible and informing Punters who is and who is not available so why should only Spas and Agencies that advertise here be permitted to be reviewed and discussed here.

These new rules can be perceived as Monopolozing. Monopolozing in all other industries has consistently proven to a lack of options, keeping competition at bay and increased rates.
With all due respect, advertisers do keep Terb operating but where does this money of theirs come from...Punters. Therefor, in true reality, it is Punters (Terb's Punters in this case) that keep Terb operating.
This board was created so punter didn't have to continue to message through a news group back in 2000 ish

In 17 years TERB has evolved and has also changed the industry in some ways. Mainly positive ways. To think this board is ONLY for reviews is complete naive and to think that punters are solely responsible for keeping this board going is also naive and slightly arrogant. Guys see girls all the time regardless of boards. Look at how many see some BP who has already had negative reviews???? But coming from your side - I get your opinion. You are a client.

What you don't get is that advertising leeching is a huge deal. Reviews are free advertising. Look at how many people have found a hidden gem, reviewed her and her phone blew up???? To the point that she then raises her rates and guys bitch some more. It was known back in the early 2000s that a good review on TERB meant clients at the door. Nothing has changed. You may not see it because you are not on that side but I see it. Have seen it. Have heard it.

Doing pics and sites, I have always told people to pay for the advertising. Do you want to guess how many said - "oh - if things are slow I will get a regular to write a review".

Advertisers pay to here and should be granted protections from others stealing said advertising for free.

I honestly would as far as saying anyone non advertising Indy - can't go comment in their old reviews, or "thank" for mentions in ISO threads.

I know you don't support it and that is fine. I don't see any of you going anywhere though. And I can bet anyone a good chunk of cash that reviews will not stop with this rule put in place.

You know what I don't hear though???? Why are no clients questioning why places like MUSE who are successful and make enough to pay the advertising - why they don't pay for advertising? If they don't get clients from this board why does it matter if they are allowed reviews here or not?

massman

Sep 8, 2001
I believe that reviews of non advertisers bring more traffic, which is good for advertisers and terb members alike. I voted keep as is.

MuffDiver

No patience
Oct 12, 2001
St. Catharines
I would not waste my time on solving any 1% problem, perceived or real, unless it involved the top 1% of my customers and threatened that revenue and only the board owner(s) really know that answer. Without that information, I would not try to fix what is likely not broken.

Ms.FemmeFatale

Behind the camera
Jun 18, 2011
www.msfemmefatale.com
@Ms.FemmeFatale.
Your argument, like mine does for Punters, only explains what you see from your side, I do understand what you are saying. For contributing members it is an issue for most that non-contributors (and all of the public outside of Toronto section of Terb) leech off other's reviews. Both sides have issues with Leechers, whether from the advertisers' perspective or the contributing members' perspective but contributing members are not trying to ban non-contributors, although I'm sure some would like to.

You were not here for the 5 post rule. Lol.

One thing I will say for TERB, they try to keep it fair and they try new things. When they don't work (like the 5 post rule) they drop it. That may or may not happen here but you have to respect someone who wants to ensure their customers are happy in a fair way. Which advertisers are TERBs clients. Not you guys. I don't see the problem with at least trying it since it works well on other boards. Maybe see first and then judge the success or failure instead of denouncing it completely based on solely your needs and not on the needs of the whole community?

Having said all that - I will add that I am not one of the three who voted for this option. I just understand the reasons for it.

Ms.FemmeFatale

Behind the camera
Jun 18, 2011
www.msfemmefatale.com
I, as you did my remark, find this portion slightly arrogant. Again, with all due respect, I agree advertisers are Terb's clients but Punters are Provider's clients. This entire industry has continued to exist for thousands of years because currency/valuables are brought into it from Punters.

This is a chicken and egg debate. Without women willing to spread their legs for cash, you guys wouldn't be here either. So which is more arrogant - thinking the whole industry revolves around your money or to think that TERBs clients are the ladies?

Are you also of the belief that because your tax dollars pay for gear to income housing that you somehow now have multiple properties across Ontario???? See how that doesn't make sense? Neither does the idea that the sex industry revolves around men. Or even women. It is a joint venture as it should be. So in reality and in all things equal - you should pay to be here. Women already pay for incalls, condoms, hopefully towels and supplies many guys need even if they don't use.

Please don't be one of those guys who thinks you are somehow more entitled then the advertisers here. It is an unattractive quality in any person.

Toronto Escorts