NFL betting lines -spreads /teasers/over unders

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Holy Fark!

TCUs coach is a moron .....they were leading 17-3 in half time.....a couple of circus catches later......with 1 minute to go, TCU with the ball, first down at around the 30....tied! at 17 -what do you NOT DO?

What you should do is -advanvce the ball a yard or two, center it on the field with running plays and let the kicker win the whole thing.

What you shouldnt do....is pass the ball into the end zone on a post....and then get it picked. The only way it could have been worse is if you run a 5 yard slant then get it picked and taken to the house.

And on top of all that the farking head coach blames the offensive coordiantor and he said that he didnt handle that side of the game.....WHAT!

Then they lost on a bar knocking field goal in OT. Farkin' Assholes.

Oh well, onward and forward.

Screw it -I'm playing the 10 picks left again. Dammit. :mad:

Air Force didn't win this game -the worse play calling of all time by TCU gave Air Force this game.

Last edited:

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Never bet angry

That should be a lesson for me -TCU never made one right call in the last seven minutes and now Auburn let me down.

Well that's that for this weekend college picks -2 wrong so far and I'm out.

There's always tomorrow though.

Young_City

Resident Scumbag.
Feb 1, 2007
healer677 said:
Holy Fark!

TCUs coach is a moron .....they were leading 17-3 in half time.....a couple of circus catches later......with 1 minute to go, TCU with the ball, first down at around the 30....tied! at 17 -what do you NOT DO?

What you should do is -advanvce the ball a yard or two, center it on the field with running plays and let the kicker win the whole thing.

What you shouldnt do....is pass the ball into the end zone on a post....and then get it picked. The only way it could have been worse is if you run a 5 yard slant then get it picked and taken to the house.

And on top of all that the farking head coach blames the offensive coordiantor and he said that he didnt handle that side of the game.....WHAT!

Then they lost on a bar knocking field goal in OT. Farkin' Assholes.

Oh well, onward and forward.

Screw it -I'm playing the 10 picks left again. Dammit. :mad:

Air Force didn't win this game -the worse play calling of all time by TCU gave Air Force this game.
Very true, TCU's coach made a terrible call.

I'm loving Cincinnati minus the points for tomorrow. It may be my only play of the day but I'm also leaning towards Indianapolis but the fact that over 69% of the betting public has money on Indianapolis kinda scares me.

So far I've put the majority of my roll on Cincinnati for tomorrow.

I'm also going to make a parlay with the following teams, all money lines:
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Chicago
Denver

If this parlay hits I'll put it all on the New England money line for Sunday night.

Young_City

Resident Scumbag.
Feb 1, 2007
bbking said:
...I feel for ya bro. It looks like Cinncy has no defense to go with that good offense. 51 points by Cleveland - hell let Notre Dame play the Bengals, maybe even the Irish could score a touchdown.

bbk
LOL, wow is all I can say. But then again I was asking for it with Cincinnati. I rarely don't play again teams that have over 60% of the public public on them but I just had to take a shot with Cinncy. Thankfully, I made my loss back with New England covering tonight.

homonger

I'm not really back
Oct 27, 2001
Meh. A barely better than kissing your sister 3-2 this weekend.

Winners:

NE just crushed SD last night, playing nearly a flawless first half. SD was virtually an ATS lock last year, but they have not looked good this season so far.

TB crushed NO at home. NO did not look good against Indy week 1, nor did TB against Seattle. Given the up and down nature of the NFL, I have a feeling NO will be hard pressed to match last season's success. This was sort of a lucky pick though.

Minnesota just barely covered vs. Detroit. Let's face it, the Vikings suck, but I just can't accept the Lions being favored over anyone. I had the Vikings winning this one outright, but I'll take the ATS win.

Losers:

I kind of felt the same way about Dallas as I felt about NO. How good are they really? They crushed the Giants week 1, but as we know now, the Giants are in for a very long season because their defense can't stop anyone. The 'Phins played a tough game vs. Washington week 1, so I thought they'd give the 'Boys a game, because they were at home and Dallas might be suffering a letdown after their big win and it being a short week for them. I was right for about 37 minutes. Unfortunately, they play 60 minutes, and Dallas crushed Miami for the remainder of the game. In retrospect, a horrible pick.

And, then there is Denver, my so-called best bet for the week. They nearly lost this game, and the fact they were able to squeak by is more than a testament to Oakland's suckiness than anything else.

Young_City

Resident Scumbag.
Feb 1, 2007
homonger said:
Meh. A barely better than kissing your sister 3-2 this weekend.
LOL!!!!! Bro you just made my day.

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Crap! 18-23-1

Went 7-3-1 for week 2. I ended up with a push on the Denver game,but the Bungels, the 'Aints and Carolina really let me down. So now we're at 18 for 23 with 1 tie (push).
Well, no money for week 2 moving on along to week 3 then. I'm done with NCAAF for this year. It takes too much time to have to look these up then have boneheaded coaches make stupid calls screw up the lines.lol.

"a testament to Oakland's suckiness" -that's a good one. No truer words were ever penned.

Next week's best bet (at quick glance) NE over Buffalo (really?), Pit over SF, Indy at Houston, Carolina over Atlanta and TB over StL.

homonger

I'm not really back
Oct 27, 2001
Too early to make my picks just yet, but I'm seeing some interesting early spreads... Pittsburgh -8.5 vs. SF? I think they cover easily. NE -16 vs. Buffalo? I think they cover too, although I don't know if I want to touch that one. That's a lot of points.

This is starting off as a topsy turvy year... Detroit is 2-0! So is Houston and San Francisco! It's still early, but there are 8 teams that are 2-0 ATS, and they include Houston, Tennessee, and Arizona!

Looking at the early lines, I like Tennessee, Pittsburgh, TB, maybe Green Bay, and maybe NE.

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Week 3 looks tough...but not impossible

After a disasterous week 2 I've narrowed it down to 7 picks for week 3. Five of them I am calling the Best Bets. I haven't finished crunching the numbers yet (too busy at my real job) but here's a quick summary of my thoughts.....

Baltimore at home vs Arizona - Arizona will have to run multi reciever sets to open up the pass for the run. But Baltimore's D is too good for that and may even attack with an aggresive pass rush on a young Arizona O-Line. Arizona has to blitz McNair and see if he can limp around on that bad groin. McGahee and McNair have historically torched the Cards. Baltimore is 41-14 at home since 2000, they're on a 6 game home win streak, 11 of 13 recently. IF Ogden plays that'll ensure the streak stays alive. Take Baltimore on a moneyline. Let me check the spreads later.

Indy at Houston -Indy is aiming for 3-0 for the 4th time in 5 years. Under Dungy they're 16-2 in September and 9-0 vs division opponents. Indy has an overall record of 9-1 vs Texans BUT the 1 win the Texans got was on Week 16 last year . Dungy is 9-1 vs the Texans. Johnsons injury will increase the pressure on Green and the Colts will tighten up defensively. They looked beatable last week -they need to thump someone.

NE at home vs the Bills - NE will beat the Bills like a red-headed step child. As if they needed more motivation...this whole controversy with Belichek will bring this team together and give them a goal -and that'll be to, not just beat; but to beat down their opponents -ask the Chargers. Buf gave up 265 yds on the ground to 2 rbs in 2 weeks. Bills are 0-7 vs Pats since 03 and 0-6 in Foxborough since 2000. Take NE minus a double digit spread and money line.

K Douglas

Half Man Half Amazing
Jan 5, 2005
Room 112
I definitely like Houston and the points against Indy this weekend.
I'm a Packer fan but I'll take SD to cover the spread, they are smarting after last weeks thumping. LT will break out huge.
Carolina will cover in Atlanta this weekend. Atlanta's passing offense is horrible and the Panthers are good against the rush but weak on the pass.

homonger

I'm not really back
Oct 27, 2001
7-3 ats so far, so I'm going with another slightly odd mix of games.

Best bet: Tenn +4.5 vs. NO - Again, what kind of team is New Orleans? They sort of snuck up on everyone last year, but so far this year, they've been beaten like a drum by Indy and TB. You could argue they're due for a good game, but I like what Fisher is doing with Tennessee. I think they could be a playoff contender.

PITT -9.5 vs. Sf - Battle of two unbeatens, although you could say neither team has beaten anyone good. Pittsburgh has thrashed two straight opponents, Big Ben is looking good, it feels like 2005 again. I think I'm gonna have to call this one a best bet too.

GB +4.5 vs. Sd - No, I am not jumping on any sort of Packer bandwagon. This one could backfire too, because you gotta believe the Chargers are really gonna be pissed off after getting smacked around by the Pats. But I like resurgent GB at home with the points.

TB -3.5 vs. Stl - The Rams are bad, and I like how Garcia is playing down in Tampa.

HOU +6.5 vs. Indy - Yet another one that could backfire. I can't believe I'm betting against the Colts, but I feel this one too.

The no-touches for me this week are NYJ/Mia, OAK/Cle, and DEN/Jax.

Smash

Apr 20, 2005
T Dot
Det over Philly this week for the upset...:D
Or at least cover -4.5

If Mcnabb loses at home again I don't think he'll make it out of the stadium. That Eagles crowd is nuts.

I'm also taking Dallas to beat Chic -3 but who knows what will happen.

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
continuing with the best bets -

TB over StL -StL couldn't stop a good case of diarrhea -they have no O-line. Bucs are 10-0 when Cadillac carries for 20 or more- look for a good fantasy total for him running against this D.

Carolina over Atlanta.

Pittsburgh all day over SF - I called for SF to be my darkhorse but this is not a game they will win.

SD over GB - I'll go the other way with this one homonger -Lambeau just isn't the same place as it used to be. I still think SD is learning the new coachs' scheme -this might be their week. LT is only averaging 1.8 yds per carry -thats gonna change.

Extras -
I agree John -Detroit has good value, so does Minnesota and Denver but those picks are on the outside looking in.

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
After Week 3- 26 wins out of 32 calls - 81% accuracy and in the money

Indy has not impressed me this year. In two consecutive weeks they looked beatable. I had them as moneyline winner but listened to homonger and stayed away from the spread -that's a good thing. They didn't cover the 6.5.

But on the same note -NE 16.5 was a joke. NE will continue to thump people -trust me. Since they're cheaters and all.lol.

I had money line bets for my 7 picks BLT, Indy, NE, TB, Car, and Pitt and took point spread bets for the Steelers and the Pats.

SD was a huge disappointment for me -LT looks like shit and it doesn't look like they're picking up on the new coachs' philosophy.

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Week 4 cancers and byes

Thankfully some of my cancer teams are on a bye week -notably Tennesse and New Orleans. Washington and Jacksonville are off as well.

Looking at he schedule and right off the bat there are 3 matchups that really are no touches for me -starting with....

Oakland 1-2 at Miami 0-3 - I hate betting against 0 and something teams. Because it may be the week the sun shines on the dogs ass (except for Buffalo but more on that later)- Miami lost a close on at home against the Jets 31-28 and as bad as they are, can they lose back to back home games? Probably, but why take the chance on two bad teams. Oakland beat the Browns at home and held them to a mere 24 points. Which tells me Cincinnati's D is seriously suspect (more on that later) against the Pats upcoming.

Seattle 2-1 at SF 2-1 - Seattle had a big win vs the newly resurgent Bungels 24-21. Seattle was sloppy -Hasselbeck was giving the ball away and they had a couple of turnovers. But the Bungels were worse. SF proved (though they were my darkhorse playoff pick)that they're not ready for the big time vs the Steelers. They gave up 20 points in the 4th for a 37-16 loss. Smith was average at 17/35 209yds 6 ypc 1 td and 1 int. SF managed only 91 yds on the ground. SF should get the edge being at home but this game for me, has no value whatsoever.

Last but not the least

TB 2-1 at Carolina 2-1 -TB was an easy call vs the Rams -24-3. Garcia managed the game as he always does 14/22 151yds 7ypc. They rushed for 182 yds and 3 tds -kept the potent Rams offense off the field and blitzed their depleated O-line as much as possible. They won't or can't get away with that with Carolina. Carolina had a big road win vs the floundering Falcons 27-20 but they gave up 442 yds to the Falcons, 351 of it passing (thats fucking embarassing). The only reason they won was because the Falcons are undisciplned and sloppy with the ball.

So for week 4, these three matchups are off the books for me.

I considered the Bears for this list after that ball washing they took from Dallas but I reserve my position on them under one consideration. If they start Griese I will bet on them. But if that piece of driftwood Grossman starts I might have to put the Chicago / Detroit game on this list as well. Giese starts I take daBears -he might not win you games but God knows he won't lose them for his team either. Grossmans passer rating was 27.5 at one point. Griese like Garcia has been around long enough that he knows how to manage a game.

Last edited:

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
Week 4 best bets

The early lines are out for week 4 and I have decided on 7 teams for my best bets of the week. In no particular order ....

Houston 2-1 minus 3 at Atlanta 0-3- This has the makings of a great bet. At the very least you get a field goal push if all else goes wrong but on a moneyline a decent bet, on a teaser Houston plus 4? A great number. Houstons 4th quarter rally fell short vs Indy losing 30-24 but all in all, that's not too bad. They managed 24 points against Indys D and were in the game. Schaub played very well 27/33 236 7.2 1 td but 2 ints. Minus his moneyman Andre Johnson he hit 10 recievers (excellent management of the offensive tools he had left). Hoston got killed on turnovers -2 picks and 3 fumbles. Atlanta was too busy racking up penalties and turnovers vs Carolina. Harrington picked up a ton of yards in the air but they had barely a running game to speak of. This has the makings of a shootout.

Pittsburgh 3-0 minus 4 1/2 at Arizona 1-2 - Warner, like Flutie; when applied sparingly will kill you in the short term. Warner still has an arm, has a gunslingers mentality and almost stole that game in Baltimore. That Baltimore game scared me. But Arizona will probably go back to Lineart against the Steelers at home. Arizonas O-line is suspect -they could only block for 61yds in 14 carries for their RBs and Pittsburgh's D is tough on the secondary. The Steelers picked up 200 plus yds on the ground -watch for that to continue and Ben had his regular game with 13/20 160yds 8ypc and 1 td but they showed the upstart Niners a lesson in game management. I'll take the Steelers moneyline and teaser, maybe take a closer look at the spread once they announce their starter for the Cards.

KC 1-2 at SD 1-2 minus 12 1/2 - I am a moron. I actually like SD here. KC has no O-line-they rushed for 50yds against Minnesota. Huard played ok 20/29 206yds 7.1ypc and a td. But they only had 14 first downs and a grand total of 251 yds and 10 penalties to boot -that is pathetic. Now, SD caused me my only loss for week 3. But I'm willing to go back to the well. MVP my ass -LT better show me something soon. His O-line is having a hard time with the new offense, but thankfully SD has a decent defense. GB played with a lot of emotion and they played well. Favre looks like he's on his retirement tour -but he still has an arm and still loves the game. I'll take SD on a moneyline and tease that number down to maybe 5 1/2 and tap it there.

Denver 2-1 at Indy 3-0 minus 9 1/2 -There is no way I'm taking Indy on any spread greater than 6 from now on. That 9.5 will be teased for 2.5 and a money line bet. Period. Denver has been exposed for the fraud they are. they could easily be 0-3. 11 first downs?! 265 yds? 218 in the air? 47 rushing! against the Jags?! those numbers are horrible. Indy will go 4-0. Indy gave up 2 tds in the 4th but the game was under control (didn't cover the farkin spread by .5 but...) against Houston.

NE 3-0 minus 6 at Cincinnati 1-2 - The Bungels have no D. They gave up what? a billion ponts to the Browns? They're offensively a very good team but 10 penalties against Seattle in a 21-24 loss does not inspire any confidence. Take NE -moneyline, spread and plus 1 on a teaser -the trifecta. but if you're not convinced -they're still reeling from being branded cheaters, they will still be looking to thrash people. NE beat down Buffalo with 27 first downs, Brady 23/29 311yds 10.7ypc, 4 tds no ints. They used 4 rushers for 175 yds and 8 recievers for 311 yds. Brady has 887 yds in 3 games, 10 tds and 1 int. They've scored 114 points vs 35 given up. I'll take the minus 6 all day.

GB 3-0 minus 1 at Minnesota 1-2 - Historically GB has done poorly in domes. But GB hasn't been 3-0 in a while either. The win vs SD tells me something, Favre still believes in his abilities and his team. GBs D is better than average in the middle and ok up front. Minnesota lost at home vs KC....KC! I'll take GB on the trifecta as well -moneyline, spread and as a plus 6 (thats a decent bet).

and the last best bet -

StL 0-3 at Dallas 3-0. There's no line yet but let me save you the trouble. StL is shit -gone is the greatest show on turf. 3 points?! vs Tampa? at home! The question now is -who's shittier -Buffalo or StLouis?
Now vs Dallas on the road after a huge win vs daBears? hmmm...... - for sure, Dallas money line here and barring a 14 point spread take them on the spread and or teaser too.

Last edited:

healer677

Dos XX at Senor Frogs
Jan 13, 2004
Playa Del Carmen Q.R.
week 4 middle of the road bets ...

If I'm feeling lucky (or woozy) I might bet on these teams but don't count on it.

NYJ at Buffalo - Buffalo is crap but now we have an issue. If Edwards starts will it be his lucky day, a case of beginners luck maybe. That's a big if. I still think Buffalo, with all their injuries and inability to score, move the ball or play D will still lose this home game. As for the Jets -they had a huge road win in Miami 31-28 and even with Pennington hurting they managed to squeak it out. Take the Jets straight up, but not on a line unless you tease it plus a fg. I'm not willing to add this to my best bets but it's pretty darn close.

Baltimore vs Cleveland - This has cancer written all over it. The Ravens aren't running on all cylinfers. McNair is hurting. I couldn't believe the bad play calling that resulted in back to back sacks I don't trust this team right now. Cleveland can score. Cleveland couldn't stop a line of chorus girls. The O-line couldn't produce a hole and limited them to 88 yds on the ground. But -there is the Jamal Lewis factor......too close to guess. No thanks.

Chicago at Detroit - Last year this would have been easy. Give me Griese, take daBears minus 5 or so but give me Grossman, I wouldn't take the Bears at even plus 10. Detroit got caught up in an Eagles resurgence or specifically a Donovan resurgence -huge loss 56-21. There was good news and bad news. Kitna played ok -managed 20 first downs 29/46 446 yds 9.7ypc and 2 tds. The bad news -he threw a pick, they had 3 turnovers, comitted 9 penalties and rushed for less than 40 yards. This is a wait and see bet.....

Philly at NYG -The G men had a good 4th quarter rally and squeaked a win out in Washington despite only getting 19 first downs. Manning was mediocre again 21/36 232 yds 6.4ypc 1 td and 2 ints. Philly had a huge offensive game but does this line them up for a huge offensive let down game -like Cleveland. Last week Philly was simply unstoppable but can they produce back to back efforts on back to back road games? I dont want to find out.

So that's pretty much it for my week 4 guesses -happy betting, good luck gents.

Smash

Apr 20, 2005
T Dot
healer677 said:
Indy has not impressed me this year. In two consecutive weeks they looked beatable. I had them as moneyline winner but listened to homonger and stayed away from the spread -that's a good thing. They didn't cover the 6.5.

I lost a $350. proline ticket cause of Indy...Uggg
I had GB, Cards, Dallas, KC and NE.
If Indy covers 7 I win $350. I didnt see the game but I watched the highlights and that run back by Hou messed my ticket up..

homonger

I'm not really back
Oct 27, 2001
Woo hoo, 5-0 ats last weekend.

Home dog GB won outright against SD. A ton of folks are shaking their heads about the Chargers. What is going on with them? Are they simply just not that good?

TB blasted St. Louis at home. Big challenge.

Pittburgh buried SF at home in one of my best bet games. Another big challenge.

In my other best bet, Tennessee clobbered NO. I think it is official... NO is going to be bad this year.

I was yelling at the TV screen for the Colts not to tack on any more points at the end of the game vs. the Texans. Luckily they didn't, and Houston just barely covered. Sorry John.

Preliminary thoughts for next week: I'm seeing Dallas -11.5 at home vs the Rams. I think that could be a best bet. I think Indy comes back this week and destroys the Broncos, who I don't think are any good at all. Those are my two favorite games so far.

Toronto Escorts