Toronto Passions

Lpga

Indiana

Well-known member
Feb 23, 2010
4,071
1,994
113
I tell ya man, lately I've found the LPGA tourneys much more fun to watch than PGA.
Is there any more pleasure than watching Lydia Ko play each week.
This kid is so consistently great.
And so young.
Pound for pound, and Win for win I bet she's better than Tiger was?
 

mjg1

Well-known member
Feb 21, 2008
5,347
1,682
113
I tell ya man, lately I've found the LPGA tourneys much more fun to watch than PGA.
Is there any more pleasure than watching Lydia Ko play each week.
This kid is so consistently great.
And so young.
Pound for pound, and Win for win I bet she's better than Tiger was?
She just won her second major at 18 years old. If she can keep it up, she can become the greatest female golfer of all-time. I am also more interested in watching the LPGA than the men. Just like I enjoy women's tennis more than the men's game.

By the way, what happened to Michelle Wie? She was hyped up just like Tiger, but hasn't been nearly as successful.

Does anybody have an intelligent reason, why Asian women dominant the LPGA now? Could it be so simple, that golf is just emphasized on girls, in those countries?
 

revolver

here, there and nowhere..
Mar 31, 2002
3,431
4
38
She just won her second major at 18 years old. If she can keep it up, she can become the greatest female golfer of all-time. I am also more interested in watching the LPGA than the men. Just like I enjoy women's tennis more than the men's game.

By the way, what happened to Michelle Wie? She was hyped up just like Tiger, but hasn't been nearly as successful.

Does anybody have an intelligent reason, why Asian women dominant the LPGA now? Could it be so simple, that golf is just emphasized on girls, in those countries?
Possibly the influence of the success of Se Ri Pak. When she joined the LPGA she was the only South Korean on tour. Now there are over 40 and the numbers grow each year. Many of them say they started playing golf because of her. She's a hero to them.

Michelle had a good year in 2014 and got into the top 10 in rankings, won a couple of tournaments including a Major and contended regularly. Then she ran into injury problems. Before that she went back to University and didn't devote her full attention to the tour. She's not lived up to early expectations for sure.
 

catherinetog

Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2005
5,049
487
113
I am a big fan of Brooke Henderson(a young 18 yd talented canadian golfer--- Rolex ranked 7th) who finished 10th for the first LPGA major of 2016.

Congrats to Brooke Henderson!
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts