The drummer's name was Mitch Mitchell. Noel Redding was the bass player. All original members are deceased.I love 'Hey Joe'!
That drummer recently died. Was that Noel something? I love the way he plays to Fire.
Thanks Wawa and Steve~.The drummer's name was Mitch Mitchell. Noel Redding was the bass player. All original members are deceased.
Yeah, I guess the guy that every gifted player (from Van Halen, to Steve Vai, to Joe Satriani, to Eric Johnson, to David Gilmour, to Jeff Beck) has stated as the best ever rock guitarist, is over-rated. I guess those guys don't know jack shit about guitar-playing. Yup, you must be right and these blokes are all wrong.Takes alot of talent too set your guitar on fire , or even destroy one.
One of the most overated guitar players , ever.
So,just for a laugh,who do you rate as great?Takes alot of talent too set your guitar on fire , or even destroy one.
One of the most overated guitar players , ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EHAniSzq9MJohn Petrucci from Dream Theater .
Have to agree with you, interestingly he is doing a Hendrix piece in the video. Probably better technically than Hendrix....cleaner at least. It's very difficult for me to seperate the musucian from the music so a "who's the best" always gets confused by their body of recorded work.You can't argue the fact that this guy is Top 3 best guitarist ever:
Great technical ability and a lot of soul in his play.
Name me another guitarist who's songwriting/compositions matches his guitar talent?Just because Hendrix was one of the first too was the whammy bar or the wha wha peddle does not make him a god. To much distortion in his sound for me .
Next your gonna tell me Page is a god also?
Then you've just shown me that you must be quite young. It was common knowledge on the California/sunset scene in the late 70's early 80's that many (Musicians/fans/guitarists in that scene) considered Eddie the top dog and Rhodes the #2 behind him. It's documented. I personaly would say Rhodes was more versatile through.Rhoads like Edward? I have never that before!
I agree on that but you must admit he took the techniques that Eddie started and furthered them along with bringing new things to the table like sweep picking and string skipping etc. When Malmsteen burst on the scene in the late 80's many guitarists reacted to him like the top dogs of the late 60's did to Hendrix. As of now to me the progression of the guitar gods is this:As far as speed goes .That is all Yngwie is. Speed no substance , no feel.
Trower early in his career was asked 'who' influenced him and he said Hendrix. He's regretted it ever since cause people around him figure that if he didn't mention his name he would've been considered just as great. I have the interview in a guitar mag where he admits this.Robin Trower reminds me of Jimi...






