Hush Companions
Toronto Escorts

Global Warming

Peace4u

New member
Mar 24, 2004
563
0
0
63
Pennsylvania
www.lovinggrace.org
I was listening to Robert Kennedy Jr. talk about Global warming and that it was a serious threat to us within 40 yrs.He said the Peaks were warming and melting.The other gentleman said he was completely lieing about the situation.I dont know a whole lot about it and was wondering your thaughts on these things.I know Bush has done a bismal job on environmental concerns,at least it seems to me. Thanks.
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,649
0
0
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
And we're going to run out of gas in 30 years (circa 1975).

But seriously, I think there is a fair amount of robust science that would say that pollution increases the amount of heat trapped in the atmosphere and thus changes the climate.

I don't think any POTUS could get a strict global warming treaty ratified by congress; anything worth doing would have costly economic impacts.

I don't know if I'd go to a Kennedy for scientific info, girls and booze perhaps but not science.

OTB
 

tompeepin

Unbanned (for now) ;)
Mar 17, 2004
846
0
0
limbo
tv-celebs.com
onthebottom said:
But seriously, I think there is a fair amount of robust science that would say that pollution increases the amount of heat trapped in the atmosphere and thus changes the climate.

OTB
Bah! Fucking tree huggers and their "junk" science. And who cares anyway? "We'll all be dead"!
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,649
0
0
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
Think of the possibilities, palm trees on Lake Ontario and summer as something more that 3 days of bad skiing. Canada could be the big winner here!

OTB
 

tompeepin

Unbanned (for now) ;)
Mar 17, 2004
846
0
0
limbo
tv-celebs.com
onthebottom said:
Think of the possibilities, palm trees on Lake Ontario and summer as something more that 3 days of bad skiing. Canada could be the big winner here!

OTB
bbking said:
Well we can hope at least one will be. Global warming means Canada will get very cold, so I'm moving to Arizonia.
For once bbking might be right. When the gulf stream shuts down Canada will actually get colder. Go figure. So much for global "warming"!
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,649
0
0
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
bbking said:
Well we can hope at least one will be. Global warming means Canada will get very cold, so I'm moving to Arizonia.
We all end up in Arizona or Florida anyway.

OTB
 

jwmorrice

Gentleman by Profession
Jun 30, 2003
7,152
0
0
In the laboratory.
Who cares about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?

jwm
 

Pallydin

missing 400 or so
Jan 27, 2002
541
0
0
onthebottom said:
We all end up in Arizona or Florida anyway.
If global warming continues, Florida will be underwater for the most part and not really must use as a place to get away.

PAL
 

pineappleguy

New member
Sep 8, 2003
380
0
0
IMHO, global warming is just the earth returning to it's natural state after the ice age. If we stopped polluting 100% right now, it would probably not stop global warming and (again, IMHO) it would not slow it down significantly.

If you live in Buffalo, NY, the biggest problem with global warming is that it isn't happening fast enough.
 

tompeepin

Unbanned (for now) ;)
Mar 17, 2004
846
0
0
limbo
tv-celebs.com
bbking said:
- it somehow has to be Bush's fault.
It is not Bush's fault. However he is not helping but rather contributing to the problem with many of his policies, such as reneging on that "junk" science based Kyoto accord.

jwmorrice said:
Who cares about posterity? What's posterity ever done for me?

jwm
'zactly! As Dubya says: "we'll all be dead!" So why should we care about posterity. Just have fun while making it. ;)
 

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
40,649
0
0
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
Pallydin said:
If global warming continues, Florida will be underwater for the most part and not really must use as a place to get away.

PAL
Not too late to get that shoreline property in Southern Georgia!

OTB
 
Toronto Escorts