Royal Spa

BB10 Pricing

GREEN MONSTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2012
It's RIMs day, while the product is excellent, and the marketing around this product is superior. My feeling is if BBJ10,is priced above $549 out right and $199 on a plan it will be DOA. Why because there is not enough space in the consumer market, for another high end smartphone and their won't be enough demand in the emerging countries where RIM does the bulk of there hardware sales?

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
I don't think, outside of Canada, a lower price would even save RIM. The growth is in the lower end market, everyone up-market already has a smartphone and there simply isn't any compelling reason to move from Android/Samsung or Apple to RIM.

OTB

goodguy1977

Jan 5, 2011
I don't think, outside of Canada, a lower price would even save RIM. The growth is in the lower end market, everyone up-market already has a smartphone and there simply isn't any compelling reason to move from Android/Samsung or Apple to RIM.

OTB
Hi there,

So given the features that RIMM outlined today of bb10 you don't think it's enough to move consumers from Iphone/Droid?

Full disclosure i'm short RIM through derivatives and not interested in getting into the RIM/Iphone/Droid pissing match...

Goodguy

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
Hi there,

So given the features that RIMM outlined today of bb10 you don't think it's enough to move consumers from Iphone/Droid?

Full disclosure i'm short RIM through derivatives and not interested in getting into the RIM/Iphone/Droid pissing match...

Goodguy
Nope,

Don't see anything compelling that would make me give up a Samsung G III or an iPhone 5 - both have better apps libraries, better cloud services, better access to content....

Here is the Walt review:

BlackBerry Reinvents Itself to Compete With All-Touch Smartphones

JANUARY 30, 2013

Walt Mossberg

http://allthingsd.com/20130130/blackberry-reinvents-itself-to-compete-with-all-touch-smartphones/

There is a new smartphone coming to market, running on a new operating system. It’s an all-touch device — with no physical navigation controls and no physical keyboard — and serves as a platform for third-party apps. It’s meant to compete in a world defined by Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android phones. It’s a BlackBerry, reinvented from the ground up.

This model, called the Z10, and its operating system, called BB10, are bet-the-company moves by BlackBerry maker Research In Motion. RIM has seen its once-dominant position in the market shrivel away, especially in the U.S., since the iPhone appeared in 2007. It has tried a couple of times to drop its famous physical keyboards for touchscreens, but those projects failed, partly because the old BlackBerry operating system was primarily designed to handle corporate email and was a poor platform for app developers.

Now, RIM is hoping that BB10 can change all that, so much so it’s changing its name to BlackBerry. The new OS, which is the most important part of the product, isn’t an evolution of the old BlackBerry platform. It is a clean break. Its user interface is so different that it will seem foreign to longtime BlackBerry users. And the first phone to use it, the Z10, looks much more like its rivals than like traditional BlackBerrys.

I’ve been testing the Z10 for about a week and decided to approach it as a new entry from a new company, because it is so different from past BlackBerrys. Overall, it worked fine in my tests, but I found it a work in progress. I liked some things a lot, including the way BlackBerry has designed its new virtual keyboard and camera, and the way it gathers all your messages into a single Hub. But it will launch with just a fraction of the apps available from its competitors, and is missing some very popular titles. It also lacks its own cloud-based ecosystem for storing and sharing files, like Apple’s iCloud or Google Drive. And there are other missing or lagging features.

Fervent BlackBerry fans might shun the Z10 for its lack of a physical keyboard, while fervent iPhone and Android fans might shun it for its small selection of apps and lack of native cloud services.

BlackBerry is formally announcing the Z10 and BB10 this week and it will go on sale in some countries almost immediately. In the U.S., all four major carriers are expected to sell the phone, for $199, according to BlackBerry, but the company estimates it won’t be available until March.

A second BB10 phone, the Q10, due in April, may be an easier transition for BlackBerry addicts, since it will have a physical keyboard. But BlackBerry sees typing on glass as its future and will be emphasizing the touch model.

Hardware

The Z10 is basically a chunky plastic slab, midway in size and weight between the tall, slim iPhone 5 and the bigger, wider crop of new Android models. I found it felt good in the hand. Its high-resolution 4.2-inch screen is a bit bigger than the iPhone’s 4-inch display, though much smaller than many newer Android screens, which are creeping toward 5 inches. The rear camera is the same eight megapixels as on the iPhone and Android models like Google’s flagship Nexus 4. It comes in black and white, and has only one memory configuration — 16 gigabytes (the base on the iPhone) — but the memory can be expanded by up to 32 more gigabytes using a removable card. Unlike many phones today, it has a removable battery.

User Interface

You unlock the phone by swiping up from the bottom border. The phone displays the last screen you were on. A similar swipe from any screen will take you to the home position, which displays minimized versions of up to eight apps currently running, with each displayed as a large rectangle showing some information from the app, such as weather or appointments. These are called Active Frames. From there, swiping to the left takes you through screens of app icons, similar to those on Apple and Android phones. Swiping from the bottom minimizes any open app into an Active Frame. I found these gestures easy to use and remember.

BlackBerry Hub

Although it isn’t technically the home screen, BlackBerry expects most users to spend most of their time in the device’s unified inbox, called BlackBerry Hub. To reach the Hub, you swipe right from the display of running apps, or, if you’re on any other screen, you swipe up and to the right in a curved gesture from the bottom border — that one takes a little practice.

The Hub contains emails from all the accounts you’ve set up on the phone, as well as text messages, messages from the company’s BlackBerry Messenger service, and even updates from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Unlike on older BlackBerrys, there aren’t separate icons for various email accounts; they are visible only via the Hub. But you can swipe right from the Hub to see each account and view only its contents. If you swipe down while in the Hub, you see upcoming calendar events.

Keyboard

The Z10 keyboard is the best and fastest out-of-the-box virtual keyboard I’ve used. Master BlackBerry thumb typists might not find it as fast as the traditional physical keyboard, but, for a one-finger typist like me, it was faster and more accurate than either the native keyboards on the iPhone or Android. This is partly because it features predictive typing. It displays words that are likely to come next right above the rows of letters, and lets you flick these words upward into the text you’re composing. It learns what mistakes you typically make in hitting letters, and adjusts. And it learns words and abbreviations you frequently use, even proper names.

Apps

BlackBerry claims it will have 70,000 apps at launch. Others are promised shortly afterward. That sounds like a lot, but Apple is approaching 800,000 and Android has over 700,000. BlackBerry’s app store, called BlackBerry World, includes—or will soon include — some common and standard apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, Angry Birds, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and Major League Baseball. But at launch, it will be missing Instagram, Pandora, Spotify, NPR, Google Maps and Netflix, among many others.

Work and Personal

If you use a corporate network controlled by an IT department, and want to keep your work and personal apps separate, BB10 has a simple way to do it. You just swipe down and press a button called “Personal” or “Work” and the apps, and even the background, change. However, email and calendar entries are still intermingled.

Camera, Voice and Battery Life

The camera has a cool feature called TimeShift that allows you to adjust individual faces in a group shot to get different views of them — say, smiling instead of frowning — by capturing additional images just before or after the snapshot. Voice calls were excellent. I didn’t do a formal battery test, but in my moderate to heavy use of the phone, I found it didn’t last as long on a charge as the iPhone 5, and began to get pretty low by late afternoon. It would last some people an entire day, but not everyone.

Browser

I found the browser adequate, but noticeably slower than the standard Apple and Android browser, even on a fast Wi-Fi network. However, unlike on many phones today, the browser supports Adobe Flash on some pages, if you manually enable it.

Data Speeds

The Z10 is capable of using LTE networks, the most consistently speedy available. But on my test unit, which was running on AT&T, I could never achieve download speeds of more than a paltry two megabits per second, even though the phone said it was on LTE, which typically sports download speeds of 15, 20 or even more Mbps. BlackBerry had no explanation for this anomaly.

Video Chats

In BB10, BlackBerry has added a video-chat feature similar to Apple’s FaceTime. In my tests, this worked well.

Cloud

Unlike Android or Apple devices, BB10 has no built-in cloud system for syncing or storing photos or other data. BlackBerry says that the third-party cloud app Box, which is mainly used by corporate customers, can do some automatic syncing, but it says it plans to work on its own system over time.

Other Downsides

There is no native ability to print from the Z10. And in some cases, I found that common controls required too many steps. For instance, to quickly get to the top or bottom of a long list of messages in the Hub — something the old BlackBerry did with ease — you have to go to the menu. BlackBerry says it is working on making that quicker.

Bottom Line

The Z10 and BB10 represent a radical reinvention of the BlackBerry. The hardware is decent and the user interface is logical and generally easy to use. I believe it has a chance of getting BlackBerry back into the game, if the company can attract a lot more apps.

goodguy1977

Jan 5, 2011
Nope,

Don't see anything compelling that would make me give up a Samsung G III or an iPhone 5 - both have better apps libraries, better cloud services, better access to content....

Here is the Walt review:

BlackBerry Reinvents Itself to Compete With All-Touch Smartphones

JANUARY 30, 2013

Walt Mossberg

http://allthingsd.com/20130130/blackberry-reinvents-itself-to-compete-with-all-touch-smartphones/

There is a new smartphone coming to market, running on a new operating system. It’s an all-touch device — with no physical navigation controls and no physical keyboard — and serves as a platform for third-party apps. It’s meant to compete in a world defined by Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android phones. It’s a BlackBerry, reinvented from the ground up.

This model, called the Z10, and its operating system, called BB10, are bet-the-company moves by BlackBerry maker Research In Motion. RIM has seen its once-dominant position in the market shrivel away, especially in the U.S., since the iPhone appeared in 2007. It has tried a couple of times to drop its famous physical keyboards for touchscreens, but those projects failed, partly because the old BlackBerry operating system was primarily designed to handle corporate email and was a poor platform for app developers.

Now, RIM is hoping that BB10 can change all that, so much so it’s changing its name to BlackBerry. The new OS, which is the most important part of the product, isn’t an evolution of the old BlackBerry platform. It is a clean break. Its user interface is so different that it will seem foreign to longtime BlackBerry users. And the first phone to use it, the Z10, looks much more like its rivals than like traditional BlackBerrys.

I’ve been testing the Z10 for about a week and decided to approach it as a new entry from a new company, because it is so different from past BlackBerrys. Overall, it worked fine in my tests, but I found it a work in progress. I liked some things a lot, including the way BlackBerry has designed its new virtual keyboard and camera, and the way it gathers all your messages into a single Hub. But it will launch with just a fraction of the apps available from its competitors, and is missing some very popular titles. It also lacks its own cloud-based ecosystem for storing and sharing files, like Apple’s iCloud or Google Drive. And there are other missing or lagging features.

Fervent BlackBerry fans might shun the Z10 for its lack of a physical keyboard, while fervent iPhone and Android fans might shun it for its small selection of apps and lack of native cloud services.

BlackBerry is formally announcing the Z10 and BB10 this week and it will go on sale in some countries almost immediately. In the U.S., all four major carriers are expected to sell the phone, for $199, according to BlackBerry, but the company estimates it won’t be available until March.

A second BB10 phone, the Q10, due in April, may be an easier transition for BlackBerry addicts, since it will have a physical keyboard. But BlackBerry sees typing on glass as its future and will be emphasizing the touch model.

Hardware

The Z10 is basically a chunky plastic slab, midway in size and weight between the tall, slim iPhone 5 and the bigger, wider crop of new Android models. I found it felt good in the hand. Its high-resolution 4.2-inch screen is a bit bigger than the iPhone’s 4-inch display, though much smaller than many newer Android screens, which are creeping toward 5 inches. The rear camera is the same eight megapixels as on the iPhone and Android models like Google’s flagship Nexus 4. It comes in black and white, and has only one memory configuration — 16 gigabytes (the base on the iPhone) — but the memory can be expanded by up to 32 more gigabytes using a removable card. Unlike many phones today, it has a removable battery.

User Interface

You unlock the phone by swiping up from the bottom border. The phone displays the last screen you were on. A similar swipe from any screen will take you to the home position, which displays minimized versions of up to eight apps currently running, with each displayed as a large rectangle showing some information from the app, such as weather or appointments. These are called Active Frames. From there, swiping to the left takes you through screens of app icons, similar to those on Apple and Android phones. Swiping from the bottom minimizes any open app into an Active Frame. I found these gestures easy to use and remember.

BlackBerry Hub

Although it isn’t technically the home screen, BlackBerry expects most users to spend most of their time in the device’s unified inbox, called BlackBerry Hub. To reach the Hub, you swipe right from the display of running apps, or, if you’re on any other screen, you swipe up and to the right in a curved gesture from the bottom border — that one takes a little practice.

The Hub contains emails from all the accounts you’ve set up on the phone, as well as text messages, messages from the company’s BlackBerry Messenger service, and even updates from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Unlike on older BlackBerrys, there aren’t separate icons for various email accounts; they are visible only via the Hub. But you can swipe right from the Hub to see each account and view only its contents. If you swipe down while in the Hub, you see upcoming calendar events.

Keyboard

The Z10 keyboard is the best and fastest out-of-the-box virtual keyboard I’ve used. Master BlackBerry thumb typists might not find it as fast as the traditional physical keyboard, but, for a one-finger typist like me, it was faster and more accurate than either the native keyboards on the iPhone or Android. This is partly because it features predictive typing. It displays words that are likely to come next right above the rows of letters, and lets you flick these words upward into the text you’re composing. It learns what mistakes you typically make in hitting letters, and adjusts. And it learns words and abbreviations you frequently use, even proper names.

Apps

BlackBerry claims it will have 70,000 apps at launch. Others are promised shortly afterward. That sounds like a lot, but Apple is approaching 800,000 and Android has over 700,000. BlackBerry’s app store, called BlackBerry World, includes—or will soon include — some common and standard apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, Angry Birds, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and Major League Baseball. But at launch, it will be missing Instagram, Pandora, Spotify, NPR, Google Maps and Netflix, among many others.

Work and Personal

If you use a corporate network controlled by an IT department, and want to keep your work and personal apps separate, BB10 has a simple way to do it. You just swipe down and press a button called “Personal” or “Work” and the apps, and even the background, change. However, email and calendar entries are still intermingled.

Camera, Voice and Battery Life

The camera has a cool feature called TimeShift that allows you to adjust individual faces in a group shot to get different views of them — say, smiling instead of frowning — by capturing additional images just before or after the snapshot. Voice calls were excellent. I didn’t do a formal battery test, but in my moderate to heavy use of the phone, I found it didn’t last as long on a charge as the iPhone 5, and began to get pretty low by late afternoon. It would last some people an entire day, but not everyone.

Browser

I found the browser adequate, but noticeably slower than the standard Apple and Android browser, even on a fast Wi-Fi network. However, unlike on many phones today, the browser supports Adobe Flash on some pages, if you manually enable it.

Data Speeds

The Z10 is capable of using LTE networks, the most consistently speedy available. But on my test unit, which was running on AT&T, I could never achieve download speeds of more than a paltry two megabits per second, even though the phone said it was on LTE, which typically sports download speeds of 15, 20 or even more Mbps. BlackBerry had no explanation for this anomaly.

Video Chats

In BB10, BlackBerry has added a video-chat feature similar to Apple’s FaceTime. In my tests, this worked well.

Cloud

Unlike Android or Apple devices, BB10 has no built-in cloud system for syncing or storing photos or other data. BlackBerry says that the third-party cloud app Box, which is mainly used by corporate customers, can do some automatic syncing, but it says it plans to work on its own system over time.

Other Downsides

There is no native ability to print from the Z10. And in some cases, I found that common controls required too many steps. For instance, to quickly get to the top or bottom of a long list of messages in the Hub — something the old BlackBerry did with ease — you have to go to the menu. BlackBerry says it is working on making that quicker.

Bottom Line

The Z10 and BB10 represent a radical reinvention of the BlackBerry. The hardware is decent and the user interface is logical and generally easy to use. I believe it has a chance of getting BlackBerry back into the game, if the company can attract a lot more apps.

Thanks for the info.

Goodguy

GREEN MONSTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for the info.

Goodguy
Nice breakdown on the bottom. Personally I don't think anyone on this board has mentioned the best phone on the market. I'm taking nuts and bolts for get about the marketing etc etc. The best phone on the market right now is one buy HTC it goes by a couple different names. HTC DROID and Butterfly in the Asian market also the Butter Fly J. Best phone hands down I maybe going to Asia next month on business I may get one or two of these phones....

IM469

Jul 5, 2012
Blackberry is going to have to do more to move people back to their platforms than to brag that they have a few new features (IMO). The $599 price is too high and I'm not sure why they set it at that level. They get additional revenue from there servers - certainly they could have balanced the price. I can't believe that if Google can have LG make a very competitive smartphone for half the price of Apple & Samsung to get market share - Blackberry can't bring their smart phone in at least a similar price level.

I know there are crackberry fans who will run out buying this phone but BlackBerry doesn't need these customers - they must attract new ones if they are to survive. I hate to see another Canadian company fall apart after loosing Northern Telcom but I really have doubts BB with make it very far into 2014.

GREEN MONSTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2012
Blackberry is going to have to do more to move people back to their platforms than to brag that they have a few new features (IMO). The $599 price is too high and I'm not sure why they set it at that level. They get additional revenue from there servers - certainly they could have balanced the price. I can't believe that if Google can have LG make a very competitive smartphone for half the price of Apple & Samsung to get market share - Blackberry can't bring their smart phone in at least a similar price level.

I know there are crackberry fans who will run out buying this phone but BlackBerry doesn't need these customers - they must attract new ones if they are to survive. I hate to see another Canadian company fall apart after loosing Northern Telcom but I really have doubts BB with make it very far into 2014.
I agree I guess it was a marketing choice. $599 is not going to fly for an unproven platform. Why take a chance on these platforms, when you got Apple, Android, even Windows.

onthebottom

Never Been Justly Banned
Jan 10, 2002
Hooterville
www.scubadiving.com
One could argue this is a bit harsh but you have to love a mullet reference..... I also subscribe to this POV.. Clearly Waterloo isn't Silicon Valley....

OTB

The new BlackBerry: Party in the front, uncertainty in the back

By Nathaniel Mott
On January 30, 2013

Jokes aside, the rebranding of Research In Motion to Blackberry should smother any doubts about BlackBerry’s commitment to, well, BlackBerry.

Today’s event announcing the company’s rebranding and the launch of Blackberry 10 was… bizarre. BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins didn’t take the stage until about twenty minutes in, ceding the spotlight to a so-cliche-he-transcended-cliche “host” who babbled about videos and cut off a person’s pony tail. No, really — RIM (it was still RIM then) thought it would be a good idea to cut someone’s hair in front of a global audience waiting to finally see BlackBerry 10.

And that was the event’s peak. Heins and company rattled off a bunch of buzzwords, from “Internet of Things” to “mobile experience” and “hyper-connected socially.” Then the devices, the touch-screen Z10 and the keyboard-equipped Q10, were revealed to a smattering of applause. BlackBerry 10 was demoed, Alicia Keys came on stage, and then it was time for more buzzwords. Cue curtains.

A few thoughts:

BlackBerry is caught between the consumer and the enterprise markets. For all the talk of executives keeping their BlackBerry devices in belt holsters and the operating system’s one-time ubiquity in enterprise, other platforms have clearly stepped into BlackBerry’s territory. The “bring your own device” movement is in full swing, and many are choosing iPhones and Android smartphones over the corporate-mandate BlackBerrys.

BlackBerry has realized this, and emphasized both corporate and consumer aspects of the BlackBerry 10 at today’s event. The company talked up BlackBerry 10′s security and connection to contacts’ social profiles in one breath and then switched gears to exclaim excitement over “Fruit Ninja” and “Jetpack Joyride” in the next. Other features, like BlackBerry Balance, are quite explicitly meant to bridge the concept of a “work phone” and a “personal phone.”

There was a lot of talk about platforms, yet BlackBerry 10 was only shown on mobile. Despite Heins’ repeated mentions of the Internet of Things and claims that BlackBerry 10 took so long to release because it’s a real platform play meant to power all of the devices around you, the only devices shown running the operating system were smartphones. This is likely the most important device category that BlackBerry can market to, but it felt like Heins was playing a game of “just the tip” (of the iceberg, of course) with a real, BlackBerry platform-dominated future.

The audience doesn’t care about a physical keyboard. No matter how many times anyone says how important the physical keyboard is to Blackberry — the company was practically built on the feature in years past — the form factor is quickly becoming an anachronism. No one in the audience clapped for the Q10, the keyboard-equipped device, until Heins prompted them — later, when he emphasized the keyboard again, just one person felt it was worth a clap.

Now, one audience isn’t going to make-or-break the Q10, and it wouldn’t be a surprise to learn they keyboard is popular with a specific subset of users, but it shows just how different the market has become since BlackBerry’s dominance.

To be a hardware maker, or not to be a hardware maker? BlackBerry’s keeping its options open. Rebranding to BlackBerry shows that the company formerly known as RIM is committed to the platform, but that leaves its future as a hardware maker open to interpretation.

The company could easily tell investors, customers and press that becoming BlackBerry shows its commitment to releasing mobile devices. It could also tell that same group that, in the event of a sale, that BlackBerry is all about the platform, not the hardware, and that the rebranding was meant to prepare stockholders for the future of the company. (More on what that might mean here.)

All told, this event perfectly captures what RIM/BlackBerry have become to the mobile market. That zany, half-baked intro was the epitome of corporate culture trying on a new, carefree facade. The rebranding could be taken to mean any number of things, as could many of the corporate platitudes that Heins spewed all over the audience. And despite its best efforts, BlackBerry is still caught between its hallowed corporate past and its rocky, consumer-driven present and future.

Oh, and in keeping with the status quo: Wall Street tanked BlackBerry’s stock this morning, just as it has for the last few years.

IM469

Jul 5, 2012
Odd since the release of BB10,the stock is up 20%.
Not really since the stock and activities more closer resemble penny gold mining stocks. Running at a fraction of it's former value, you can make a good profit just from a published comment about the great colours of the BB10 packaging.

goodguy1977

Jan 5, 2011
The stock is not trading on fundamentals at the moment, thus the volatility is expected. Until they report actual numbers or unit sales no one really knows. Plus the retail holders are trading it big time. Amongst institutional, as the price goes up the short interest increases. Take from it what you will....

Goodguy

nottyboi

May 14, 2008
There are still a lot of challages, but I think people that say there will be only 2 major players in this market are dead wrong. The smart phone market is the biggest represents the largest market for computing devices in history. Eventually there will be more then 5B of these out there. I myself have 3 smart phones...of course one is obsolete and one is a travel phone.. but there are a lot of people out there that have more then 1 phone....So the players that will survive for the foreseeable future:

Apple
Android
Microsoft (they WILL be a player)
RIM - maybe

NOK will be a player as well
Samsung, HTC, Huwei

goodguy1977

Jan 5, 2011
Today I did follow up traffic checks.... absolutely no traffic, also I was looking at a Z10 and found one where the cable (used to secure the phone) was not attached, strangely no one had attempted to "borrow" it. If it was a Galaxy or Iphone 5 that thing would have been gone.

I don't know folks, I'm not really impressed with what i've seen.

Goodguy

Butler1000

Oct 31, 2011
Today I did follow up traffic checks.... absolutely no traffic, also I was looking at a Z10 and found one where the cable (used to secure the phone) was not attached, strangely no one had attempted to "borrow" it. If it was a Galaxy or Iphone 5 that thing would have been gone.

I don't know folks, I'm not really impressed with what i've seen.

Goodguy
In speaking to some of my clients today they all said that they had ordered theirs and were awaiting devilery to their offices.
I don't think this phone will be a quick sale off the mark type. What I see is steady growth as companies upgreade their employees phones. I also see many (like me) waiting for contracts to tick down and then upgrading. My 9900 is just fine right now. I will see which one( although leaning towards the Q10) I want then.
Also the US market is 1 month behind due to govt red tape.
I'm cgonna say now they head up to about 15% share of the market possibly even 20%but it will take about a year to do it.

goodguy1977

Jan 5, 2011
In speaking to some of my clients today they all said that they had ordered theirs and were awaiting devilery to their offices.
I don't think this phone will be a quick sale off the mark type. What I see is steady growth as companies upgreade their employees phones. I also see many (like me) waiting for contracts to tick down and then upgrading. My 9900 is just fine right now. I will see which one( although leaning towards the Q10) I want then.
Also the US market is 1 month behind due to govt red tape.
I'm cgonna say now they head up to about 15% share of the market possibly even 20%but it will take about a year to do it.
Hi there,

I don't think they have the time to let a delayed upgrade cycle. A disappointing US rollout will be tough. And from the research i've done this Z10 will not sell well in the developing nations. The price point is just too high.

I could be wrong and the empty lines and inventory left over could be a false sign.

We shall see

Goodguy

GREEN MONSTER

Banned
Sep 14, 2012
Hi there,

I don't think they have the time to let a delayed upgrade cycle. A disappointing US rollout will be tough. And from the research i've done this Z10 will not sell well in the developing nations. The price point is just too high.

I could be wrong and the empty lines and inventory left over could be a false sign.

We shall see

Goodguy
Im thinking the samething, wonder if the Q10 will be the same price. Or if they launch another phone with the same platform on for affordable Chase for the developing nations, that maybe the best way to go.

Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts