Battlestar Galactica

joebear

New member
Aug 31, 2003
1,159
0
0
Toronto
Manji said:
Seen almost all the episodes of the first season.
Last episode appears sometime today on Sky Channel.
Every episode has been fantastic. Definitly the best Sci-fi tv series ever (so far...)

On the Sky Channel, a female commentator stated that it was the Series finale but I think (and hope) she meant that it was the Season finale. (Heard that the Brits say series instead of season)
Anybody know if BattleStar Galatica's contract has been extended to do a second (or more) season? :confused:
SkyOne has ordered another 6 episodes. Those six episodes probably wont be seen until September at the earliest.

The decision for a second season has not been made yet. I think the folks who decide are waiting for the ratings in the US and Canada.

The stories are much better than the current season of Enterprise. It looks like Enterprise won't be renewed for another season. Paramount really missed the boat on Enterprise.

I intially hated the pilot and refused to watch it when it came on several times last year. I gave the pilot a chance and it was kinda boring. The series to date is well written and deserves a second season.
 

Manji

The Balance of Opposites
Jan 17, 2004
11,801
133
63
joebear said:
SkyOne has ordered another 6 episodes. Those six episodes probably wont be seen until September at the earliest.

The decision for a second season has not been made yet. I think the folks who decide are waiting for the ratings in the US and Canada.

The stories are much better than the current season of Enterprise. It looks like Enterprise won't be renewed for another season. Paramount really missed the boat on Enterprise.

I intially hated the pilot and refused to watch it when it came on several times last year. I gave the pilot a chance and it was kinda boring. The series to date is well written and deserves a second season.
Thanks jobear for the info.

Really? You hated the pilot.
It wasn't as good as the series itself but I thought the pilot was actually pretty good.
Its good to hear that it is doing well and hopefully the North American ratings will help further Battlestar Galatica's cause. :cool:

Enterprise is done...
Sort of sad to hear but no real surprise....
More misses than hits with that show lately.
 

Ross Eyerie

New member
Jan 15, 2004
569
0
0
Sorry to go off topic here... but that's the difference between ST:TNG and the rest of the new ST series, the TNG episodes stand on their own. You could miss a week without losing out on the whole story line.
 

joebear

New member
Aug 31, 2003
1,159
0
0
Toronto
Manji said:
Thanks jobear for the info.

Really? You hated the pilot.
It wasn't as good as the series itself but I thought the pilot was actually pretty good.
Its good to hear that it is doing well and hopefully the North American ratings will help further Battlestar Galatica's cause. :cool:

Enterprise is done...
Sort of sad to hear but no real surprise....
More misses than hits with that show lately.
I had the same mindset as most other people about the original series. How could they make Starbuck a woman, where are the Cylons, etc ?

I rewatched the pilot again on the weekend and picked up more info and tidbits that I glanced over previously. I gotta agree the pilot was well done nothwithstanding childhood memories of the original series.

I just finished watching the last episode, 13 of the two parter. DAM I can't wait for new episodes.
 

joebear

New member
Aug 31, 2003
1,159
0
0
Toronto
Ross Eyerie said:
Sorry to go off topic here... but that's the difference between ST:TNG and the rest of the new ST series, the TNG episodes stand on their own. You could miss a week without losing out on the whole story line.
TNG was cheesy. Like most people I watched all the episodes. Remember they cut out the last couple of minutes of Spock on Romulus episode to air some Brian Mulroney speach and how the geeks, including me, were all upset ? Our local station was not sure if they were going to pick up the rest of the next season.

There was not much Sci Fi when it first came out. The series was pretty preachy and pie in the sky, lets hold hands and sing kumbaya. Everyone ate it up and watched it.

X-Files came out pretty much the same time on a friday night no less and had a cult following. Good episodes even with the freak of the week monsters once in a while.
 

glaeken

New member
Feb 28, 2004
664
1
0
joebear said:
How could they make Starbuck a woman
I thought the same thing until I saw the actress and then I realized Starbuck is guy after all.

Having been a fan of the original series (and a dedicated heterosexual) the one thing I thought I would never say is, "Boomer is a hottie". :D
 

Manji

The Balance of Opposites
Jan 17, 2004
11,801
133
63
Was too young for the original so I don't really have any character loyalty to the first BattleStar Galatica.

When did the original come out anyways? How many seasons? :confused:
 

glaeken

New member
Feb 28, 2004
664
1
0
The original aired in 1978 and only lasted a season until it was retooled into Galactica 1980 (which only lasted 10 episodes). I saw an interview with Edward James Olmos, who plays Commander Adama in the new series, and he said that fans of the original series shouldn't watch the new one or they would be disappointed. If people tune in expecting the original then I'd have to agree him. As much as the original was a product of the 70's this one is a reflection of today's attitudes and expectations.

There are a lot of people who can't accept the changes in the story and characters for no other reason than it's different. Had they done a straight remake of the series there would have been a different group of people disappointed for no other reason than everything was the same. Myself, I just accept it for what is and judge it on it's own merits.
 

Manji

The Balance of Opposites
Jan 17, 2004
11,801
133
63
Saw the season ender for BattleStar Galatica (saw last week after it was released on the Sky Channel).

Best Sci-fi Season Ender Ever!

What a great series....
I really hope that it catches on in North America!!

The only shitty thing is that I'm gonna have to wait almost a year til the second season come out. :eek:
 

joebear

New member
Aug 31, 2003
1,159
0
0
Toronto
Manji said:
Saw the season ender for BattleStar Galatica (saw last week after it was released on the Sky Channel).

Best Sci-fi Season Ender Ever!

What a great series....
I really hope that it catches on in North America!!

The only shitty thing is that I'm gonna have to wait almost a year til the second season come out. :eek:

6 more episodes have been ordered for season 1. Season 2 has been confirmed as well. Skyone has first dibs on both.

The 6 episodes should be on for the fall.
 

stang

Banned
Oct 24, 2002
4,946
0
0
S ontario
Manji said:
Saw the season ender for BattleStar Galatica (saw last week after it was released on the Sky Channel).

Best Sci-fi Season Ender Ever!

What a great series....
I really hope that it catches on in North America!!

The only shitty thing is that I'm gonna have to wait almost a year til the second season come out. :eek:

Watching that episode, I literally jumped out of my chair and shit myself at the climax. Damn it, they better re-new. It's great.
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts