Have you thought of a living will?
I, a 1 player being of sound mind
and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by artificial
means. Under no circumstances should my fate be put in the hands of
peckerwood ethically challenged politicians who couldn't pass
ninth/tenth-grade biology if their lives depended on it.
If a reasonable amount of time passes and I fail to sit up and ask for
a Molson Canadian, diet coke, etc., it should be presumed that I won't ever
get better. When such a determination is reached, I hereby instruct my
spouse, children, parents and attending physicians to pull the plug, reel in
the tubes, and call it a day. Under no circumstances shall the
hypercritical members of the Legislature (Provincial or Federal) enact a
special law to keep me on life-support machinery. It is my wish that
these boneheads mind their own damn business and pay attention instead
to the health, education, and future of the millions of Canadians who
aren't in a permanent coma.
Under no circumstances shall any politicians butt into this case.
I don't care how many fundamentalist votes they're trying to scrounge
up for their run for the parliament, it is my wish that they play
politics with someone else's life and leave me alone to die in peace.
I couldn't care less if a hundred religious zealots send e-mails to
legislators in which they pretend to care about me. I don't know these
people, and I certainly haven't authorized them to preach and crusade
on my behalf. They should mind their own business, too.
If any of my family goes against my wishes and turns my case into a
political cause, I hereby promise to come back from the grave and make
his or her existence a living hell.
_____________________ _____________________
Signature Witness
_____________
Date