The One Spa

MP3, CD Ripping Software

Blade

Well-known member
Nov 20, 2001
887
353
63
Terbies,

I am looking for an easy to use software to create mp3 files ( either from cd's or the internet ) for my player.

I did a search on this board, and it seems that Nero is recommended over Roxio.

Is that true ?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Blade
 

Gentle Ben

Senior Member
Jan 5, 2002
7,213
0
36
For grabbing the music from CDs, I use audiograbber, freeware & works very good IMO, to burn I prefer Nero over Roxio, but I do use both.

Audiograbber link
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Audiograbber have their own converter, but they suggest using "Lame" at 128 bitrate for converting wave files to MP3, its also freeware, and is easily attatched to audiograbber to do conversions.

I have done some tests using original Cds as source material , MP3s at 128 bitrate created as above , versus using WIndows Media 10 @ 320 bitrate, there is ever so slight difference of quality,if even noticable under most circumstances, but @ 128 the file size is much smaller.
 

lickrolaine

Member
Jun 29, 2003
764
0
16
thundarr said:
I use Microsoft Media Player 10 which is a free download and works ONLY with XP
ditto,very easy to use,
 

GoLeafsGo

New member
Jul 23, 2003
414
0
0
Toronto
CDex, Winamp and Nero

I may be behind the times since I haven't really changed my software in years but for the following tasks, here's what I use:

Ripping songs from CDs --> CDex
Converting MP3 to WAV --> Winamp
Burning to CD --> Nero Burning ROM

Even if I am behind the times, it all still works really well for me.
 

auto doctor

New member
Aug 25, 2004
549
0
0
In a Korn field
www.korn.com
On a similiar topic..I use to rip Mp3 but the sound quality suffers so I stick to full version copying. Heck blank discs are cheap.
 
Toronto Escorts