Can Terb be useful for public health?

LikeRedHeads

Active member
Jul 8, 2011
2,474
11
38
I particularly invite Mods to contribute this thread.

I was reading a thread [edited by moderator]
And it seems some posts have been deleted because an SP was offering BBFS. Now the question:

It seems it is against the rules to discuss an SP offering BB services, but at the same time the LARGE majority of us would like to avoid these SPs. If their name and all reference to their BBFS is removed, we would not know about it and may visit them, increasing our risk and the risk of the other SPs not providing those services.

So in short because those posts are being deleted we are putting at risk all of our community, hobbyists and safe SPs.

Rules are meant to be bent some time when they are not serving the community any more. My question:
Do you think those rules should still be maintained even if they contribute to increase the risk of STDs to our community? This is a public health issue and turning our head to avoid seeing it doesn't really solve the issue.

Or even if discussing those SP services remains banned, can we at least have a Warning Section on risky SPs, including dangerous SPs/pimps and those SPs offering BBFS and the SPs who are involved in scams? TERB should help us with this.

And please mods do not delete this post/thread as it is important for our safety/health.
 
N

nonewfriends

I think this is a no-brainer and commend you for raising the topic. Public safety should be more important than the potential hurt to someone's reputation and business.
 

Yme

Member
Nov 1, 2013
94
5
8
I am torn between the positions Poolasauras and Whiteman advocate. Keep in mind these are 2 respected and long standing and contributing members of this forum. Boiled down, we have to choose between the fear of increased risk and the fear of encouraging the risk.
I saw the deleted post and its link. I was shocked. And when the shock subsided, somewhat, I realized I didn't want to put $200 down on red and gamble my life and health. So that provider and her co- providers are a "no go" zone for me hereafter.

For me, while Whiteman is a voice of caution and reason, Poolasauras is a voice of survival. Call me crass and selfish, but I prefer to be be here and read your criticisms, than in my doctors office hearing a death sentence pronounced. Just sayin'.
 

asuran

Well-known member
May 12, 2014
3,234
583
113
Ottawa
We already have cowboys diary for a listing of those who uses fake pics.
Maybe someone else can create one regarding this service.

If it's on here we'd have 20 pages of arguments and debates on who is trying to slander etc.

edit: Just saw that cowboy does make note of this on his list as well.
http://www.cowboysdiary.info/wordpress/?p=10013
 

KathrynBardot

New member
Nov 25, 2009
100
0
0
Ottawa
I'm sure the topic has been raised before, and I can think of a few good reasons why the moderators would not allow for such information to be publicly posted -- the big one being libel/slander. I think there is a big difference between posting a negative experience with a provider, and saying that someone is pimped or that they have an STI. At the end of the day, YOU don't know for sure what someone else's sexual health status is or if they are managed by a third party (and whether that is an exploitative situation or not; I find people are quick to call "pimp" here when really, there are a number of complexities involved when a third party is involved). And from someone who has spent time in the sexual health field, a lot of people are really misinformed as to what STIs are, and what symptoms look like. I know that I've personally received an email from an exceptionally paranoid person who assumed that "all whores are diseased" and demanded to know "what diseases you have" because he had a rash. When I sent him back a bunch of information, including the suggestion that he was experiencing a rash since no STI had such a short incubation period, I (shockingly) didn't hear back. Should we allow people who are prone to jumping the gun to post information that like that is potentially wrong?

Side note: many STIs fall under the notifiable diseases section of the public health agency, and must be reported to public health / partners are to be informed. Publicly shaming people like what you are suggesting is only going to drive people away from being tested, since "if you don't know, you don't have to disclose".
 

AmberRose

Newly Amber Meow!
Jul 26, 2014
86
5
0
Montreal, Ottawa
www.ambermeow.com
I'd also like to add on to everyone's good points with another reason why it may be banned on here. As much as a large majority of the members on this board may be wholeheartedly against BBFS and see it as extremely risky and bad, BBFS has become such a huge request by so many men these days(why though, is still beyond me!) and posting a provider's name who does offer it, while may deter many from seeing her, it may also give names to many of those men who are looking for those unsafe services and as mentioned by whiteman, it also encourages this practice unfortunately.

I do agree that there should be some way for people to know who to not see if they are offering it(but legitimately offering it, and not as Kathryn said just spreading slander), but how to go about this without giving away names to the guys searching for bareback, I'm not really sure to be honest.
 

Asclepius

Member
Jan 5, 2014
42
0
6
Whether or not to discuss or disclose the name of an SP who has provided BBFS is one of those “damned if you do and damned if you don't” situations.

Overall, it's probably better not to disclose, simply because those individuals, quietly looking for BBFS will benefit more from the information than those individuals trying to minimize their own risk, which they can do by simply using condoms.
 

maurice93

Well-known member
Mar 29, 2006
6,361
1,351
113
I agree 100%. I can't believe that anyone would think that banning these discussions is a good idea.
Part of the reason is that it could often involve shenanigans. The one in question was blunt and cut and dry however.
 

LikeRedHeads

Active member
Jul 8, 2011
2,474
11
38
And really there is no health benefit in knowing if somebody provides BBFS, because if you're against BBFS, then you'll be using exactly the kinds of precautions needed with these girls, to prevent ever getting a disease from them.
The risk of STDs with a girl offering regularly BBFS is much much higher than with a safe SP. Now, just like the majority of you I like to partake in BBBJ. But with an SP who is offering BBFS the risk of STDs from BBBJ becomes also VERY high. I would say that the probability that the SP offering BBFS has an STD is close to 100% (remember these girls are seeing tons of guys without knowing the sexual history of those guys). Plus, if you get unlucky and the condom breaks, then good luck if you are doing it with a risky SP offering BBFS.

For me, minimizing my risk and the risk to the safe SPs I visit is more important than the reputation of the risky SPs offering BBFS. After all, if they are offering it, we should not bother not to hurt their reputation.

Now for those who are referring to banning discussions because of slander and what not, we can maintain banning discussions, but at least can we have a section where hobbyists can mention who offered them BBFS. And like reviews, people can decide for themselves if the poster is legit and trusted enough to take the warning seriously.
 

Capital Amatuer

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2004
1,170
679
113
Overall, it's probably better not to disclose, simply because those individuals, quietly looking for BBFS will benefit more from the information than those individuals trying to minimize their own risk, which they can do by simply using condoms.
Sadly, I agree with this comment. The perpetrators will benefit more.
 

LikeRedHeads

Active member
Jul 8, 2011
2,474
11
38
I fail to see why that matters if those of us who wish to play safer (SPs and clients alike) are at a reduced risk because of this information...in other words what you call a "benefit" is anything but that to most of us.
Totally agree. Plus those who want BBFS are very willing to go through ALL the ads of BP to find the SPs offering BBFS. I don't think they would rely on Terb to have that information. I am sure even as we type a lot of risky hobbyists know much more than us who is offering BBFS. So we are not revealing much to them really by disclosing the information on risky SPs.
We, on the other hand will not go through all the BP ads to find safe SPs because we are assuming all of them are safe (unless we have a disclosed list of risky SPs). So we are already disadvantaged compared to those risky hobbyists if we don't reveal the info on risky SPs.
 

LikeRedHeads

Active member
Jul 8, 2011
2,474
11
38
If we know of a violent pimp, it's ok to report him on Terb for the benefit of hobbysists and SPs.
If there is an SP who is a scammer, it's ok to report her on Terb for the benefit of hobbysists and SPs.
if there is an SP who is dangerous, it's ok to report her on Terb for the benefit of hobbysists and SPs.

But if there is an SP who is a threat to public health by providing BBFS, then it's NOT ok to report her on Terb for the benefit of hobbysists and SPs.

We need more logic and consistency in the rules.

By not reporting the risky SPs, it looks like (even if it's not) Terb is protecting those risky SPs.
 

LikeRedHeads

Active member
Jul 8, 2011
2,474
11
38
Whiteman you are naïve for 5 things:
1. Yes there was a website discussing BBFS and SPs offering BBFS. Don't know about that site anymore.
2. If you stop talking about BBFS it WONT go away by itself as you mentioned above, because there is unfortunately a demand for it.
3. SWs have disappeared (so to speak) NOT because of a forum like this one but because of the popularity and use of Internet (has nothing to do with Forums).
4. Merb still discusses SW services while Terb doesn't (same owner). They will stop discussing them soon because even Montreal is getting very few action in the SWs scene. SWs did not "disappear"; they are now advertising on BP and other means and don't have to go that often (or not at all) on the streets.
5. I myself have asked some SPs if they provide BBFS so that I can avoid them. But the problem with this strategy is that the SP thinks you are looking for BBFS (it happened to me) and will actually disclose your phone number to other SPs. So your last point does not really solve the problem; it will punish people like me who want to uncover SPs offering BBFS. And this is a real problem. Now I hesitate to ask for BBFS because I am sure the girl would think I am looking for it. And in a way I have to ask the question in that tone because I want the real answer and not a lie from an SP offering BBFS and knowing I hate BBFS so that she will lie and tell me she doesn't provide BBFS (while in fact she does)..

You mention that it is better to hit on the client to stop BBFS. This is what the Conservatives did when they decided on the new prostitution bill. The old law was hitting on the prostitute. If you want to be effective you will probably have to hit on both (but you will have to live with the consequences of your act).

Same applies to BBFS: if you want to be "effective" you should hit on both. But since the info on the hobbyist is not public since he is not advertising as hobbyist, you have only one option: hit on the SP. Not a choice really, but practicality.
 
Ashley Madison
Toronto Escorts