Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 39

Thread: Biggest Threat to Canada? US Lack of Preparation for Pandemic

  1. #1

    Biggest Threat to Canada? US Lack of Preparation for Pandemic

    Forget this talk of China...itís the US lack of preparedness for this outbreak that presents the biggest threat to Canada...especially southern Ontario.

    Our economy is completely dependent on cross border trade. How many infected Yanks will we have to deal with because of their dismal response?

  2. #2
    Never Been Justly Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hooterville
    Posts
    40,395
    US has more hospital beds and doctors per capita than Canada?

    Have you stopped travel from China and Europe, are you closing schools and universities?


    At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    US has more hospital beds and doctors per capita than Canada?



    Have you stopped travel from China and Europe, are you closing schools and universities?
    Ontario:8500 coronavirus tests. Ohio: 350 coronavirus tests

    More Drs and hospital beds? Boy, are you going to need them.

    It’s a f-ing embarrassment.
    Last edited by Liminal; 03-15-2020 at 05:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    US has more hospital beds and doctors per capita than Canada?

    Have you stopped travel from China and Europe, are you closing schools and universities?
    The US waited too long to deal with this. The results are going to be worse than Italy. There are several cases now of Canadians returning from the US with COVID-19. It is rampant there and going to get worse and is a threat to Canada.
    US: 62 dead from COVID-19
    Canada: 1 dead
    More doctors in the US? Yes, but huge numbers, 10s of millions, more than the entire population of Canada, cannot afford them. Result: infection and death rates will soar. This disaster will speak volumes about the failure of the American health care system and the failure of the political system to deal with that.
    Tell me how effective the closing of US borders was when the cases and deaths in the US exceed those in China.
    The US spent 2.5 TRILLION dollars on the war in Iraq instead of investing that at home on health care and social programs. Idiots. They vote for imbeciles for presidents. Bush? Trump? Biden? OMFG!!

  5. #5
    These are the returning lines from Europe at O’Hare.

    Let’s hope no one in this crowd has it. Because if they do, you just spread it to everyone nearby.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    US has more hospital beds and doctors per capita than Canada?
    USA and Canada has about the same numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._hospital_beds
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    USA and Canada has about the same numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._hospital_beds
    Of course, in USA the hospital beds are reserved for the richest 60% of the people.

    Sadly, USA will be harder hit than necessary, because of the lack of universal health care. Many poor people without insurance or high co-payments, in addition to the undocumented people, will not seek medical care and that will increase the spread of the virus .

    Inequality has a way of coming back to hurt you.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

  8. #8
    Thousands leave Miami cruise without screening despite earlier passenger testing positive for COVID-19: report

    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...lier-passenger

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by havingfun View Post
    This disaster will speak volumes about the failure of the American health care system and the failure of the political system to deal with that.


    The US spent 2.5 TRILLION dollars on the war in Iraq instead of investing that at home on health care and social programs. Idiots.

    They vote for imbeciles for presidents. Bush? Trump? Biden? OMFG!!

    Well said.
    ď... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.Ē

    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

  10. #10
    No
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    way out there
    Posts
    9,558
    Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    USA and Canada has about the same numbers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._hospital_beds
    Canada has "almost' as many beds but your report shows Canada at 91.6% occupancy vs only 64% for US. US has lots of unused capacity per 1000 compared to Canada. Canada is not far behind the US in cases per 1M so that occupancy stat does not bode well for Canada. Regardless which country has it better or worse, it is hardly a competition. I would imagine if either country had facilities or medical help they could spare they would help the other.
    swollen member

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    'He's an idiot': critics say Trump has failed the US in this test of reassurance

    Perhaps Trumpís greatest blunder was turning down the offer of a German-made diagnostic test approved by the World Health Organization and taken up by many countries. The US governmentís own painfully slow progress led to a nationwide shortage of test kits at the most critical moment. It was reported that just 11,000 tests have been conducted in America so far, whereas South Korea is carrying out 10,000 tests per day.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ponse-trump-us

    Trump is an arrogant person who thinks that the USA have it all to sort a problem. Yes, the USA is now the biggest threat to this Pandemic as they probably will have numerous Americans heading North of the border to try and get screened. The USA are pathetical behind in this area. Canada are way ahead in the number of tests undertaken when compared to the USA!!


    Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

  12. #12
    Area 51 Escapee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuck in Lodi again
    Posts
    950
    Very little screening is being done at Pearson airport either. We are really no better than the U.S.

    Trudeau says that more will be implemented, but it will be too little and far too late. Blame Trump all you want but the problem is in hiding in Ottawa

    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/traveller...ning-1.4853800

    "Six agents on duty, zero screening, no masks, no sanitizer in site, ď traveller Glen Canning wrote on Twitter late Saturday. ďThis is as unsafe as it can get.Ē

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is the chaos at Chicago Airport and it defeats the whole notion of large gatherings that makes it even more dangerous. Fact is Canada has tested 10 times more individuals than the USA!!

    Madhouse': Travelers face airport chaos as U.S. tries to implement coronavirus screening

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ut3tlB...e%22%3A2973%7D

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...its-s-n1159396

    Nothing to do with "Hiding" in Ottawa, when you are following the directions of the Medical Experts unlike Trump who at the beginning stated that there will be zero patients in a weeks time. That was the most terrible statement by any world leader!!


    Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

  14. #14
    Area 51 Escapee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuck in Lodi again
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    This is the chaos at Chicago Airport and it defeats the whole notion of large gatherings that makes it even more dangerous. Fact is Canada has tested 10 times more individuals than the USA!!

    Madhouse': Travelers face airport chaos as U.S. tries to implement coronavirus screening

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B9ut3tlB...e%22%3A2973%7D

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...its-s-n1159396

    Nothing to do with "Hiding" in Ottawa, when you are following the directions of the Medical Experts unlike Trump who at the beginning stated that there will be zero patients in a weeks time. That was the most terrible statement by any world leader!!
    Yep it's all Trumps fault. With you everything always is.

    The chaos at Chicago airport is no different than the chaos at Toronto airport. There will be many new cases coming in with these travelers and will be spread around and they won't be coming from the U.S. Canada was just as ill-prepared as the U.S. was. And at least the President's wife didn't bring back the virus from overseas too.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    hornyville
    Posts
    2,848
    In one month, the United States could have more Covid-19 cases than China.

    In two months, the United States could have over 1 million Covid-19 cases. However, that is an unlikely fact because there is not enough testing facilities so not enough tests will be made.

    They're flying blind.

    That's no good for us.

    And the government here won't even bother giving us a N95 mask!

    No!

    No! NO Masks for you!


    Canadian Citizen: Umm, I like to ask, like you know, since I paid my taxes, can I have a N95 mask, please?

    Civil Servant: No! NO Masks for you! Wear a goalie mask, if you want a mask! (time for smoke break).


  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dickydoem View Post
    Yep it's all Trumps fault. With you everything always is.

    The chaos at Chicago airport is no different than the chaos at Toronto airport. There will be many new cases coming in with these travelers and will be spread around and they won't be coming from the U.S. Canada was just as ill-prepared as the U.S. was. And at least the President's wife didn't bring back the virus from overseas too.
    Absolutely false. Toronto does not have those huge crowds clustered together like they do in Chicago. Ask any expert or airport official. Canada is far more intuitive in the manner in which they trace the ones that have been on flights that have travelled with those who were infected with the virus.

    Listen that is ignorant to blame Trudeau's wife for being infected after she attended a summit in London UK, that was not considered to be a country to have a severe Coronavirus epidemic like say Italy or China at that time. But get your facts right about the crowds and concentrations in the USA's airports as it is a very huge issue with all the Medical Experts in the USA. Canada's airports are more of a deserted place with the ramp down of flights to Canadian Airports!!


    Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

  17. #17
    Area 51 Escapee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuck in Lodi again
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Absolutely false. Toronto does not have those huge crowds clustered together like they do in Chicago. Ask any expert or airport official. Canada is far more intuitive in the manner in which they trace the ones that have been on flights that have travelled with those who were infected with the virus.

    Listen that is ignorant to blame Trudeau's wife for being infected after she attended a summit in London UK, that was not considered to be a country to have a severe Coronavirus epidemic like say Italy or China at that time. But get your facts right about the crowds and concentrations in the USA's airports as it is a very huge issue with all the Medical Experts in the USA. Canada's airports are more of a deserted place with the ramp down of flights to Canadian Airports!!
    See the link I posed than tell me that is not a crowded airport or get your eyesight checked. Obviously your hatred of Trump is blinding you. Trudeau and his minions are just as incompetent as Trump.

    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/traveller...ning-1.4853800

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dickydoem View Post
    See the link I posed than tell me that is not a crowded airport or get your eyesight checked. Obviously your hatred of Trump is blinding you. Trudeau and his minions are just as incompetent as Trump.

    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/traveller...ning-1.4853800
    Again nothing like this one:

    After the Trump administration ordered travel restrictions because of the coronavirus, people arriving at US airports Saturday night faced long waits in dense crowds — the kind of mass gatherings that public health officials have advised against.
    CHICAGO AIRPORT:



    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...hicago-customs

    TORONTO AIRPORT:



    Can you notice the difference between the two airports??

    I have clearly showed you the pictures and links with passengers and health experts bitterly complaining about the lineups at Chicago.

    You really hate Trudeau and try desperately to pick at straws. Canada is doing a much better job than the USA in handling this virus. The no. of tests conducted etc in the USA pales in comparison to Canada!!

    Anyway they removed the photo from your link. From what I gather it was the normal lineup in the checkin counter. So you got that all confused, and you should go and see your ophthalmologist as well!!


    Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

  19. #19
    Area 51 Escapee
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuck in Lodi again
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Again nothing like this one:



    CHICAGO AIRPORT:



    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...hicago-customs

    TORONTO AIRPORT:



    Can you notice the difference between the two airports??

    I have clearly showed you the pictures and links with passengers and health experts bitterly complaining about the lineups at Chicago.

    You really hate Trudeau and try desperately to pick at straws. Canada is doing a much better job than the USA in handling this virus. The no. of tests conducted etc in the USA pales in comparison to Canada!!

    Anyway they removed the photo from your link. From what I gather it was the normal lineup in the checkin counter. So you got that all confused, and you should go and see your ophthalmologist as well!!
    That is not the picture that you will find in the link I posted, but keep posting your fake news. Maybe someone will actually believe your horseshit.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    22,012
    Trudeau should be hung, drawn and quartered - happy now righties?

    The contagion appears to be spreading from Seattle to Vancouver, the Lower Mainland reported a 15% spike in infections. The USA has a for profit health system, most of the infections for people without health insurance wont be reported. The USA could reach Italy levels of contagion unless the HMOs are directed to back off. Russia is slow to report on their contagion.

    And it doesn't end there. The lawsuit against The Affordable Health Act will come before the SC next spring, regardless of who is in power. If it is struck down, the USA faces Ground Zero.

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/supr...tionality.html

    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    22,012
    What will happen should Obamacare be declared unconstitutional.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edi2Wkr5YI

  22. #22
    Norway urges university students to return home from US because of the poorly developed health services in the USA.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...a2a?ri18n=true

    "In 2018 private meeting with lawmakers, President Donald Trump reportedly expressed a desire for more immigrants from Norway after complaining about people moving to the U.S. from “shithole countries,” and naming Africa and Haiti, according to one of those present."

    Twitter reacts:
    Remember when Trump asked why America couldn't pull more immigrants from countries like Norway?
    Now we know for sure. Because Norway considers America to be a shithole country.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    What will happen should Obamacare be declared unconstitutional.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edi2Wkr5YI
    Yes.

    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

    Nov 8, 2013
    Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,024
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dickydoem View Post
    That is not the picture that you will find in the link I posted, but keep posting your fake news. Maybe someone will actually believe your horseshit.
    You posted a picture of the check in counter for those leaving Toronto to go back to their countries. This is the latest true picture of how deserted the arrivals are in Toronto Pearson Airport.
    You just cannot stand the real facts. But keep on making excuses for the biggest screw up and compromising the health of those arriving at Chicago. Jeez!!


    Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •