Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: What to do?

Coronavirus: What to do?

I heard a guy call a radio talk show yesterday and complained that his whole family are having flue like symptoms and they tried to call different health departments in the city and could not get a straight answer as to what to do. Some said that there should be special departments open in certain hospitals but are not sure how to reach them or if they were even open.

So since our 3 levels of government has totally failed us, federal, provincial and municipal, I thought that we can share some information here.

The best two numbers I have that you could possibly call are:

Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000
    24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week

MedVisit
    Doctors Housecall Services
    Fully covered by OHIP
    416-631-3000

braziliznguy just posted this link in another thread:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/what-to-k...-gta-1.4852831

it's about locations of assessment centers in the GTA.

Jessica Rain posted this link to check out if you are interested in seeing how many people are infected every day.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...infection.html

Online Doctors:

https://www.getmaple.ca/
    Last edited by JuanGoodman; 03-16-2020 at 04:13 PM.
    The complex harmony of how the human body seems to function in order to just exist is in stark contrast to what most people actually do with it! I mean, life is nothing but a wonder, living it is often ludicrous!

Take a tylenol, drink a lot of fluids and flip to Netflix. A typical flue runs 5-7 days. If no one is in a genuine respiratory distress, there's no need to go to a hospital or even to contact the family doctor. The problem is, with all the hoopla, everybody thinks they have it as soon as their noses start running.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

COVID Symptoms:

Most Common:
    Fever
    Dry cough
    Shortness of breath

Sometimes:
    Headache
    Aches and pains
    Sore throat
    Fatigue

Rare:
    Diarrhea
    Runny nose

Never:
    Sneezing

Note that 80% of infected people will experience only minor symptoms.

Regardless, buy lots of toilet paper for your dirty ass.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

Good info guys.

Are there any special phone numbers that people can call in case there are genuinely concerned. Maybe they have elderly parents or are elderly themselves.
    The complex harmony of how the human body seems to function in order to just exist is in stark contrast to what most people actually do with it! I mean, life is nothing but a wonder, living it is often ludicrous!

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    Take a tylenol, drink a lot of fluids and flip to Netflix. A typical flue runs 5-7 days. If no one is in a genuine respiratory distress, there's no need to go to a hospital or even to contact the family doctor. The problem is, with all the hoopla, everybody thinks they have it as soon as their noses start running.
    I know, it's a fear factor 24/7. But that's why there should be at least some information as to how to deal with this. Just scaring people isn't the answer. Maybe you or I will not freak out but I'm sure there are many people that will reach their limit. Look whats going on in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanGoodman View Post
    I know, it's a fear factor 24/7. But that's why there should be at least some information as to how to deal with this. Just scaring people isn't the answer. Maybe you or I will not freak out but I'm sure there are many people that will reach their limit. Look whats going on in the stores.
    I agree 100% But, once the herd embraces fear the only things that can stop them are a cliff or the time. In this case, since there is no cliff as most will survive-even despite themselves- we'll just have to wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    I agree 100% But, once the herd embraces fear the only things that can stop them are a cliff or the time. In this case, since there is no cliff as most will survive-even despite themselves- we'll just have to wait it out.
    That very well may be but I'm talking about now and what can someone do if they have a real concern? I heard that there is suppose to be special hot line dedicated to this. I thought that someone here might know about it.

No
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6668233/p...s-coronavirus/

Jammed public health phone lines leave Canadians in the dark
    swollen member

This from WHO :

The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

braziliznguy just posted this link in another thread:

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/what-to-k...-gta-1.4852831

it's about locations of assessment centers in the GTA.

Very important thread, needs to be bumped.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

Is there a site that tells us how many new cases in Ontario everyday? Its hard to keep track with the radio , you don't know if the 22 new ones are in one day or in the last few days. Just to know how its spreading...

I don't think anyone really knows. No testing is being done except those that make it to a hospital. Most cases are mild and probably being treated as an ordinary cold while spreading it. Mild symptoms or not, it may cause depleted long-term lung functionality.

Fabulously Full Figured Jessica Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twister View Post
    Is there a site that tells us how many new cases in Ontario everyday? Its hard to keep track with the radio , you don't know if the 22 new ones are in one day or in the last few days. Just to know how its spreading...

Updates every day twice a day

If you check yourself daily, you will know the numbers.

For example, Friday morning had Ontario listed at 60 cases. It is now 103. It was 79 yesterday. So 20 a day last two days
    Fabulously Full Figured Fun

Jessica Rain

Want to see to it all ~ FansOfRain.com
    ~ Content now LIVE!!! ~

Week/monthly packages available

Twitter: @MsJessicaRainSP

Thanks Jessica!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rain View Post

For example, Friday morning had Ontario listed at 60 cases. It is now 103. It was 79 yesterday. So 20 a day last two days
    Ok thanks so I'll write them down with the date this way I'll know ..

Blog Entries

The numbers are understated as they are not testing people who have travelled outside the country; they are told to self isolate for 14 days.

No sneezing but people get infected by others sneezing?

Ontario only stats:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-nov...irus#section-0

As of right now:

140 active
    5 resolved
    0 deaths

What should I do if I believe I've already had it? I had all the symptoms and was bed ridden; a first for me. It was about 4 weeks ago, but I've never felt so piss poor in my memory... Since I've not been in mainland China, I thought I just got smacked with a killer Cold/Flu combination. My wife got it too, but was over it much faster. Same for my mother-in-law. My kids were unaffected.

(PS - I stayed away from the hobby during the entire time. I'm horny as fuck and wondering if I should venture out yet or not).
    -Goodoer

"I might just reverse my vasectomy for a lady who does this...

I've never seen that site update twice, just once each morning. And it always seems to lag by a day.

For example, as of today Ontario had the highest single-day spike of 39 new cases bringing the provincial total to 142 confirmed cases, not 103. (103 was yesterday)

But it won't be reflected on the canada.ca site until tomorrow morning at 8am and that's the same number it will close with.

Global News has been reporting the most accurate up-to-date stats.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6649164/c...navirus-cases/

"As of March 15, there are 299 confirmed cases of COVID-19 — the illness caused by the novel coronavirus — in Canada, according to Health Canada and provincial health officials.

Ontario announced 39 new cases on March 15 to bring its provincial total to 142. Some patients that contracted the virus had a travel history to Egypt, U.S., and England, while others contracted COVID-19 through close contact. Most of the new cases are from the Toronto area.

Editors note: These numbers will continue to update as they are confirmed by Global News."
    "We are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States. But we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants into this country." -- BARACK OBAMA

ON IGNORE: FRANKFOOTER aka GROGGY aka FLUBADUB and who knows how many other handles banned for trolling/anti-Semitism.

Follow the government advice to the letter: go home and hope you don’t die.

Key point in the GlobalNews article:

"Ontario announced 32 new cases on March 15 to bring its provincial total to 142. Some patients that contracted the virus had a travel history to Egypt, U.S., and England, while others contracted COVID-19 through close contact. Most of the new cases are from the Toronto area."

Peterborough caught a case today.

If Canada maintains 20% growth, in 30 days, our 249 cases will have grown to 59,106 cases. But if our growth rate was same 33% as elsewhere, we would have 1,293,447 cases
    https://twitter.com/ianjamesyoung70/...29330103783424

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast