Thread: Changes at Flow 93.5

Astute Observer

Changes at Flow 93.5

Mastermind posted this message on both Twitter and Instagram on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/Mastermind/statu...22974908727297

Now comes word that Peter Kash and Blake Carter are being moved from mornings to afternoons. I'm not a regular listener to the station, but being the only "hip hop" station in the market, this is a bit alarming.

Mastermind followed up with this on Wednesday:

https://twitter.com/Mastermind/statu...93975794372612
    If you got it, a truck brought it.

Just go to Flow's website and you'll get the answer

This is about as big of an upgrade you can get in radio right now.

Half Man Half Amazing
    So they're going to syndicate the Breakfast Club from New York. I guess CRTC loosened the Canadian content rules. I don't listen to Flow anyway Sirius XM for me.

I shine and rise at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    So they're going to syndicate the Breakfast Club from New York. I guess CRTC loosened the Canadian content rules. I don't listen to Flow anyway Sirius XM for me.
    https://www.siriusxm.com/channelline...minternetradio

monthly fees for american content is a rip off
    Ignore: Frankfooter

Steph from Vixens

I'm a western woman. Here is what i've learned, both in my own life and from what my girlfriends tell me.
    Women want a man that is worthy of their RESPECT. Period. It doesn't matter to most of us if you drive a fancy car, or if you're 6 feet tall or if you make a gazillion dollars. We want to respect you. As MEN.

https://private.kinky-blogging.com/ is back online!

back up https://canadaman2019.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by curr3n_c1000 View Post
    Just go to Flow's website and you'll get the answer

This is about as big of an upgrade you can get in radio right now.
    The Breakfast Club show is already played on Flow on Saturday mornings for a long time now. A lot of changes to the station over the years from old school to new school and back again. I think CTV owns it.
    Uh shorty, turn it around lemme see somethin
    F****n with me for real, it's gone be somethin
    Yea, I'm talkin lights, camera, action
    Had me singin "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson"

Astute Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcheeks View Post
    I think CTV owns it.
    Two owners ago, it's now part of Stingray.
    If you got it, a truck brought it.

I don’t listen to radio anymore. Now, I just Bluetooth music playlists from my phone when I’m driving.

However, I do feel sad that Flow 93.5 is headed in this direction. I know it’s a costs savings measure to replace live talent with a syndicated program, but Toronto’s hip hop scene is so robust and vibrant. We need Toronto-based on air talent to nurture, support, and promote our local artists. Charlamagne Tha God is too far removed. He probably only knows Drake, The Weeknd, and Daniel Caesar.

I'll miss Blake's Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardG2020 View Post
    I don’t listen to radio anymore. Now, I just Bluetooth music playlists from my phone when I’m driving.

However, I do feel sad that Flow 93.5 is headed in this direction. I know it’s a costs savings measure to replace live talent with a syndicated program, but Toronto’s hip hop scene is so robust and vibrant. We need Toronto-based on air talent to nurture, support, and promote our local artists. Charlamagne Tha God is too far removed. He probably only knows Drake, The Weeknd, and Daniel Caesar.
    Charlemagne Tha God may leave The Breakfast Club soon, those rumors have been gaining steam as of late.

Most Americans and Canadians outside the city don't know the cultural differences of the urban scene in Toronto, as opposed to that south of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by roadhog View Post
    Mastermind posted this message on both Twitter and Instagram on Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/Mastermind/statu...22974908727297

Now comes word that Peter Kash and Blake Carter are being moved from mornings to afternoons. I'm not a regular listener to the station, but being the only "hip hop" station in the market, this is a bit alarming.

Mastermind followed up with this on Wednesday:

https://twitter.com/Mastermind/statu...93975794372612
    This station hasn't been a real hip hop station for around 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
    This station hasn't been a real hip hop station for around 15 years.
    It's better than the Pop/Rock music stations, lol.

Tell them to stop playing so much Sean Paul. He's perhaps the least talented artist the world has ever heard.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

Quote Originally Posted by mrcheeks View Post
    The Breakfast Club show is already played on Flow on Saturday mornings for a long time now. A lot of changes to the station over the years from old school to new school and back again. I think CTV owns it.
    Flow was the first Canadian Urban Station. Now that the market has opened up to the Genre, they kind of lost their identity. They're not really cultural based, not hardcore hiphop/RnB, not fully throwback, not fully Pop.

It's a big upgrade in terms of Brand, but it's not homegrown. I just hope they don't force this down our throats like Steve Harvey on 93.7

This sucks .

Mastermind is a legend & I know for sure ill miss "daddy-o-kee" and the many interesting topics he discussed.

I do love the breakfast club but this is the only Canadian station dedicated to hip hop.. I don't want them to ruin it .

I guess we will just have to see what happens.
    Quality Over Quantity; Always
    Sweetiexo

From listening in on mornings since Monday, it seems that Blake and Peter are still doing mornings (for now). I didn't get an official reason/story. Although COVID-19 is a unique situation that can affect everything.
    Uh shorty, turn it around lemme see somethin
    F****n with me for real, it's gone be somethin
    Yea, I'm talkin lights, camera, action
    Had me singin "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson"

Quote Originally Posted by Smallcock View Post
    Tell them to stop playing so much Sean Paul. He's perhaps the least talented artist the world has ever heard.
    He's one of the few dancehall artists that those from the Non-Urban crowd know about, and can even understand. His music isn't played on G 98.7 as he doesn't resonate with the Caribbean community very much. Some of his earlier music was not bad, before he was famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallcock View Post
    No he isn't! As if you haven't heard of Vanilla Ice or Snow. But he is a rip off of Super Cat, and since his good early years he now comes off as Jamaican as Snow is.