Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Emergency - declared by trump

National Emergency - declared by trump

trump declares a National Emergency.
    In his speech, he states: "National Emergency... two very big words".
    For him I suppose.
    What a pathetic excuse for a world leader.

Quote Originally Posted by apoptygma View Post
    For him I suppose.
    The national emergency started on January 20, 2017 when Trump was sworn into office.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnFan View Post
    The national emergency started on January 20, 2017 when Trump was sworn into office.
    And he no doubt didn't know what those 'two very big words' meant back then (I'm not suggesting that he knows what they mean now)... a year later he fired the entire Pandemic Response Team.

Nitpicker Extraordinaire
    Blog Entries
    a year later he fired the entire Pandemic Response Team.
    I will only half-jokingly say that he was justified to fire them because he probably wouldn't have listened to them anyways.

... a year later he fired the entire Pandemic Response Team.
    I'm not clear on this. I thought some bureaucrats of the National Security Council were relieved or resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by WyattEarp View Post
    I'm not clear on this. I thought some bureaucrats of the National Security Council were relieved or resigned.
    I it appears to be true that Trump fired them, because they had not been needed for many years.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    I it appears to be true that Trump fired them, because they had not been needed for many years.
    My point was they did not seem to be medical/scientific experts. From a political perspective, they will be whatever anyone wants them to be.

Hell, Trump could have fired Dr. Jonas Salk if you want to believe. I am personally not too concerned about the shuffling and re-shuffling of bureaucrats. I am more concerned about the decisions regarding testing kits. And on that, I'm fairly sure this was a decision (or non-decision) made many years ago.

Blog Entries
    But Trump in his press conference not so long ago stated that there were just 10 cases or so and it will be all over in a weeks time. That is zero cases.

He was 100% right in this matter (ask the Trumpistas), so why now declare a National Emergency??

Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay at Home

Quote Originally Posted by WyattEarp View Post
    My point was they did not seem to be medical/scientific experts. From a political perspective, they will be whatever anyone wants them to be.

Hell, Trump could have fired Dr. Jonas Salk if you want to believe. I am personally not to concerned about the shuffling and re-shuffling of bureaucrats. I am more concerned about the decisions regarding testing kits. And on that, I'm fairly sure this was a decision (or non-decision) made many years ago.
    Trump fired the pandemic response team.
    Trump cut funding for the CDC.
    Trump ordered the CDC not to speak publicly and ordered the CDC to make their own kits and not used those designed by the WHO.
    Then Trump stalled testing in order to keep the numbers low.
    Even now Trump's budget still wants a 9% cut to the CDC.
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trump...........ordered the CDC to make their own kits and not used those designed by the WHO.
    Are you seriously reading the stuff you post? The button below says "Post Quick Reply" but you can still proofread. Now do you really think Trump is making decisions about who makes test kits?

Dr. Fauci said the U.S. was (and has never been) set up to do universal testing. He admitted that was a strategic mistake.

Most of your post is hyperbolic rhetoric that doesn't fairly represent the challenges the U.S. and the World are facing with the virus.

No
    Obama 2009: Waited until 1,000 Americans died from H1N1 before declaring a National Emergency. 12,469 Americans died as a result
    Trump 2020: Declares National Emergency due to COVID-19 as @ 50 Americans have died so far
    swollen member

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trump fired the pandemic response team.
    Trump cut funding for the CDC.
    Trump ordered the CDC not to speak publicly and ordered the CDC to make their own kits and not used those designed by the WHO.
    Then Trump stalled testing in order to keep the numbers low.
    Even now Trump's budget still wants a 9% cut to the CDC.
    All lies which have been debunked. Try again.

I shine and rise at the same time.

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    Obama 2009: Waited until 1,000 Americans died from H1N1 before declaring a National Emergency. 12,469 Americans died as a result
    Trump 2020: Declares National Emergency due to COVID-19 as @ 50 Americans have died so far
    This is a far more serious flu strain as its highly contagious and more lethal than H1N1. If deaths are limited to less than those who died from H1N1, Trump and his closest advisers should be awarded Nobel prizes.

I shine and rise at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    This is a far more serious flu strain as its highly contagious and more lethal than H1N1. If deaths are limited to less than those who died from H1N1, Trump and his closest advisers should be awarded Nobel prizes.
    Maybe Trudeau should get the Nobel Peace Prize, as it is significantly lower than the USA, taking the difference in population etc into account!!

Denmark has closed air, sea and land borders.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

No
    Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    Denmark has closed air, sea and land borders.
    Hope it's not too late, they have the 6th highest rate of infection in the world ......

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    swollen member

Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    Hope it's not too late, they have the 6th highest rate of infection in the world ......

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    High numbers per capita, but the numbers are accurate, like in Canada.

Missing since AD 393
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Maybe Trudeau should get the Nobel Peace Prize, as it is significantly lower than the USA, taking the difference in population etc into account!!

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    All lies which have been debunked. Try again.
    Could you point to those debunkings? Because outside of who specifcially made the decision the CDC shouldn't use the WHO test (I agree it is unlikely this was Trump himself) these all seem to be accurate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Medman52 View Post
    Trump is doing what a world class leader should be doing to protect its citizens. Trudeau is an impotent wimp.
    Sure, that's why the markets are celebrating his latest moves.

Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert

For him I suppose.
    Is ths is a pathetic excuse for a world leader? https://www.cnsnews.com/article/wash...icans-affected

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast