Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man with gun at Loblaws

Man with gun at Loblaws

Just in , at the Queen and Portland Loblaws, a man who pulled out a gun in a fight has been arrested by police, no more details.

I guess he was fighting with someone else over toilet paper!

all kidding aside, more details:

a man, accused another man of staring at him, he denied it and it continued. The accusee took out his cell phone to record the accuser's erratic behaviour, accuser then pulled out a gun. Loblaws staff members disarmed the man and held him for police.
    Last edited by unassuming; 03-13-2020 at 06:21 PM.

lmfao...people be tripping

now is the time to avoid crowded places. Not because of corona, but because people are feeling threatened based on their basic survival need, therefore even the smaller of triggers will push them over the edge.

Just be careful out there and be mindful that this is the first time many people are feeling threatened and the only time most of them saw what it means is through movies meaning their perception of reality and events is fucked up. You don’t want to unnecessarily be victim to their episodes.

Wait till the food runs out, Toronto will turn into a total zombie apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    Wait till the food runs out, Toronto will turn into a total zombie apocalypse
    Bro I said it before need to stock up and flamethrowers and fuel for the tanks. I heard zombie don’t like the heat too much.

Quote Originally Posted by |2 /-\ | /|/ View Post
    Bro I said it before need to stock up and flamethrowers and fuel for the tanks. I heard zombie don’t like the heat too much
    I'm locked and loaded

Bought groceries today. The meat shelves are almost empty. Only the items they marked up are left. If everyone stays home and hunkers down that's a good thing.

I have enough food stocked for 5 to 6 months now but I ordered $100 worth of beer and they were out Of stock. I’m going to have to find another beer delivery maybe the LCBO app

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Bought groceries today. The meat shelves are almost empty. Only the items they marked up are left. If everyone stays home and hunkers down that's a good thing.
    Loblaws, no frills, walmart, metro are all laughing their way to the bank. jacked up prices are on basic foods like bread, rice and canned goods... meat products (not canned) have shorter expiry dates...if you fill up a cart of those...you have about a week to consume.

Must've been another one of those "legal" gun owners.

It was time for a change!

old member
    Quote Originally Posted by richaceg View Post
    Loblaws, no frills, walmart, metro are all laughing their way to the bank. jacked up prices are on basic foods like bread, rice and canned goods... meat products (not canned) have shorter expiry dates...if you fill up a cart of those...you have about a week to consume.
    No they didn't jack up anything they're being watched too closely

Quote Originally Posted by richaceg View Post
    Other than canned ham and corned beef, all the canned meat doesn’t taste good. I’m finding it better to freeze the meat and get canned veg. If you freeze cold cuts they’ll last for 6 months, steaks for a year.

I post, therefore I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Deeds View Post
    No they didn't jack up anything they're being watched too closely
    All on sale items were cleared out, especially TP. You have to buy regular price items.
    $10 for 24 TP.......... SINGLE PLY!!!!
    Orange is the new Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbons#1 View Post
    Other than canned ham and corned beef, all the canned meat doesn’t taste good. I’m finding it better to freeze the meat and get canned veg. If you freeze cold cuts they’ll last for 6 months, steaks for a year.
    How's your freezer make out if the electricity fails?

Quote Originally Posted by james t kirk View Post
    How's your freezer make out if the electricity fails?
    And what are the odds of that in a fullblown pandemic??

Could Pickering go offline or even into a meltdown if too many employees are off sick??

Therr were a few shootings last night. I think this pandemic will make people crazier, the warm weather hasn't even started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by unassuming View Post
    Just in , at the Queen and Porter Loblaws, a man who pulled out a gun in a fight has been arrested by police, no more details.

I guess he was fighting with someone else over toilet paper!

all kidding aside, more details:

a man, accused another man of staring at him, he denied it and it continued. The accusee took out his cell phone to record the accuser's erratic behaviour, accuser then pulled out a gun. Loblaws staff members disarmed the man and held him for police.
    Queen and Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Queen and Portland.
    Thank you

Food is not going to run out, in Italy after the initial rush at the supermarkets people are now allowed to go out and buy food. They're in line, but they have food. I went to Walmart this evening and everything is there...We have our own food, soon will be spring and fresh stuff will come from the US and Mexico.

Arch-Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
    Therr were a few shootings last night. I think this pandemic will make people crazier, the warm weather hasn't even started yet.
    I think that has more to do with the proximity of 3 nasty ass homeless drop-ins than CVoid.

Probably a disagreement over climate change.

"...for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again. For everything to be consummated, for me to feel less alone, I had only to wish that there be a large crowd of spectators the day of my execution and that they greet me with cries of hate."

CP24's Steve Ryan interviewed one of the employees that physically stopped the guy. The guy was coughing during the interview and Ryan still shook his hand before he stopped interviewing him....not the smartest move these days...

Anyways it sounds like the guy just went into the store to cause trouble, according to the employee. He had no shopping cart and was wearing a rolled up ski mask.

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/man...lice-1.4852196

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C. McNasty View Post
    And what are the odds of that in a fullblown pandemic??

Could Pickering go offline or even into a meltdown if too many employees are off sick??
    People turn on a light and the light illuminates and people figure that is just how it works. There is this thing called electricity that they just take for granted.

People wake up in the morning and take shit and the shit goes away and people think "of course" and take it for granted too.

Little do people realize that electricity and water and sanitary sewers are living thing that require thousands of humans directly working to keep the systems working and tens of thousands of indirectly employed people working to keep the systems working.

It doesn't just happen.

For example, the purification of Lake water into potable water. There is a massive infrastructure that must be run by humans and maintained on a never ending basis. Chlorine is brought in by railways from plants that make chlorine. Pumps have to be service, watermains crack and break every day. The list is endless.

The systems are not automated and cannot function on their own.

So yes, imagine your life with no electricity and no running water and no sewers and no garbage collection.

It will go full on lord of the flies in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by james t kirk View Post
    People turn on a light and the light illuminates and people figure that is just how it works. There is this thing called electricity that they just take for granted.

People wake up in the morning and take shit and the shit goes away and people think "of course" and take it for granted too.

Little do people realize that electricity and water and sanitary sewers are living thing that require thousands of humans directly working to keep the systems working and tens of thousands of indirectly employed people working to keep the systems working.

It doesn't just happen.

For example, the purification of Lake water into potable water. There is a massive infrastructure that must be run by humans and maintained on a never ending basis. Chlorine is brought in by railways from plants that make chlorine. Pumps have to be service, watermains crack and break every day. The list is endless.

The systems are not automated and cannot function on their own.

So yes, imagine your life with no electricity and no running water and no sewers and no garbage collection.

It will go full on lord of the flies in about a week
    What the City will have to do is rotate staff. Because if they let everyone come into work at once there's a good chance almost everyone else will get infected at some point by just one infected person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast