Thread: Bernie Madoff applies for release from prison on compassionate medical grounds

A sadder and a wiser man.

Thumbs down Bernie Madoff applies for release from prison on compassionate medical grounds

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/busin...est/index.html

"I'm dying" got less than 18 months left with renal failure and a bunch of other stuff. Not getting much sympathy from the thousands he swindled of their life savings.

Blog Entries
    Is he buddies with trump?

If he is and trump pardons him, his cult will totally back him.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Is he buddies with trump?

If he is and trump pardons him, his cult will totally back him.
    as long as bernie makes a donation to one of herr drumpf's PACs.
    ..."Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words -- imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists..."

Maybe people should look into who was the clearing house for all of Bernie's trades for all those decades. Maybe someone at the SEC can explain how Bernie was allowed to deposit millions of dollars in cash every day with no questions asked. Maybe someone at the DOJ and FBI can explain how two of Bernie's sons just happened to commit suicide.

But no...Bernie's bad. Maybe Trump will pardon him. That's the best you can come up with ?

Do I have to give you the answer ?

I'm all for releasing Bernie from prison.

Just so long as it's feet first inside of a plywood box.

This reminds me of that Libyan terrorist the Scottish released after he was 6 or 7 years in on a life sentence. Supposedly the dude had a few weeks to live. Ended up living another 3 or 4 years (if I recall correctly).

Bernie is a fuck wad and I find it laughable that he figures he's entitled to a pass at this juncture. Fuck him.

How about this, Bernie? You pay back all the money you stole, then we’ll let you out. A man who showed no compassion for the people he victimized doesn’t deserve compassion from them.

Some very large institutions including RBC invested in his scheme. They should also be investigated. How do such large organizations make such stupid investment decisions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ent_Securities

A sadder and a wiser man.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMx4HkhxY3M

Yeah there was actually another fund adviser named Harry Markopolos who was crying wolf about Madoff for ten years. He knew his return numbers were bogus but nobody in the press or SEC would listen. It wasn't until the ponzi collapsed that he got called into Congress to testify.

The documentary about it called "Chasing Madoff" runs on cable once in a while and is worth a look.

We were promised that he will rot in prison until Trump lets him out.

I think a compassionate NO is the right answer.

old member
    He'd probably be dead before he got home and not from natural causes

Blog Entries
    Pete Rose is also asking for reinstatement. Maybe if the did a joint request. They'd look so cute together.

Fuck him, he can rot.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    We were promised that he will rot in prison until Trump lets him out.
    If he gives Trump a kickback, maybe they can work out a "deal"!

Quote Originally Posted by wigglee View Post
    If he gives Trump a kickback, maybe they can work out a "deal"!
    How would that scenario play out? "Here's a cheque Donny. Just don't try to cash it for a while. Should be good in a couple of years."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sleazy View Post
    Maybe people should look into who was the clearing house for all of Bernie's trades for all those decades. Maybe someone at the SEC can explain how Bernie was allowed to deposit millions of dollars in cash every day with no questions asked. Maybe someone at the DOJ and FBI can explain how two of Bernie's sons just happened to commit suicide.

But no...Bernie's bad. Maybe Trump will pardon him. That's the best you can come up with ?

Do I have to give you the answer ?

We already know your answer! ;-)

... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not, he didn't kill anyone. He fleeced some very influential peope, if his health is in such bad shape, he may want a mercy kill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SchlongConery View Post
    We already know your answer! ;-)

Is there a link to show how to turn it into a hat?

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Is there a link to show how to turn it into a hat?

Sorry, but if you are the type that thinks they need one, you'd already know how.
    ... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.

-Neil deGrasse Tyson