Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ‘Shady’ Anti-Teachers’ Union Ads Might Break Election Rules: Taras Natyshak

‘Shady’ Anti-Teachers’ Union Ads Might Break Election Rules: Taras Natyshak

02/03/2020 13:34 EST

‘Shady’ Anti-Teachers’ Union Ads Might Break Election Rules: Taras Natyshak

The ads, placed by a group called “Vaughan Working Families,” accuse teachers’ unions of using kids as pawns.

By Emma Paling

TORONTO — The provincial NDP is calling on Elections Ontario to investigate “shady” advertisements that appeared in major newspapers over the weekend.

“There’s something concerning here,” NDP MPP Taras Natyshak told reporters at Queen’s Park Monday.

Felipe [email protected]

Full-pagers in Star & G&M. Maybe we should ask @SFLecce who’s behind these. Using the moniker of “Working Fams”. Which fams are those, Stephen? The super-rich ones that contribute the max amount they can every yr to your riding assoc?

Reeks of desperation. #ETFO #onlab #onted

10:22 AM - Feb 1, 2020

Twitter Ads info and privacy

178 people are talking about this

“Whoever placed this advertisement had the full intention of causing more chaos ... This does nothing to de-escalate any of the tensions that might exist at the bargaining table. In fact, it escalates the tensions.”

The ads, placed by a mysterious group called “Vaughan Working Families,” show a frowning woman holding a report card graded with a “F” and the message: “Teachers’ Union leaders are risking student success. Children are not pawns.”

All of Ontario’s major teachers’ unions are engaged in rotating strikes or work-to-rule campaigns amidst contentious contract negotiations with the government.

Natyshak, who serves as his party’s ethics critic, alleges the ads break election financing rules because voters in two Ottawa ridings are set to elect new MPPs in byelections on Feb. 27. Any groups that conduct political advertising during election periods are subject to Elections Ontario rules.

Natyshak said there is no evidence to link the ads to the government at this time, but that the ads have “all the hallmarks of a Doug Ford smear campaign.”

Elections Ontario would not confirm whether or not it would investigate the matter, but said that any third party that spends more than $500 on political ads during a by-election campaign must register.

“Political advertising also includes advertising with respect to an issue of public policy during an election for which one or more registered political parties or candidates may also have taken a position,” spokesperson Lisa Camps said by email.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/on...b6bf30f18d338f

They couldn't even spell "Vaughan" right

Or the ads could have been placed by people who are fed up of their kids being used as pawns by the greedy teachers unions.
    Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    Or the ads could have been placed by people who are fed up of their kids being used as pawns by the greedy teachers unions.
    Possible?
    Nah, you and larue couldn't afford them.
    Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool! I will call you later

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Nah, you and larue couldn't afford them.
    But conspiracy theories are cheap enough for you to afford?

I don't know, I'll take your word that they must be cheap, you must have bought a lot of them.

Teacher who retired 2 years ago is receiving in excess 5000 a month in retirement. A teacher who retires in 12 years will recive close to 7000 a month in retirement.

How are these poor folks supposed to live in Canada on a poverty stipend.

These people are so overworked and under paid.

Slave wages, summers off, every single stat holiday and a pittance for a pension. When will public servants get justice.

I don't know, I'll take your word that they must be cheap, you must have bought a lot of them.
    Didn’t you get a good deal on the Russian collusion and Ukraine stories?

Which brings me to the next question: what’s next?

Blog Entries
    As affordable as Your"Globe and Mail / Warren Kinsella / Buffalo Chronicle" thread about Trudeau and The Sexual Allegations against him by his students.

OIC we still are awaiting the day it arrives!!

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals!!

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    As affordable as Your"Globe and Mail / Warren Kinsella / Buffalo Chronicle" thread about Trudeau and The Sexual Allegations against him by his students.

OIC we still are awaiting the day it arrives!!
    We just see things differently right?
    Kokanee!

Quote Originally Posted by drawcoat View Post
    Teacher who retired 2 years ago is receiving in excess 5000 a month in retirement. A teacher who retires in 12 years will recive close to 7000 a month in retirement.
    And if the rest of us put 12% of our salary into a well managed fund with massive buying power, we would be too. I was hoping that the proposed Ontario pension plan would be along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    And if the rest of us put 12% of our salary into a well managed fund with massive buying power, we would be too. I was hoping that the proposed Ontario pension plan would be along those lines.
    And who puts in the rest of their matched contributions? Us.

We can't afford this any longer. Sorry.

And who puts in the rest of their matched contributions? Us.

We can't afford this any longer. Sorry.
    Sure.

Blog Entries
    We just see things differently right?
    Kokanee!
    Boober's booboos!!

Boober's booboos!!
    We can all do better right?

Sure.

We can’t afford ancient proverbs either.

We can’t afford ancient proverbs either.
    Sorry to hear you're so broke.
    Maybe you shouldn't be here reading about these lovely ladies you can't afford.

Blog Entries
    Boober's booboos!!
    Why not!!

Sorry to hear you're so broke.
    Maybe you shouldn't be here reading about these lovely ladies you can't afford.
    Maybe you can send me 40% of your income so I can. Why? Because I think I deserve that and don't want to earn it on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by drawcoat View Post

How are these poor folks supposed to live in Canada on a poverty stipend.

These people are so overworked and under paid.

Slave wages, summers off, every single stat holiday and a pittance for a pension. When will public servants get justice.
    Some or many retired teachers actually can afford to live in Florida, maybe even year-round in which case they don't pay Canadian taxes.

Teachers are spoiled brats and they are teaching our kids to be spoiled brats.

Seems it's not just theory. Paid for by a Ford appointee.
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...er-unions.html

According to the Minister taxpayers are paying over $700mm annually for teachers on sick leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Teachers are spoiled brats and they are teaching our kids to be spoiled brats.
    If a kid is a spoiled brat, it is solely the fault of the parent(s).
    Your child, your responsibility. Full stop.

Possible?
    no
    That mess was written by the Huffington Post
    They could not possibly give any consideration to anyone paying taxes or with kids who should be attending school.
    They could not possibly give any consideration the provinces ever growing unmanageable debt load and continuous deficts.
    Simply because they believe a union has the right to demand a 2% raise of $90K per year and a unions rights must outweigh and trump common sense and anyone's expectations te provinces finances be managed in a responsible manner.

Quote Originally Posted by apoptygma View Post
    If a kid is a spoiled brat, it is solely the fault of the parent(s).
    Your child, your responsibility. Full stop.
    And part of that responsibility is demanding your kids are not saddled with way more than $350 B in provincial debt when they start their career
    Full stop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast