Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 34

Thread: Iran Leaves Nuclear Deal

  1. #1

    Iran Leaves Nuclear Deal

    “Iran said Sunday that it was ending its commitment to limit enrichment of uranium as part of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, more fallout from the U.S. strike that killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani.”

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...illed-n1110636

  2. #2
    Never Been Justly Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hooterville
    Posts
    40,118
    What will Europe do?


    At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    What will Europe do?
    Watch while the US explores their end of empire games.
    Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool! I will call you later

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    What will Europe do?
    If the Iranians start enriching uranium past 20% the Europeans will join the US sanctions against Iran.

    It would not seem in Iran’s interest to drive the Europeans back into a stronger alliance with the US...and their economy would crater even further...

    ...but the Iranians may do it anyway and turn to Russia/China for support???

    Who knows? We’re in uncharted territory.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    If the Iranians start enriching uranium past 20% the Europeans will join the US sanctions against Iran.

    It would not seem in Iran’s interest to drive the Europeans back into a stronger alliance with the US...and their economy would crater even further...

    ...but the Iranians may do it anyway and turn to Russia/China for support???

    Who knows? We’re in uncharted territory.
    True, for all we know they'll make a deal with Putin and/or KJU to buy some nukes to stop the US from threatening them.
    Or they'll just wait for the US to leave Iraq and help run it.
    Don’t be a tough guy. Don’t be a fool! I will call you later

  6. #6
    the Iranians are planning to get revenge for their dead terrorist, we don't know how, but lets assume it would be a terror attack, missile strike, assassination, whatever.

    So after this, it will be the US turn, and the iranian nuclear program (centrifuges, reactor, others) is going to be on top or very high on top of the target list.. so we can expect that in a few weeks, Iran would no longer have the capability to enrich uranium; at least for a few more years

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
    the Iranians are planning to get revenge for their dead terrorist, we don't know how, but lets assume it would be a terror attack, missile strike, assassination, whatever.

    So after this, it will be the US turn, and the iranian nuclear program (centrifuges, reactor, others) is going to be on top or very high on top of the target list.. so we can expect that in a few weeks, Iran would no longer have the capability to enrich uranium; at least for a few more years
    Trump will go after the oil infrastructure and exclude any international commercial concerns doing business with Iran from the American market. Up to the travel bans for their principals.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  8. #8
    Matters little ...they were producing anyways

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    Matters little ...they were producing anyways
    Matters lots.
    Shows how many fucks they give about 'murican opinion.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by apoptygma View Post
    Matters lots.
    Shows how many fucks they give about 'murican opinion.
    Matters lots to you , but they've been producing long time and even before they were hiding and lying about producing. This goes back to Obama .

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    “Iran said Sunday that it was ending its commitment to limit enrichment of uranium as part of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers, more fallout from the U.S. strike that killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani.”

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/i...illed-n1110636
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Watch while the US explores their end of empire games.
    Do either of you care to share your comment on Iran leaving the deal? I mean other than blaming the US that is.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    Matters lots to you , but they've been producing long time and even before they were hiding and lying about producing. This goes back to Obama .
    Well, it should be a non issue... your chosen one left the treaty a long time ago.
    So for you, this should be a non-news day.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    If the Iranians start enriching uranium past 20% the Europeans will join the US sanctions against Iran....
    Normally I would think that but with Trump's ability to unite world leaders (against him), don't know how quickly the UN will move this time.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    ... This goes back to Obama .
    Actually to W (or even Carter).

  15. #15
    as per experts, the Iranians don't have enough enriched uranium for one bomb.

    they can, at most, use what they have for a "dirty bomb", but that would be a waste, I mean, a dirty bomb would kill dozens of people at most

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
    as per experts, the Iranians don't have enough enriched uranium for one bomb.

    they can, at most, use what they have for a "dirty bomb", but that would be a waste, I mean, a dirty bomb would kill dozens of people at most
    Sources please.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,579
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by apoptygma View Post
    Matters lots.
    Shows how many fucks they give about 'murican opinion.
    All the NATO allies etc corroborated what the Intel agencies stated, that Iran were abiding to this Nuclear Deal. Only Trumptard Cult Followers believe otherwise as their leader spews out his lies that they were not:

    https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019...g-nuclear-deal


    On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals!!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
    as per experts, the Iranians don't have enough enriched uranium for one bomb.

    they can, at most, use what they have for a "dirty bomb", but that would be a waste, I mean, a dirty bomb would kill dozens of people at most
    They have a shit load of centrifuges so if they wanted to they could produce one.

    According to the last IAEA report (Nov 2019) says they have 216 kg at 3.67% and 160 kg at 4.5%. My quick mental math has that equivalent to 16 kg at 90% which is enough for 1 bomb and a bit left over.
    https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/f...gov2019-55.pdf

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    All the NATO allies etc corroborated what the Intel agencies stated, that Iran were abiding to this Nuclear Deal. Only Trumptard Cult Followers believe otherwise as their leader spews out his lies that they were not:

    https://www.armscontrol.org/act/2019...g-nuclear-deal
    Not quite according to the IAEA. Their latest report said 1/3 of their Uranium was enriched past 3.67% (civilian reactor grade) and Iran has claimed to be installing advanced centrifuges and reopening their other enrichment facility, all of which were banned under the deal.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    They have a shit load of centrifuges so if they wanted to they could produce one.

    According to the last IAEA report (Nov 2019) says they have 216 kg at 3.67% and 160 kg at 4.5%. My quick mental math has that equivalent to 16 kg at 90% which is enough for 1 bomb and a bit left over.
    https://www.iaea.org/sites/default/f...gov2019-55.pdf
    According to this
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/01...r-bomb-really/

    "Tehran would need 1,050 kilograms of low-enriched uranium to make the core of one bomb, according to Joe Cirincione, the president of the Ploughshares Fund. Then, Iran would have to further enrich it, to 90 percent purity, using centrifuges until it had about 25 kilograms of what is called “highly enriched uranium.”

    so with your #s they are not there yet.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
    According to this
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/01...r-bomb-really/

    "Tehran would need 1,050 kilograms of low-enriched uranium to make the core of one bomb, according to Joe Cirincione, the president of the Ploughshares Fund. Then, Iran would have to further enrich it, to 90 percent purity, using centrifuges until it had about 25 kilograms of what is called “highly enriched uranium.”

    so with your #s they are not there yet.
    As I said (and according to the article), they could do it with their enrichment capacity. They don't have enough to make a bomb RIGHT NOW but have stated they are ramping up their enrichment capacity.
    Experts estimate that it would take about a year for Tehran to enrich enough weapons-grade uranium for a nuclear bomb, also called the “breakout point”—potentially faster if Iran violates other parts of the 2015 accord.
    Also according to the article, before the deal, Iran had enough low grade uranium to make 10 bombs.

    p.s. Other sources say 15 kg, not 25.
    https://www.livescience.com/5752-har...r-weapons.html

  22. #22
    they can't do it now, I doubt they will be able to do it in the next few days or weeks before their revenge and US retaliation

  23. #23
    Never Been Justly Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hooterville
    Posts
    40,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Watch while the US explores their end of empire games.
    So, like WWII then.....


    At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

  24. #24

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •