Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraq's parliament votes to expel US military

Iraq's parliament votes to expel US military

Oh no!

ď Iraq's parliament reportedly voted on Sunday to expel the U.S. military from the country after an American airstrike killed top Iranian military commander Gen. Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad.Ē

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...el-us-military

Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

Never Been Justly Banned
    That’s great news.....

At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    That’s great news.....
    Yep. Merkans are gonna be running those cars on coal pretty soon. Only a matter of time before the Straits of Hormuz close up. Hope you at least make spring time before all that heating oil gets WAY expensive.

That’s great news.....
    Yup. When the Iraqi people are asked to choose between their alliance with the US vs Iran, they are choosing the Iranians.

Good job, POTUS.

#DeathToAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post
    Yep. Merkans are gonna be running those cars on coal pretty soon. Only a matter of time before the Straits of Hormuz close up. Hope you at least make spring time before all that heating oil gets WAY expensive.
    Neither Iran nor Saudi Arabia controls shipping through the Straits of Hormuz, Oman does. Iran can tell the Omanis to remove their tugboats from the Strait, the Omanis then can appeal to the United Nations. Take a look at the map of the Saudi Peninsula, the tip of the Strait is not part of the UAE. Oman is the mediator of the Persian Gulf.

Oman is the Canada of the Persian Gulf, a rare example of every other Gulf State having good relations with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgQ6AtVcA0

That’s great news.....
    +1. The administration has been looking to get out of there the whole term. Of course the Sunnis and the Kurds boycotted the vote, so there's that, too.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    +1. The administration has been looking to get out of there the whole term. Of course the Sunnis and the Kurds boycotted the vote, so there's that, too.
    Yeah, they just needed to be asked.

Talk about putting lipstick on a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post

I would refer you to the statements made by the candidate and president Trump on the issue of foreign wars, but what difference that would make? Orange man, bad. Very bad.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Neither Iran nor Saudi Arabia controls shipping through the Straits of Hormuz, Oman does. Iran can tell the Omanis to remove their tugboats from the Strait, the Omanis then can appeal to the United Nations. Take a look at the map of the Saudi Peninsula, the tip of the Strait is not part of the UAE. Oman is the mediator of the Persian Gulf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kgQ6AtVcA0
    Sure, if both sides used legal means and negotiators.

Iran has an awful lot of land to ship cruise missiles, not to mention cruise missiles in general.
    They did learn some lessons from the Iraq war.

https://warontherocks.com/2019/09/un...ities-advance/

A war would be really messy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    I would refer you to the statements made by the candidate and president Trump on the issue of foreign wars, but what difference that would make? Orange man, bad. Very bad.
    The statements saying that Obama would start a war with Iran if he had political problems?

Another win for Putin. The US case is - the US bombed 2 sites in Iraq killing 40 Iraqis in their own country, then they SOMEHOW claim that Iran was responsible for formenting the riot that resulted in their embassy being stormed by an angry mob (no one was killed BTW, just some buildings burned). That is really some amazing logic...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Sure, if both sides used legal means and negotiators.

Iran has an awful lot of land to ship cruise missiles, not to mention cruise missiles in general.
    They did learn some lessons from the Iraq war.

https://warontherocks.com/2019/09/un...ities-advance/

A war would be really messy.
    Some of the statements on that link question Irans turbofan tech, but its nonsense. You really only need advanced metals and tech to make a turbofan last a long time and for repeated cycles. On these missiles the engine only needs to last 2-4 hours..that is easy to achive. Even making them last 30-40 hours is easy.

A nothingburger....the vote is symbolic as its not binding. They'll be there for a while.

Never Been Justly Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oagre View Post
    You realize the US is the largest producer of energy in the world....

At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

You realize the US is the largest producer of energy in the world....
    USA is the largest consumer of energy in the world.

If the straight of Hormuz closes, oil prices goes up everywhere, even in places that supposedly are self sufficient in oil. That is the the way the capitalistic system works, folks.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

Never Been Justly Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post

No, it’s a twofer, kill a terrorist bastard, get political coverage to leave Iraq to continue its mean revision to sectarian shit hole status. Now, if the Euro powers would just kick the US out of NATO for blowing up the Iran deal and putting a wrinkle in their plans to trade with terrorists we could score a hat trick.

The parliament, which is controlled by Shias, requested all foreign troops to leave. The Kurds and Sunnis actually were against it, the former left the building in protest
    but so be it, there was only 5K troops in Iraq, and these were mostly advisors and ground forces to coordinate air strikes. ISIL is not our problem, it never was

Iran can't close the strait, not without total war, then by the time it reopens, a few days after, not a single iranian ship would be afloat, not a single iranian oil refinery intact. Prices will go up, which will be bad for China, but great news for us because we don't need their oil, we just need to build more pipelines

Quote Originally Posted by danmand View Post
    USA is the largest consumer of energy in the world.

If the straight of Hormuz closes, oil prices goes up everywhere, even in places that supposedly are self sufficient in oil. That is the the way the capitalistic system works, folks.
    Thanks god! Alberta really needs it

No, it’s a twofer, kill a terrorist bastard, get political coverage to leave Iraq to continue its mean revision to sectarian shit hole status. Now, if the Euro powers would just kick the US out of NATO for blowing up the Iran deal and putting a wrinkle in their plans to trade with terrorists we could score a hat trick.
    Trump just confirmed he's a terrorist bastard too, by the way.
    Said he'll target civilian historic sites.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    Replying to @realDonaldTrump
    ....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

Quote Originally Posted by kstanb View Post
    The parliament, which is controlled by Shias, requested all foreign troops to leave. The Kurds and Sunnis actually were against it, the former left the building in protest
    but so be it, there was only 5K troops in Iraq, and these were mostly advisors and ground forces to coordinate air strikes. ISIL is not our problem, it never was

Iran can't close the strait, not without total war, then by the time it reopens, a few days after, not a single iranian ship would be afloat, not a single iranian oil refinery intact. Prices will go up, which will be bad for China, but great news for us because we don't need their oil, we just need to build more pipelines
    Iran can mine the strait and also has lots of land to sea cruise missiles now.
    After Saudi was hit by cruise missiles the US should be way more cautious, but Trump is a moron.

Wait, who's the terrorist again?

Remember in 2016 when Trump accused Obama of “founding ISIS”?

"I don't care," Trump said, according to a show transcript. "He was the founder. His, the way he got out of Iraq was that that was the founding of ISIS, okay?"
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/polit...sis/index.html

Blog Entries
    Thatís great news.....
    I think ISIS agrees with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk7oZWnUVj4

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast