Thread: 1 in 10 Canadian College Students in the Sex biz!

Cool 1 in 10 Canadian College Students in the Sex biz!

I can help this student update her thesis for a phd.
    https://curve.carleton.ca/system/fil...lorationof.pdf

She claims 1 in 10 female students at Canadian universities are engaged in sex work. Concludes student loan debt is to blame. I went to a US University, Canadian colleges cost a fraction unless you're not Canadian.

There must be 1 in 10 male college students working
    as a gigolo in this world of gender equity.

If student loan debt increases further will the percent of college students in the sex biz increase? I want at least 50% of Canadian college students working in the industry.

Female mating strategy: "Alpha fucks - short term sexual needs - and Beta bucks - long term provisioning and security needs." :-(

I want you to point your finger at me. I want you to call me names.

Into Ties and Tail
    Its a long read. I downloaded it and will get through it when I have time. I am surprised it is that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticman View Post
    Its a long read. I downloaded it and will get through it when I have time. I am surprised it is that high.
    U of Toronto itself enrolls 70,000 undergrads. Let’s say half female and 10% that’s 3,500 sugar babies !!! Wow !

Half Man Half Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by avocat View Post
    I can help this student update her thesis for a phd.
    https://curve.carleton.ca/system/fil...lorationof.pdf

She claims 1 in 10 female students at Canadian universities are engaged in sex work. Concludes student loan debt is to blame. I went to a US University, Canadian colleges cost a fraction unless you're not Canadian.
    This was written in 2017 I highly doubt 1 in 10 female students are in the sex industry. I haven't read the full thesis but from what I have read is it really PHD worthy? Seems the bar has been set really low. I also question the average student debt load of $27K upon graduation - did she include the 1/3 of students who graduate with no debt?

I shine and rise at the same time.

I don't believe for a moment that the figure is as high as 1 in 10.

It’s based on data collected from a popular online sugar dating forum and TWO interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    This was written in 2017 I highly doubt 1 in 10 female students are in the sex industry. I haven't read the full thesis but from what I have read is it really PHD worthy? Seems the bar has been set really low. I also question the average student debt load of $27K upon graduation - did she include the 1/3 of students who graduate with no debt?
    This is not a PhD thesis. It basically got her a Masters.... 1 in 10 sounds high and I suspect there could be sampling errors but from my own experience the numbers do seem to be increasing. I read part of it and she avoids sensationalism nor does she portray a strict causal relation between high student debt and sugar babying noting that more research is required. it seems well thought out.

Margaret Mead published a study of sexuality in Samoa. The book had a huge influence in the academic world of sociology. Thirty years later it was determined that the subjects she interviewed just told her what they thought she wanted to hear.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...n-nurture-hoax

Quote Originally Posted by legmann View Post
    I don't believe for a moment that the figure is as high as 1 in 10.
    Agreed, far less than 10% would be either attractive enough, so inclined or both to make this figure possible.
    dick at largedick at large

How do they define "sex industry"? If it includes: SP, SB, Stripping, MPA, waitressing in a SC, working for an agency, working at a sex shop....then... maybe?

Blog Entries
    Here's hoping we can get to 1 in 5 before I'm done hobbying.

She went to Carleton University in Ottawa. What do you think of when you think of Ottawa? I think sex clubs, museums, then politics.
    Carleton is also ranked towards the bottom for Canadian universities. Maybe I'm partial to UofT, I can imagine a lot of sex workers at Carleton.
    https://www.macleans.ca/education/un...-top-500-list/

I'm surprised no one Googled her the student. She's pretty cute!
    https://carleton-ca.academia.edu/SarahDaly

No
    Quote Originally Posted by avocat View Post
    I'm surprised no one Googled her the student. She's pretty cute!
    https://carleton-ca.academia.edu/SarahDaly
    If she goes pro, I'm in!
    swollen member

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    If she goes pro, I'm in!
    She’s a closet pro, no doubt.
    I’d start with $160 for half hour and if she swallows I’ll do an hour for $270 next time.

Quote Originally Posted by lomotil View Post
    Agreed, far less than 10% would be either attractive enough, so inclined or both to make this figure possible.
    Especially at a school like U of T where there is almost a majority of foreign students.

Into Ties and Tail
    Quote Originally Posted by slurp View Post
    If she goes pro, I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Star View Post
    U of Toronto itself enrolls 70,000 undergrads. Let’s say half female and 10% that’s 3,500 sugar babies !!! Wow !
    Yeah so no need to pay so much with that kind of supply. If only men would unite in this cause.

Solidarity brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticman View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if it includes things like women who put out on a date after a being bought a nice meal or gift.

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    You are seriously out of touch if you think $27K is too high of a figure for students to rack up paying for post-secondary. Tuition + living expenses add up really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbox View Post
    This is not a PhD thesis. It basically got her a Masters.... 1 in 10 sounds high and I suspect there could be sampling errors but from my own experience the numbers do seem to be increasing. I read part of it and she avoids sensationalism nor does she portray a strict causal relation between high student debt and sugar babying noting that more research is required. it seems well thought out.
    The headline is definitely sensationalized, it would be much more accurate to say 1 in 10 of the participants in her study are in the sex industry.