Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: New 2019-20 Maple Leafs thread

Official Cyclops Wrangler
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    On the Tavaras goal Nylander floated over to Kucherov to take the puck off him for the turnover.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1232502002623668224

Blog Entries
    Good effort tonight.

And it clearly indicates.....nothing. Who the hell knows what they'll do next game or next week. This team has multiple personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Good effort tonight.
    In spots, I think.
    The 3rd period was hard to watch. Tampa's puck possession was in the 75% range in the third. Shots 14 to 3. But, we clung on.
    Tampa's third loss in a row and they lost Stamkos to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    On the Tavaras goal Nylander floated over to Kucherov to take the puck off him for the turnover.
    I just saw something that I thought was impossible- Willy actually got involved physically in a game ! Best game as a Leaf for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by smuddan View Post
    I just saw something that I thought was impossible- Willy actually got involved physically in a game ! Best game as a Leaf for sure.
    I agree.
    The Willy fans here now feel vindicated in their belief that he's been one of the greatest power forwards the game has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowjello View Post
    I agree.
    The Willy fans here now feel vindicated in their belief that he's been one of the greatest power forwards the game has ever seen.

so the parade is back on i take it?

The Leafs had a much stronger game than usual, lots more intensity and determination throughout the game. They did start to unravel a fair bit in the 3rd period, going almost 13 mins pinned in their own end without a shot on TB goal. They also started to look gassed at about the 1/3 mark of the 3rd. Can't remember who mentioned that fitness/conditioning could be a significant influencing factor in their poor performance, but there were signs of this as the game progressed.

Free Willy did indeed score an amazing goal. Gotta give him credit for that, no question. That said, he got lucky on the Tavares goal. Again, he floated up the boards and stick checked the opposing player to snag the puck and feed JT for the goal. Nine times out of ten, this doesn't work. Last night was the one time it did. Okay. Then, he missed his man and couldn't get back fast enough to prevent TB's 3rd goal of the game. Overall, for guy at his pay grade, still only a decent game (what is expected of him night in, night out) not an exceptional performance on the whole.

This game might just be another aberration for the Leafs - will wait to see how they make out the next week or so.
    Everything's Got A Price

Quote Originally Posted by mellowjello View Post
    I agree.
    It's kind of frustrating. He shows flashes that he can indeed play a physical game if absolutely necessary, but essentially most nights he chooses not to. Gives me the impression he's afraid to go in the corners, and will only do so when the pressure is really, REALLY on from fan and media scrutiny.

It's like a running back who always runs left or right, never right up the middle, or a receiver who refuses to run slants across the top. They're afraid of the contact.

In pro sports, that behavior earns you a rep for being soft.

I'd take a couple guys like Carolina's Warren Foegele any day.
    Everything's Got A Price

Good effort tonight.

And it clearly indicates.....nothing. Who the hell knows what they'll do next game or next week. This team has multiple personalities.
    Perfectly put.

I left the Canes game after the second goalie injury, and expected to later hear the Leafs won 8-4.
    When I saw the memes rolling on my FB knew otherwise.

The bounce back game against a team firing on all cylinders was excellent.

Why the Leafs, with all their talent, cannot show up to play every night and give 100% , IDK.

Kathleen HFH

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP in Mississauga - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt View Post
    so the parade is back on i take it?
    No, but the bar is set so low now good effort would give fans a happy release ! Hope they can get out of this recent pattern of one great effort followed by a stinker.

Jake Muzzin expected to miss 4 weeks with a broken hand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Jake Muzzin expected to miss 4 weeks with a broken hand.
    That is good timing. His hand was healthy when he needed to sign the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by smuddan View Post
    No, but the bar is set so low now good effort would give fans a happy release ! Hope they can get out of this recent pattern of one great effort followed by a stinker.
    Wrong forum. Happy release belongs the Massage Forum.

That is good timing. His hand was healthy when he needed to sign the contract.
    Sometimes all a fan can do is laugh.

Certainly hurts the team, but that joke didn't relieve the pain

Kathleen HFH

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP in Mississauga - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Quote Originally Posted by bemeup View Post
    Wrong forum. Happy release belongs the Massage Forum.
    Not when Willy scores lol

Can they just concede now and go away until October?

Quote Originally Posted by John Wick View Post
    The Leafs had a much stronger game than usual, lots more intensity and determination throughout the game. They did start to unravel a fair bit in the 3rd period, going almost 13 mins pinned in their own end without a shot on TB goal. They also started to look gassed at about the 1/3 mark of the 3rd. Can't remember who mentioned that fitness/conditioning could be a significant influencing factor in their poor performance, but there were signs of this as the game progressed.

Free Willy did indeed score an amazing goal. Gotta give him credit for that, no question. That said, he got lucky on the Tavares goal. Again, he floated up the boards and stick checked the opposing player to snag the puck and feed JT for the goal. Nine times out of ten, this doesn't work. Last night was the one time it did. Okay. Then, he missed his man and couldn't get back fast enough to prevent TB's 3rd goal of the game. Overall, for guy at his pay grade, still only a decent game (what is expected of him night in, night out) not an exceptional performance on the whole.

This game might just be another aberration for the Leafs - will wait to see how they make out the next week or so.
    phil kessel, same player as bill nylander. thats why the bruins unloaded him. cant or would not play the system the bruins had. hard work , play a two way game, thats the bruins style. nylander fits the kessel style to a tee. you can have him.

Article from 2 months ago. Almost all of it is still true.

Leafs are overworking Andersen (too much TOI). Not sure if still true in recent games, but when Keefe first took the reign, Mathews, Tavares and Marner were all 20 plus TOI players.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...es-watch-2020/

Hey Wicky, 9 times out of 10? Where do you come up with these stats? In Make Be Leaf land?
    Remember the OT winner scored off of own New Jersey stick? Turnover created by Nylander using slick stick skills. Say that 3 times fast.
    It's called using a smart hockey mind.

Hey Bullittttttt

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526