Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 53

Thread: FBI probe into Trump campaign's ties to Russia finds mistakes, no political bias

  1. #1

    FBI probe into Trump campaign's ties to Russia finds mistakes, no political bias

    Report on FBI probe into Trump campaign's ties to Russia finds mistakes, no sign of political bias

    FBI sent informant to record conversation with 'high-level Trump campaign official': inspector general report

    The Associated Press∑Posted: Dec 09, 2019 1:29 PM ET |

    The FBI was justified in opening its investigation into ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia, and didn't act with political bias, despite "serious performance failures" up the bureau's chain of command, the Justice Department's internal watchdog said in a highly anticipated report Monday.

    The findings of the report, released by department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, seemingly undercuts U.S. President Donald Trump's claim he was the target of a "witch hunt."

    Yet its nuanced conclusions deny a clear-cut vindication for Trump's supporters or critics. It rejects theories and criticism spread by Trump and his supporters while finding errors and misjudgments likely to be exploited by Republican allies as the president faces a probable impeachment vote this month.

    Trump, in remarks at the White House shortly after the report's release, claimed it showed "an attempted overthrow and a lot of people were in on it."

    The president has repeatedly said he was more eager for the report of John Durham, the hand-picked prosecutor selected by Attorney General William Barr to conduct a separate review of the Russia probe.

    Barr rejected the inspector general's conclusion there was sufficient evidence to open the investigation.

    "The inspector general's report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken," Barr said in a statement. His remarks were an unusual twist in that the attorney general typically does not take issue with an internal investigation that clears a Justice Department agency of serious misconduct.

    In an interview with The Associated Press, FBI Director Chris Wray said the inspector general found problems that are "unacceptable and unrepresentative of who we are as an institution." But he also noted that political bias did not taint the opening of the investigation or the steps that followed. He said the FBI is implementing more than 40 corrective actions.

    Durham, in a brief statement, said he has informed the inspector general that he also doesn't agree with the conclusion the inquiry was properly opened, and suggested his own investigation would back up that assertion.

    FBI justified in eavesdropping, report says

    The inspector general identified 17 "significant errors or omissions" in applications for a warrant from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to monitor the communications of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and subsequent warrant renewals. The errors, the watchdog said, resulted in "applications that made it appear that the information supporting probable cause was stronger than was actually the case."

    But the report also found the bureau was justified in eavesdropping on a former Trump adviser, and there was no documented or testimonial evidence of any political bias.

    Republicans have long criticized the process since the FBI relied in part on opposition research from a former British spy, Christopher Steele, whose work was financed by Democrats and the Clinton campaign, and that fact was not disclosed to the judges who approved the warrant.

    The watchdog found the FBI had overstated the significance of the past work of former British spy Christopher Steele as an informant, omitted information about one of Steele's sources, who Steele had called a "boaster" and said may have engaged "in some embellishment."

    The report's release, the same day as a House judiciary committee impeachment hearing centred on the president's interactions with Ukraine, brought fresh attention to the legal and political investigations that have entangled the White House from the moment Trump took office.

    Robert Mueller says the report is his 'testimony' — and it doesn't exonerate the presidentObstruction or not, Mueller report shows Trump's panic during Russia investigation

    The FBI's Russia investigation, which was ultimately taken over by special counsel Robert Mueller, began in July 2016 after the FBI learned former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos had been saying before it was publicly known that Russia had dirt on Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton in the form of stolen emails. Those emails, which were hacked from Democratic email accounts by Russian intelligence operatives, were released by WikiLeaks in the weeks before the election in what U.S. officials have said was an effort to harm Clinton's campaign and help Trump.

    The report said the FBI was authorized to open the investigation to protect against a national security threat.

    Months later, the FBI sought and received the Page warrant. Officials were concerned Page was being targeted for recruitment by the Russian government, though he has denied wrongdoing and has never been charged with a crime.

    More than 170 interviews conducted

    The inspector general also found an FBI lawyer is suspected of altering an email to make it appear as if an official at another government agency had said Page was not a source for that agency, even though he was.

    Agents were concerned that if Page had worked as a source for another government agency, they would have needed to tell the surveillance court about that, the report said, and tasked the lawyer with contacting the other agency to obtain additional information. But the lawyer "did not accurately convey, and in fact altered, the information he received from the other agency," the report said.

    The lawyer is not identified by name in the report, but people familiar with the situation have identified him as Kevin Clinesmith. The inspector general's report says officials notified the attorney general and FBI director, and provided them with information about the altered email.

    The inspector general conducted more than 170 interviews involving more than 100 witnesses, including former FBI director James Comey, former attorney general Loretta Lynch, former deputy attorney general Sally Yates, former deputy attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversaw the Russia investigation, and former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, along with FBI agents and analysts.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia...robe-1.5389546

  2. #2
    Trump has already said that in reality, the report is so much worse than anyone thought and proves he was right about everything.

    He likes to lie a lot

  3. #3
    Barr is dumbfounded and aghast that the exhaustive, thorough and objective IG report did not conclude there was a "deep state" conspiracy that "spied" and attempted to take down, then candidate Cheating Donny Trump.
    I'm a bitter house**** baby....so why don't you **** me.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbarandy View Post
    Barr is dumbfounded and aghast that the exhaustive, thorough and objective IG report did not conclude there was a "deep state" conspiracy that "spied" and attempted to take down, then candidate Cheating Donny Trump.
    Barr should be impeached as well.
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
    Report on FBI probe into Trump campaign's ties to Russia finds mistakes, no sign of political bias

    FBI sent informant to record conversation with 'high-level Trump campaign official': inspector general report

    The Associated Press∑Posted: Dec 09, 2019 1:29 PM ET |

    The FBI was justified in opening its investigation into ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russia, and didn't act with political bias, despite "serious performance failures" up the bureau's chain of command, the Justice Department's internal watchdog said in a highly anticipated report Monday.

    The findings of the report, released by department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, seemingly undercuts U.S. President Donald Trump's claim he was the target of a "witch hunt."

    Yet its nuanced conclusions deny a clear-cut vindication for Trump's supporters or critics. It rejects theories and criticism spread by Trump and his supporters while finding errors and misjudgments likely to be exploited by Republican allies as the president faces a probable impeachment vote this month.

    Trump, in remarks at the White House shortly after the report's release, claimed it showed "an attempted overthrow and a lot of people were in on it."

    The president has repeatedly said he was more eager for the report of John Durham, the hand-picked prosecutor selected by Attorney General William Barr to conduct a separate review of the Russia probe.

    Barr rejected the inspector general's conclusion there was sufficient evidence to open the investigation.

    "The inspector general's report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken," Barr said in a statement. His remarks were an unusual twist in that the attorney general typically does not take issue with an internal investigation that clears a Justice Department agency of serious misconduct.

    In an interview with The Associated Press, FBI Director Chris Wray said the inspector general found problems that are "unacceptable and unrepresentative of who we are as an institution." But he also noted that political bias did not taint the opening of the investigation or the steps that followed. He said the FBI is implementing more than 40 corrective actions.

    Durham, in a brief statement, said he has informed the inspector general that he also doesn't agree with the conclusion the inquiry was properly opened, and suggested his own investigation would back up that assertion.

    FBI justified in eavesdropping, report says

    The inspector general identified 17 "significant errors or omissions" in applications for a warrant from the secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to monitor the communications of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and subsequent warrant renewals. The errors, the watchdog said, resulted in "applications that made it appear that the information supporting probable cause was stronger than was actually the case."

    But the report also found the bureau was justified in eavesdropping on a former Trump adviser, and there was no documented or testimonial evidence of any political bias.

    Republicans have long criticized the process since the FBI relied in part on opposition research from a former British spy, Christopher Steele, whose work was financed by Democrats and the Clinton campaign, and that fact was not disclosed to the judges who approved the warrant.

    The watchdog found the FBI had overstated the significance of the past work of former British spy Christopher Steele as an informant, omitted information about one of Steele's sources, who Steele had called a "boaster" and said may have engaged "in some embellishment."

    The report's release, the same day as a House judiciary committee impeachment hearing centred on the president's interactions with Ukraine, brought fresh attention to the legal and political investigations that have entangled the White House from the moment Trump took office.

    Robert Mueller says the report is his 'testimony' — and it doesn't exonerate the presidentObstruction or not, Mueller report shows Trump's panic during Russia investigation

    The FBI's Russia investigation, which was ultimately taken over by special counsel Robert Mueller, began in July 2016 after the FBI learned former Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos had been saying before it was publicly known that Russia had dirt on Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton in the form of stolen emails. Those emails, which were hacked from Democratic email accounts by Russian intelligence operatives, were released by WikiLeaks in the weeks before the election in what U.S. officials have said was an effort to harm Clinton's campaign and help Trump.

    The report said the FBI was authorized to open the investigation to protect against a national security threat.

    Months later, the FBI sought and received the Page warrant. Officials were concerned Page was being targeted for recruitment by the Russian government, though he has denied wrongdoing and has never been charged with a crime.

    More than 170 interviews conducted

    The inspector general also found an FBI lawyer is suspected of altering an email to make it appear as if an official at another government agency had said Page was not a source for that agency, even though he was.

    Agents were concerned that if Page had worked as a source for another government agency, they would have needed to tell the surveillance court about that, the report said, and tasked the lawyer with contacting the other agency to obtain additional information. But the lawyer "did not accurately convey, and in fact altered, the information he received from the other agency," the report said.

    The lawyer is not identified by name in the report, but people familiar with the situation have identified him as Kevin Clinesmith. The inspector general's report says officials notified the attorney general and FBI director, and provided them with information about the altered email.

    The inspector general conducted more than 170 interviews involving more than 100 witnesses, including former FBI director James Comey, former attorney general Loretta Lynch, former deputy attorney general Sally Yates, former deputy attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversaw the Russia investigation, and former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe, along with FBI agents and analysts.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/russia...robe-1.5389546
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...m_3169353.html

    https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf


    Trump: IG Report Shows FBI ‘Fabricated Evidence,’ Tried to ‘Overthrow’ Him
    BY ZACHARY STIEBER
    December 9, 2019 Updated: December 9, 2019 Share

    President Donald Trump said that the report from the Department of Justice’s inspector general showed the FBI “fabricated evidence” and “lied to the courts.”

    Inspector General Michael Horowitz found 17 “significant errors or omissions” in the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) applications to surveil Trump campaign associate Carter Page.


    “It’s a disgrace what’s happened with the things that were done to our country,” Trump told an array of Republican Senators and state officials in the White House on Dec. 9, shortly after the report (pdf) was released to the public. “It’s incredible, far worse than what I ever thought possible.”

    Trump, who said he was briefed on the report, added: “It’s a very sad day when I see that.” Claiming the probe was “concocted,” he said the intelligence abuses were “probably something that’s never happened in the history of our country.”

    “They fabricated evidence and they lied to the courts,” Trump continued. “This was an attempted overthrow and a lot of people were in on it, and they got caught.”

    Speaking at the behest of Trump, former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi said, citing her experience in law enforcement, that “the American people should be terrified that this could happen to you.”


    Most of the FBI agents and officials who were part of the major errors have left the agency or been removed from their positions, FBI Director Christopher Wray told Horowitz in a letter also released on Monday. The same is true with the Department of Justice.


    Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz arrives before testifying to the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 18, 2018. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
    Horowitz concluded that the investigation into the Trump campaign was properly predicated because of “the low threshold for predication” in existing guidelines, citing the conversation between Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos and Alexander Downer, an Australian official who reported the conversation to American counterparts.

    U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is conducting an investigation into whether the surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016 was free of improper motives, is still conducting that probe.

    He said in a statement that Horowitz’s report was necessarily limited to within the Department of Justice. His is not, and has included developing information outside the country.

    “Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the Inspector General that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened,” he said.

    Attorney General William Barr said that Horowitz’s report “now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken.”

    “It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory. Nevertheless, the investigation and surveillance was pushed forward for the duration of the campaign and deep into President Trump’s administration. In the rush to obtain and maintain FISA surveillance of Trump campaign associates, FBI officials misled the FISA court, omitted critical exculpatory facts from their filings, and suppressed or ignored information negating the reliability of their principal source. The Inspector General found the explanations given for these actions unsatisfactory,” he added.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    5
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/09...-interference/

    Brennan Lied About Not Including Steele Dossier In Intelligence Community Assessment On 2016 Russian Election Interference
    DECEMBER 9, 2019 By Madeline Osburn
    The new report from Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz confirmed former CIA Director John Brennan lied to Congress about whether the dossier authored by Christopher Steele was used in the Obama administration’s Intelligence Community Assessment (ICA).

    The ICA, a report conducted by intelligence officials in 2016 on Russian election interference, was used to brief President Barack Obama and President-elect Donald Trump in January 2017. According to the IG report, there was significant discussion by top intelligence officials as to whether the unverified Steele dossier should be included in the main body of the ICA report, summarized in an appendix, or even included at all.


    FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe said that “he felt strongly that the Steele election reporting belonged in the body of the ICA, because he feared that placing it in an appendix was ‘tacking it on’ in a way that would ‘minimiz[e]’ the information and prevent it from being properly considered.”

    Ultimately, the ICA included a short summary and assessment of the dossier, which was incorporated in an appendix. “In the appendix, the intelligence agencies explained that there was ‘only limited corroboration of the source’s reporting’ and that Steele’s election reports were not used ‘to reach analytic conclusions of the CIA/FBI/NSA assessment,'” the IG report states.

    A few months later, on May 23, 2017, when testifying before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Brennan categorically denied that the CIA relied on the Steele dossier for the ICA report. Here is the full exchange with former Rep. Trey Gowdy:

    Mr. Gowdy: Do you know if the Bureau ever relied on the Steele dossier as any — as part of any court filings, applications, petitions, pleadings?
    Mr. Brennan: I have no awareness.
    Mr. Gowdy: Did the CIA rely on it?
    Mr. Brennan: No.
    Mr. Gowdy: Why not?
    Mr. Brennan: Because we — we didn’t. It wasn’t part of the corpus of intelligence information that we had. It was not in any way used as a basis for the Intelligence Community assessment that was done. It was — it was not.
    Brennan claimed the unverified dossier was not “part of the corpus of intelligence information we had.” On page 179 of the IG report, IG investigators asked former FBI Director James Comey if he remembered discussions with Brennan on presenting the dossier to Obama. Comey said Brennan and other officials argued it was “important” enough to include in the ICA — clearly part of the “corpus of intelligence information” they had.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PornAddict View Post
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-...m_3169353.html

    https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf


    Trump: IG Report Shows FBI ‘Fabricated Evidence,’ Tried to ‘Overthrow’ Him
    BY ZACHARY STIEBER
    December 9, 2019 Updated: December 9, 2019 Share

    President Donald Trump said that the report from the Department of Justice’s inspector general showed the FBI “fabricated evidence” and “lied to the courts.”
    [B].
    Trump has already been caught lying 14,000 lies.
    Now its 14,001
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

  8. #8
    They found no bias, he also said Stzrok and Paige were to low to affect anything. but to me the more concerning fact is in a case this big they made so many errors or left things out in the warrants to make it easier to get. This is really alarming to me. They are either very incompetent or corrupt, either way it's really bad. Imagine if you are a normal person who is in the cross hairs of the FBI. What chance do you stand against this level of incompetence or corruption.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,125
    Blog Entries
    5
    The following seven 'significant inaccuracies and omissions' were found in the first FISA application:

    1. Omitted information the FBI had obtained from another U.S. government agency detailing its prior relationship with Page, including that Page had been approved as an "operational contact" for the other agency from 2008 to 2013, and that Page had provided information to the other agency concerning his prior contacts with certain Russian intelligence officers, one of which overlapped with facts asserted in the FISA application;

    2. Included a source characterization statement asserting that Steele's prior reporting had been "corroborated and used in criminal proceedings," which overstated the significance of Steele's past reporting and was not approved by Steele's handling agent, as required by the Woods Procedures;

    3. Omitted information relevant to the reliability of Person 1, a key Steele sub-source (who was attributed with providing the information in Report 95 and some of the information in Reports 80 and 102 relied upon in the application), namely that (1) Steele himself told members of the Crossfire Hurricane team that Person 1 was a "boaster" and an "egoist" and "may engage in some embellishment"

    4. Asserted that the FBI had assessed that Steele did not directly provide to the press information in the September 23 Yahoo News article based on the premise that Steele had told the FBI that he only shared his election-related research with the FBI and Fusion GPS, his client; this premise was incorrect and contradicted by documentation in the Woods File- Steele had told the FBI that he also gave his information to the State Department;

    5. Omitted Papadopoulos's consensually monitored statements to an FBI CHS in September 2016 denying that anyone associated with the Trump campaign was collaborating with Russia or with outside groups like Wikileaks in the release of emails;

    6. Omitted Page's consensually monitored statements to an FBI CHS in August 2016 that Page had “literally never met" or "said one word to" Paul Manafort and that Manafort had not responded to any of Page's emails; if true, those statements were in tension with claims in Report 95 that Page was participating in a conspiracy with Russia by acting as an intermediary for Manafort on behalf of the Trump campaign; and

    7. Included Page's consensually monitored statements to an FBI CHS in October 2016 that the FBI believed supported its theory that Page was an agent of Russia but omitted other statements Page made that were inconsistent with its theory, including denying having met with Sechin and Divyekin, or even knowing who Divyekin was; if true, those statements contradicted the claims in Report 94 that Page had met secretly with Sechin and Divyekin about future cooperation with Russia and shared derogatory information about candidate Clinton. None of these inaccuracies and omissions were brought to the attention of OI before the last FISA application was filed in June 2017. Consequently, these failures were repeated in all three renewal applications.

    Further, as we discuss later, we identified 10 additional significant errors in the renewal applications.

    The failure to provide accurate and complete information to the OI Attorney concerning Page's prior relationship with another U.S. government agency (item 1 above) was particularly concerning because the OI Attorney had specifically asked the case agent in late September 2016 whether Carter Page had a current or prior relationship with the other agency. I n response to that inquiry, the case agent advised t he OI Attorney that Page's relationship was "dated" ( claiming it was when Page lived in Moscow in 2004-2007) and "outside scope." This representation, however, was contrary to information that the other agency had provided to the FBI in August 2016, which stated that Page was approved as an "operational contact" of the other agency from 2008 to 2013 (after Page had left Moscow).

    Thus, the FBI relied upon Page's contacts with Intelligence Officer 1, among others, in support of its probable cause statement in t he FISA application, while failing to disclose to OI or the FISC that ( 1) Page had been approved as an operational contact by the other agency during a five-year period that overlapped with allegations in the FISA application, (2) Page had disclosed to the other agency contacts that he had with Intelligence Officer 1 and certain other individuals, and (3) the other agency's employee had given a positive assessment of Page's candor

    The FBI also used Steele to gather information on former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

    August 2016:

    SSA1 (Pientka?) ran an op against Flynn under the guise of providing a defensive briefing. pic.twitter.com/8YYm8npeQK

    — Techno Fog (@Techno_Fog) December 9, 2019
    Rep. Devin Nunes suggested that the DOJ IG report makes clear that "Republican FISA abuse memo from February 2018 was accurate and actually understated the FISA abuse the dirty cops engaged in."

    Looks like DOJ IG Report is clear that Republican FISA abuse memo from February 2018 was accurate and actually understated the FISA abuse the dirty cops engaged in. Time for FISA court to take action!

    — Devin Nunes (@DevinNunes) December 9, 2019
    And after reading this, it's no wonder we've been seeing defensive leaks in the New York Times and CNN. And that the Democrats rushed to hold an impeachment hearing the same day.

    It's every bit as bad as advertised. And certainly worse than the media has been suggesting. https://t.co/0U5dzQGDMY

    — Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) December 9, 2019
    We now know that within one week of the investigation opening, the FBI was surveilling the campaign and four specific individuals associated with it. (2/4)

    — Rep. Jim Jordan (@Jim_Jordan) December 9, 2019
    Read the massive report here. https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

    This article will be updated as analysis pours in.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by PornAddict View Post
    The following seven 'significant inaccuracies and omissions' were found in the first FISA application:
    Barr put his toughest attack dog on the FBI and that's all they could find?
    After sifting through tons of paper and interviewing everyone?

    What do you Trumptards call that?
    Oh yeah.


    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

  11. #11
    Half Man Half Amazing
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Room 112
    Posts
    17,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseifur View Post
    They found no bias, he also said Stzrok and Paige were to low to affect anything. but to me the more concerning fact is in a case this big they made so many errors or left things out in the warrants to make it easier to get. This is really alarming to me. They are either very incompetent or corrupt, either way it's really bad. Imagine if you are a normal person who is in the cross hairs of the FBI. What chance do you stand against this level of incompetence or corruption.
    Stzrok was not low, he was actually in charge of the investigation of Clinton email fiasco. Funnily the IG completely ignored the texts between Stzrok and Page which show a clear pattern of political bias. Bottom line is this IG report is just deep state protecting its ass.

    I shine and rise at the same time.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    Stzrok was not low, he was actually in charge of the investigation of Clinton email fiasco. Funnily the IG completely ignored the texts between Stzrok and Page which show a clear pattern of political bias. Bottom line is this IG report is just deep state protecting its ass.
    Barr's personally appointed investigator looked at those texts and Strzok's role.
    And what did he find?


    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Barr's personally appointed investigator looked at those texts and Strzok's role.
    And what did he find?


    You don't know what he found because hasn't released any findings, yet.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Barr put his toughest attack dog on the FBI and that's all they could find?
    After sifting through tons of paper and interviewing everyone?

    What do you Trumptards call that?
    Oh yeah.


    Significant inaccuracies and omissions is really bad. They either didn't know what they were doing or left out important information to fool the judges . That is really bad, so much for the integrity of the FBI.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    28,667
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseifur View Post
    Significant inaccuracies and omissions is really bad. They either didn't know what they were doing or left out important information to fool the judges . That is really bad, so much for the integrity of the FBI.
    The thrust of the investigation was if it was started inappropriately and politically as part of the "trump witch hunt". We now know that it was not.

    As far as integrity, the FBI is accepting the conclusions of the report, owning up to their mistakes and will institute changes. All this within hours of the release of the report.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    The thrust of the investigation was if it was started inappropriately and politically as part of the "trump witch hunt". We now know that it was not.

    As far as integrity, the FBI is accepting the conclusions of the report, owning up to their mistakes and will institute changes. All this within hours of the release of the report.
    Agree that there was no witch hunt, but the integrity of the FBI is very questionable to me. All this errors or omissions in one of the biggest cases doesn't cut it. What chance does a regular person have if this is the way they operate? If they want to get someone all they have to do is withhold information back to fool judges into signing a warrant. The talk of instituting changes is just talk. They will say they will do something but they won't. They will always operate this way because it works to their advantage and nobody holds them responsible. They have been corrupt since their inception.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    28,667
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseifur View Post
    Agree that there was no witch hunt, but the integrity of the FBI is very questionable to me. All this errors or omissions in one of the biggest cases doesn't cut it. What chance does a regular person have if this is the way they operate? If they want to get someone all they have to do is withhold information back to fool judges into signing a warrant. The talk of instituting changes is just talk. They will say they will do something but they won't. They will always operate this way because it works to their advantage and nobody holds them responsible. They have been corrupt since their inception.
    It might be a little unreasonable in an investigation that took a year and a half and involved hundreds of witnesses that there would be no errors. Evidently the Inspector General is holding them responsible and automatically assuming that they will do nothing is not giving them a chance.

    Again, the investigation was not started as a political witch hunt which debunks another trump conspiracy theory. That is the most important takeaway. The investigation was conceived legitimately.

  18. #18
    The media is the ultimate puppet. They have been fooled and are now in to deep to eject. The intel community has dazzled them with leaks. Everyone of them to imply or create a narrative.

    We all remember the KIRONS or BREAKING NEWS, DOSSIER, and all the salacious details of it. CNN was having orgasims LIVE ON THE AIR. I won't go into how the dossier got included in the FISA warrant or how it got leaked to the public. But there is NO DOUBT CNN was used as a puppet to make the dossier legitimate.

    IM here to tell ya the dossier is FAKE NEWS. SO Trump was right, CNN is FAKE news. They were breathless about this dossier for weeks. They got it wrong and were"USED" by the intel community to try and over through a duelly elected POTUS.

    They were spying on the campaign. They might not have been spying Trump personally, but they were CLEARLY spying on the campaign. Papadopolous was spied on, Flynn, spied on, Mannaffort, spied on,Sam Clovis,spied on. All during the campaign.

    Wait till we find out who Joseph Mifsud and Stephan Halper are, than things might come into focus. Don't get me wrong, the guy who started all this and the guys who implemented it will never be brought to justice. But we will find out the truth one day. And my money is on the fact that Donald Trump is way too stupid to create all this nonsense you idiots try and crucify him with.

    Every month during the Obama presidency he released employment numbers. And almost everytime later on down the road he had to re report the numbers and they were always worse than he originally reported. We remember the promise of 2500 savings on average with Obama Care. We remember the lecture about the new normal with the economy and 1% growth. I won't go on, but I could ,OH BOY could I.

    ALL LIES, COMPLETE LIES. How about that recently released Afghanistan report, Well I guess more lies.

    The Media is under the spell of the deep state. They are totally star struck. If you even go anywhere outside there lane of thought, collectively the media 1st tries to destroy said lane changer and if that docent work, they simply don't report the truth about it or heaven forbid there mistake about it. There are so many examples of the medias breathless reporting of absolute FAKE NEWS.

  19. #19
    One more thing, Carter page was also spied on as a member of the Trump campaign. Take a look at the IG report on his inclusion in the FISA warrant. That is the definition of a LIE. Again what administration was this disgraceful conduct performed under.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseifur View Post
    ........Imagine if you are a normal person who is in the cross hairs of the FBI. What chance do you stand against this level of incompetence or corruption.
    Two words...........Richard Jewell

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    You don't know what he found because hasn't released any findings, yet.
    Frank, seems to be greatly confused by what an IG like Horowitz is doing and a prosecutor like Durham is doing.

  22. #22
    I believe jcpro and I said the IG wouldn't refer more people for dismissal or recommend charging anyone. We do know people were already fired. That is a fact that cannot be dismissed. Simply put, an IG is just going to cite instances of bad behavior and bad process then recommend changes.

    The big rodeo is yet to come. Can Durham indict and convict some actors and former actors of the intelligence agencies and/or Justice Dept? I don't see additional firings since most of the bad actors have been pushed out or moved on.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by WyattEarp View Post
    I believe jcpro and I said the IG wouldn't refer more people for dismissal or recommend charging anyone. We do know people were already fired. That is a fact that cannot be dismissed. Simply put, an IG is just going to cite instances of bad behavior and bad process then recommend changes.

    The big rodeo is yet to come. Can Durham indict and convict some actors and former actors of the intelligence agencies and/or Justice Dept? I don't see additional firings since most of the bad actors have been pushed out or moved on.
    Also. The IG doesn't have the subpoena power nor can he interview under oath. He cannot charge anyone nor examine people currently not in the employ of the departments he's examining. Those are big limitations. We'll see how he explains himself tomorrow, before the Senate.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    Also. The IG doesn't have the subpoena power nor can he interview under oath. He cannot charge anyone nor examine people currently not in the employ of the departments he's examining. Those are big limitations. We'll see how he explains himself tomorrow, before the Senate.
    Except that, unlike the impeachment, everybody cooperated and all witnesses requested showed up for interviews.
    The IG got all they want, there just wasn't any there there.

    The report shows that Trump is full of shit, pushing stupid conspiracy theories and whining about the FBI doing its job properly as they are supposed to do.
    Its Trump that's corrupt and lying his face off, in case you still haven't picked up on that.
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •