Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why don't people buy travel insurance?

Why don't people buy travel insurance?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6241994/i...-no-insurance/

Seems like every week there is another story about somebody who travels without getting travel insurance and then gets in shit.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6241994/i...-no-insurance/
    How can people be that stupid?

Blog Entries
    1)Cheap
    2)Ignorant
    3)Very wealthy

You have to be wise when traveling and you have to read the fine print. I always advise on traveling with insurance...but I've known a couple of incidents from people I know that Insurance didn't cover...

As shack says, I don't think people realize how expensive it can be if you need medical treatments in another country. God forbid you get hurt in the U.S., they'll bill you for nearly anything. And it ain't cheap. And if you're like the dude in Thailand, it'll cost thousands (to hundreds of thousands) for a medical evac.

But, most people think nothing will happen to them. Until it does.

Fabulously Full Figured Jessica Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As of Jan 1. 2020, OHIP will no longer cover emergency medical expenses for travellers.

Not that they covered a lot but now you don't even get anything.
    Fabulously Full Figured Fun

Jessica Rain

Twitter: @MsJessicaRainSP

I have yearly CAA travel medical insurance. Up to 15 days/travel and unlimited travel/year. If my trip longer than 15 days, I have to pay for the extra days.It cost me not more than 200CAD maybe less. For the whole year. Worth it!
    It's Iris! Your blond, beautiful, all natural, naughty girlfriend!

Check my site: www.iris4men.com

https://twitter.com/IrisBlond7

Call me for rendezvous! 647-994-7987

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    cause they bring their own nurse

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

I buy travel insurance for the entire year. Last year the insurance company paid me $8,000 for cancellations.
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by malata View Post
    cause they bring their own nurse
    I heard a horror story where someone in the office went on his first overseas vacation. Spent big money on business class seats and other upgrades, but did not buy insurance. Naturally, he had health issues while on the trip and had to fly back. Costed him almost $50,000 because there was only first class seats available and he needed a nurse to come with him.

What also amazes me is that people complain about the cost of the 10 year passport. It's $160 or just $16 per year, which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Even if you never travel the passport is still a secondary form of identification.

Cause Andrew Scheer is not as advertised. Insurance is a big scam.

Itís quite simple. Penny wise pound foolish. Keeps repeating its self in many forms and times. Probably because they have been programmed by their pound foolish parents to think like this and now itís part of their daily life to live as cheep as possible.

Missing since AD 393
    Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Cause Andrew Scheer is not as advertised. Insurance is a big scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rain View Post
    As of Jan 1. 2020, OHIP will no longer cover emergency medical expenses for travellers.

Not that they covered a lot but now you don't even get anything.
    Quite simply, if you can't afford travel insurance, you shouldn't be traveling. If you travel without it, you're an idiot.

This is the program they're scrapping. I agree with this this decision.

The insurance currently covers out-of-country inpatient services to a maximum of $400 per day for a higher level of care, and up to $50 per day for emergency outpatient services and doctor services.

Health Minister Christine Elliot announced the decision to scrap the program, following a six-day public consultation.

The province spends $2.8 million to administer approximately $9 million in claim payments through the program every year.

All insurance is a scam.

they are legalized bookies or a form of lotto max. Buy a ticket and "win" medical coverage.

If you pay for your trip with a credit card that has travel insurance as a feature you are covered. My credit card has this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacealien2 View Post
    All insurance is a scam.
    Is that right. Ever had to go to a hospital in the US without insurance? Even for something minor? I have, and a damn good thing my Blue Cross covered the whole thing. Otherwise I would've been out thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooseifur View Post
    If you pay for your trip with a credit card that has travel insurance as a feature you are covered. My credit card has this feature.
    Make sure to read the fine print on medical insurance. Lots of exceptions, age, length of trip etc..
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy27 View Post
    Is that right. Ever had to go to a hospital in the US without insurance? Even for something minor? I have, and a damn good thing my Blue Cross covered the whole thing. Otherwise I would've been out thousands.
    That is actually a prime example why insurance is a scam...

Insurance companies are snakes. They will always try to find a way to avoid a pay out. In my case, they determined it was a pre-existing condition ... which it wasn't.
    Insurance sounds good until you need it ....

Quote Originally Posted by KarlOrff View Post
    Insurance companies are snakes. They will always try to find a way to avoid a pay out. In my case, they determined it was a pre-existing condition ... which it wasn't.
    No one is stopping you from cancelling all your insurance.

What does that make people that file bogus claims then?

Please explain how having travel insurance which covered the cost of my stitches was a scam? Unless you know of some other way you can get free medical care in the US.

That is often the case. Their number rule of thumb is deny to the claim. They don't make money paying claims. That's why you need to read the fine print, and not give in easily.

In most cases though, it's a necessary evil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast