Thread: Swing Voters Who Sided With Democrats In 2018 Plan To Vote For Trump Next Year

Never Been Justly Banned

Swing Voters Who Sided With Democrats In 2018 Plan To Vote For Trump Next Year

From the NYT..... Which would explain why Trump is leading in WI polls....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/26/u...ters-2020.html

Swing Voters Who Sided With Democrats In 2018 Plan To Vote For Trump Next Year

Nearly two-thirds of voters in six battleground states who voted for President Trump in 2016 — but for Democratic congressional candidates in 2018 — say they intend to back the president against each of his top rivals, according to recent polling by The New York Times Upshot/Siena College.

The results suggest that the party’s winning formula in last year’s midterms may not be so easy to replicate in a presidential election. The Democrats’ relatively moderate House candidates succeeded in large part by flipping a crucial segment of voters who backed the president in 2016. If these voters remain open-minded again in 2020, Democrats will have a ready-made blueprint for winning back the crucial Rust Belt battlegrounds…

Michael Townsend, 38, a high school-educated construction worker in Dunmore, Pa., was a lifelong Democrat — until he voted for Mr. Trump.

“In the last couple years, the Democrats had kind of been losing the work, and I thought Trump might get us that work,” he said. “And to be honest, I’ve been in construction 21 years and the last two years were the best years I’ve ever had.”

At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

Time to celebrate the election landslide in 2020! Lol
    The statements, views and opinions expressed in this column are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent anybody else.

I remember a bunch of Republicans in swing districts retired because they didn't want to campaign and possibly lose. It all depends who the party recruits to run in these districts. Moderate Republicans and women would be optimal candidates.