Thread: Conservatives Challenge Sheer's Leadership

Conservatives Challenge Sheer's Leadership

Mostly from Quebec conservatives but some social conservatives (his base) question his leadership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocuqlvyNCuE

Blog Entries
    But our right wingers love him, and have been under the impression that he was going to win the elections and Trudeau was toast!!

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals!!

They should challenge him. He's terrible and has the personality of a wet rag.

Blog Entries
    I think that Scheer should stay on as the leader of the Conservatives!!

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    I think that Scheer should stay on as the leader of the Conservatives!!
    I actually think JWR would make a great PC leader.
    She has no love for Trudeau or the party. ie my enemy's enemy is my friend!

You never know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boober69 View Post
    I actually think JWR would make a great PC leader.
    She has no love for Trudeau or the party. ie my enemy's enemy is my friend!

You never know...
    She would have joined the Conservatives if she had even an iota of interest in it!!

She would have joined the Conservatives if she had even an iota of interest in it!!
    Sometimes people change if they see an opportunity, especially for pay-back. I don't think JWR will go quietly into the night.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes people change if they see an opportunity, especially for pay-back. I don't think JWR will go quietly into the night.
    Keep on speculating. She is more likely to rejoin the Liberals once Trudeau is no longer PM!!

Keep on speculating. She is more likely to rejoin the Liberals once Trudeau is no longer PM!!
    We'll see I guess. But it would be fitting if she replaces him before he wants to leave. I think Liberals, given the choice as to who should lead that party, would take her over him hands down.

Never Been Justly Banned
    But he got the most votes in the last election.

At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    Better keep him then.
    Donít be a tough guy. Donít be a fool! I will call you later

He is toast.... cons waste no time sticking knives in each others backs. Only problem is, his replacement will probably be worse if doug Ford for Patrick Brown is any clue.

Blog Entries
    We'll see I guess. But it would be fitting if she replaces him before he wants to leave. I think Liberals, given the choice as to who should lead that party, would take her over him hands down.
    From where do you get your information?? JWR as a leader of the Liberals will never, never happen!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onthebottom View Post
    Matters not, just like Clinton did in the 2016 Presidential Elections.

I'd love for Scheer to stay as conservative leader to see how many times he wets the bed when he talks about Trudeau.

Jodie Wilson Raybould is a native Canadian, Conservatives have traditionally treated them worse than shit. The residential schools program was started by John A McDonald to keep Indians from revolting, it was no different than the strategy the Ottoman Turks used to repress the conquered Christians. One of the reasons why his statues are being taken down.

JWR is going to hang in until Trudeau or whoever else is leader figures out that she's needed. JWR represent Vancouver-Granville, a swing riding. Had she not been kicked out of the Liberal Party, Trudeau would have picked up at least five more seats in BC.

Harper's ex-campaign director joins voices calling on Scheer to quit Conservative leadership
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/and...arty-1.5377166

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Jodie Wilson Raybould is a native Canadian, Conservatives have traditionally treated them worse than shit. The residential schools program was started by John A McDonald to keep Indians from revolting, it was no different than the strategy the Ottoman Turks used to repress the conquered Christians. One of the reasons why his statues are being taken down.

JWR is going to hang in until Trudeau or whoever else is leader figures out that she's needed. JWR represent Vancouver-Granville, a swing riding. Had she not been kicked out of the Liberal Party, Trudeau would have picked up at least five more seats in BC.
    John A McDonald? That's a nice 200 year back-in-time reach. 1 statue was taken down by Victoria BC wingnuts. You make it sound like every statue in the nation is being taken down. It's not.
    Find me one audio or video clip of a Conservative Prime Minister being smug towards an Canadian aboriginal person. Ask me if I can find one of a Liberal PM doing that?

John A McDonald? That's a nice 200 year back-in-time reach. 1 statue was taken down by Victoria BC wingnuts. You make it sound like every statue in the nation is being taken down. It's not.
    Find me one audio or video clip of a Conservative Prime Minister being smug towards an Canadian aboriginal person. Ask me if I can find one of a Liberal PM doing that?
    200 years? I guess 'rithmatic wasn't your forte... and I suppose Mike Harris telling the OPP to "shoot the bastards" doesn't count?

Boobs, I'm sorry, you come across as a boob. Have you forgotten Oka? Residential schools where operating until that vile pusface (in your eyes) PET shut them down in the mid 70's. And let's not forget Elijah Harper being the first to object to the Meech Lake Accord. Do you consider the late Gordon Downie a degenerate wingnut? The Liberal Party needs JWR more than she needs them, and she knows it. In the fullness of time they will reconcile.

JWR joining the Conservative Party is akin to Winston Churchill sucking Adolf Hitler's cock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArOIdwcj2w8

Quote Originally Posted by wigglee View Post
    200 years? I guess 'rithmatic wasn't your forte... and I suppose Mike Harris telling the OPP to "shoot the bastards" doesn't count?
    He was Canada's first PM in 1867...ok so over 150 years ago...he was born in 1815...over 200 years ago...what's your point?

I said find me one audio or video clip...not the testimony of a disgruntled single witness.

Something like this if I need to hold your hand through this:

https://aptnnews.ca/2019/03/28/unacc...rows-advocate/

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    Boobs, I'm sorry, you come across as a boob. Have you forgotten Oka? Residential schools where operating until that vile pusface (in your eyes) PET shut them down in the mid 70's. And let's not forget Elijah Harper being the first to object to the Meech Lake Accord. Do you consider the late Gordon Downie a degenerate wingnut? The Liberal Party needs JWR more than she needs them, and she knows it. In the fullness of time they will reconcile.

JWR joining the Conservative Party is akin to Winston Churchill sucking Adolf Hitler's cock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArOIdwcj2w8
    1 statue. Move on.

11/30/2019 09:51 EST

Scheer Dismisses Those Calling For His Resignation At UCP Meeting“

They think that what Canada needs is a second Liberal Party,” he said.

Lauren Krugel
    Canadian Press

CALGARY — Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer has dismissed those calling for him to step down after last month’s election loss as elites and “talking heads” who know he’ll never relent in his opposition to the carbon tax.

“They think that what Canada needs is a second Liberal Party,” he said in a speech to the Alberta United Conservative Party annual general meeting on Friday.

“And you may have heard that some of these folks want me gone because they know I will never stand for that.”

The Liberals were re-elected with a minority government on October 21. They were entirely shut out of Alberta and Saskatchewan, where there is deep anger over the federal carbon tax, an overhaul of resource project environmental reviews and an oil tanker ban off the northern B.C. coast.

Scheer’s speech in the heart of Conservative country received a warm, but by no means raucous, reception. It was bookended by standing ovations and some in the crowd waved signs bearing his name.

When he asked UCP members whether a carbon tax would be the Conservatives’ path to victory in the next election, they responded with a hearty “no” followed by a smattering of cheers of “Andrew! Andrew! Andrew!”

The Conservative leader said he was deeply disappointed in the election results and would be listening and learning from people in his party about what can be done better next time.

“I am very interested in how you think our party must be shaped to finish the job we started this campaign,” he said.

“I am entirely uninterested in what the talking heads, the naysayers and the people who make their money by stirring up division in our party have to say.”

MP declines spot in shadow cabinet

Scheer cautioned against listening to those who want to turn the Conservatives’ April convention into an internal fight.

“When we focus on our differences instead of our common goals and our vision for a strong and united Canada, we have snatched victory from ourselves in the past,” he said.

Earlier Friday, Conservative MP and former cabinet minister Ed Fast said he has declined a spot in Scheer’s shadow cabinet, saying the party leader needs to be surrounded by people who fully support him.

The B.C. MP expressed frustration over how the party’s climate-change policy was handled, saying most of the voters he met didn’t even know the party had one. Fast had previously served as Scheer’s critic for the environment ministry.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 30, 2019.

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/sc...b00149f72feb4a

From where do you get your information?? JWR as a leader of the Liberals will never, never happen!!
    In politics anything can happen. People used to laugh at the thought of Trump actually becoming president.
    As an example of how wrong people could be when like you they say "never"...watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87UXIH8Lzo