Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dash Cam

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    185

    Dash Cam

    I have had too many near misses recently and I do not want to be in a he said- he said situation so I am seriously thinking of a dash cam.

    Anyone have one and can recommend the features I should be looking for.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by uklatecomer View Post
    I have had too many near misses recently and I do not want to be in a he said- he said situation so I am seriously thinking of a dash cam.

    Anyone have one and can recommend the features I should be looking for.
    Good low light. Good dynamic range. Make sure it has 2 channels front and back and GPS + accelerometers and records all your g force data. I like this one...

    https://www.amazon.ca/Blackvue-DR900...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

    Although it’s a bit old now however it’s discrete, fits behind the mirror, and I can access it via phone app and wifi. In case of accident you can just take the SD card out. It also has its own program on PC that you can download to overlay the map and can easily switch between back and front camera.
    Last edited by |2 /-\ | /|/; 10-28-2019 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Link should have been to Blackvue

  3. #3
    When is it time to retire
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Sitting at my desk
    Posts
    3,322
    Would be easier if the car companies built them into the rear view mirror and back end of the car. No need to have exposed wires all over the place. Cars are already loaded with high tech gear, one more piece would add so little to the overall cost of the vehicle. Cars already have back up camera's need one that will clean the glass as you drive with the proper camera angle.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    In a place far, far away
    Posts
    2,611
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    $80 and there is a $15 off coupon l

    All my company trucks have them. The backup cameras are in a bin because the trucks came with them.
    TDL
    Indian
    Greek
    ISO a SP with a tongue stud, Greek tour guide.
    It's scary when it's hairy - ban the bush

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post
    Would be easier if the car companies built them into the rear view mirror and back end of the car.
    That would be nice. I'd forego plenty of the current luxuries they have in new vehicles in favor of built-in "dashcams".

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    241
    Blog Entries
    1
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/

    Click the about button to see a big list of dash cams.

    Cheers,

  7. #7
    I agree that getting a dash cam with a good sensor for recording at night and as wide angle as you can get. 4K recording is overkill and will reduce the amount of footage that will get recorded on your hard. 1080p HD is more than sufficient. GPS is good to have for recording speed, location and having accurate date/time information.

    I have a couple of dash cams from dod-tech.ca. They're in Richmond Hill. Several of my co-workers have them and we all like how they function.

    Also consider how much your insurance deductible is when you purchase your dash cam. Don't cheap out on your dash cam. Being able to clearly capture any incident could potentially save you from an unnecessary traffic ticket or needless insurance claim.

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek71 View Post
    I agree that getting a dash cam with a good sensor for recording at night and as wide angle as you can get. 4K recording is overkill and will reduce the amount of footage that will get recorded on your hard. 1080p HD is more than sufficient. GPS is good to have for recording speed, location and having accurate date/time information.

    I have a couple of dash cams from dod-tech.ca. They're in Richmond Hill. Several of my co-workers have them and we all like how they function.

    Also consider how much your insurance deductible is when you purchase your dash cam. Don't cheap out on your dash cam. Being able to clearly capture any incident could potentially save you from an unnecessary traffic ticket or needless insurance claim.

    Cheers
    Or prove that you were at fault. lol

  9. #9
    Fabulously Full Figured Jessica Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    www.jessicarain.ch
    Posts
    3,628
    Blog Entries
    14
    I have this one and like it. Other members in my family have it too

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Fabulously Full Figured Fun

    Jessica Rain



    Website: www.jessicarain.ch

    Twitter: @MsJessicaRainSP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •