Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Just took an HIV test at home... Results....

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Just took an HIV test at home... Results....

    Negative! HUGE sigh of relief. I was SO dreading seeing the results.

    This is the test I took:

    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WONDFO-2PCS-...53.m2749.l2649

    Each kit has 2 tests, and they cost only $12 for both, with free shipping.


    Advantages:
    Very cheap (compared to other tests which cost $50 each)
    reliable (99%+)
    uses saliva (not blood) - no pain
    convenient (easy to use)
    instant (just wait 15 minutes for results)
    discreete (privacy)

    Shipping took a very reasonable time (from overseas), maybe about two weeks or less).

    Note, that when you put the buffer into the test kit, it says to put only four drops inside, but you have to add a lot more. Basically fill up the welll until it is full. The entire strip should become wet and change to a red colour. 15 minutes later either one or two lines appear. One line means you test negative, two means positive.


    Wondfo is a very reliable company. I did my research on them, and their test is widely accepted as valid.

  2. #2
    video instructions on how to take this test:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImIl7CYnkLs

  3. #3
    Go to the free clinic for an anonymous test. Takes two weeks but they give you an anonymous number to give them. Huge relief to get a negative result but I am always safe and covered but it always feels better to know.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by billie69 View Post
    Go to the free clinic for an anonymous test. Takes two weeks but they give you an anonymous number to give them. Huge relief to get a negative result but I am always safe and covered but it always feels better to know.
    You sure?
    I got one probably 4 years ago and it was instant.

  5. #5
    stinky nuts is an indication

  6. #6
    I get a free test from my GP.

  7. #7
    Health Canada plans to have HIV self test kits as early as 2020 and warns of buying other kits. Best to wait.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/h...warns-1.821912

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/hiv-self-test-1.5240284

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Health Canada plans to have HIV self test kits as early as 2020 and warns of buying other kits. Best to wait.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/h...warns-1.821912

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/hiv-self-test-1.5240284
    I think the US has a test approved by the FDA called oraquick.

    wondfo has been certified by the WHO.

    https://en.wondfo.com.cn/2018/12/12/...ied-pq-by-who/

  9. #9
    HIV is not very easy to catch, especially if you use protection. When I asked my doctor to be tested, he smiled and said (something to the effect of) if your not engaging in anal sex with gay guys, you have nothing to worry about. He then gave me the form and I tested negative.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy27 View Post
    HIV is not very easy to catch, especially if you use protection. When I asked my doctor to be tested, he smiled and said (something to the effect of) if your not engaging in anal sex with gay guys, you have nothing to worry about. He then gave me the form and I tested negative.
    Not just a gay sex, sex with multiple partners, in this hobby you should get tested regardless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •