Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 121 to 131 of 131

Thread: She the north

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Similar to Mike Weir.
    George Knudson. In one of his last interviews, he was really pissed that cigarettes were the cause of his premature dying.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post

    P.S. The best way to prevent tax avoidance/evasion is to lower tax rates.
    Yes, lower it to 0% so there's nothing to evade. You are brilliant. We'll just fund our public services with ass wipes. Teachers and police will all be volunteers work for nothing.

  3. #123
    Canada should follow the successful Singapore tax model.

    "Singapore follows a progressive resident tax rate starting at 0% and ending at 22% above S$320,000. There is no capital gain or inheritance tax. Individuals are taxed only on the income earned in Singapore. The income earned by individuals while working overseas is not subject to taxation barring a few exceptions."
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...-tax-haven.asp

    Meanwhile the lefties in Canada think that raising tax rates encourages more investments and generate higher tax revenue. Wrong!

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    27,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    George Knudson. In one of his last interviews, he was really pissed that cigarettes were the cause of his premature dying.
    Not sure what that has to do with being the first Canadian to win a major in their sport and each having only that one win.

    Does Bianca smoke cigarettes? Is Knudson also pissed that Brooke passed his career win record? Can Mike weir's winery be more successful than 99's?

    I'm just trying to tie it all together.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Not sure what that has to do with being the first Canadian to win a major in their sport and each having only that one win.

    Does Bianca smoke cigarettes? Is Knudson also pissed that Brooke passed his career win record? Can Mike weir's winery be more successful than 99's?

    I'm just trying to tie it all together.
    Someone mentioned the Canadian golfer Mike Weir so I mentioned the Canadian golfer George Knudson. The common thread is that both are Canadians, both are golfers and both have 8 PGA victories.

    "George Alfred Christian Knudson, CM (June 28, 1937 – January 24, 1989) was a Canadian professional golfer, who along with Mike Weir holds the record for the Canadian with the most wins on the PGA Tour, with eight career victories."

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal2006 View Post
    @gameboy. I'm not passive aggresive like many people in this country. I'd gladly tell her to her face my opinion. If it ever came to that. I've done it before at work or other situations and people are usually shocked. They expect someone that is afraid to speak up and that's not me. Thank God my balls have dropped unlike many men in this country that are either castrated by this system.

    As per your question if she wins one more I'll give her her due that it wasn't the stars aligning for her. Let's see time will tell who's right or wrong.

    I looked up she's made over $6M dollars gross so eith the tax system in this country taking most of that for themselves (let's face it social services in this province at least are bad at best. Go to a doctor's office just to see) she can never win another grand slam again and not have to worry about money if she is smart about her money. Good for her. She invested in herself and it paid off.
    Bianca won't pay it in taxes she is incorporated into Bianca INC, and the money will be held in her corporation to pay for her substantial operating expense as a professional athlete. Her team, transport, accomodation etc etc. of course endorsements will also pour in. The girl is a star.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Canada should follow the successful Singapore tax model.

    "Singapore follows a progressive resident tax rate starting at 0% and ending at 22% above S$320,000. There is no capital gain or inheritance tax. Individuals are taxed only on the income earned in Singapore. The income earned by individuals while working overseas is not subject to taxation barring a few exceptions."
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...-tax-haven.asp

    Meanwhile the lefties in Canada think that raising tax rates encourages more investments and generate higher tax revenue. Wrong!
    Singapore is an island of 721 sq km with a tropical climate... there is no comparison whatsoever.

  8. #128
    Ya some of u wine gaga booboo tax rich more except bianca joke

    Im amazed though the liberal feminist cucks arent shittin their pants more it is their dream for women to win everything. Is it cause tennis is seen as elitest or navratilova rejection of trans. For anyone who follows sport u know the u.s. open is huge n shes first cdn to win. Strange not more hype

  9. #129
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    27,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Someone mentioned the Canadian golfer Mike Weir so I mentioned the Canadian golfer George Knudson. The common thread is that both are Canadians, both are golfers and both have 8 PGA victories.

    "George Alfred Christian Knudson, CM (June 28, 1937 – January 24, 1989) was a Canadian professional golfer, who along with Mike Weir holds the record for the Canadian with the most wins on the PGA Tour, with eight career victories."
    You are so out to lunch. We know who George Knudson was, however the discussion got into talking about how Bianca has only one major so far, so I compared that to Mike Weir and his one major and both of them were the first to win a major in their respective sport. In no way does George Knudson enter into any discussion here. Even your attempt at a rationalization is nonsensical. If I mentioned Mike Weir you could have started talking about Mike Tyson or Michael Harris or Bob Weir. They have as much to do with this discussion as George Knudson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Meanwhile the lefties in Canada think that raising tax rates encourages more investments and generate higher tax revenue. Wrong!
    Between your ridiculously stupid posts, your lack of reading comprehension and your incessant need to bring in politics into each and every discussion on any topic, it is impossible to take anything that you post seriously.
    Last edited by shack; 09-14-2019 at 10:01 AM.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    I compared that to Mike Weir and his one major and both of them were the first to win a major in their respective sport.
    Sure, feel free to talk about Mike Weir all you want but Knudson was famous before Weir.


    bring in politics into each and every discussion on any topic,
    Some members were talking about how some Canadian tennis players are officially resident outside Canada which I think is because places like Monaco have a no or lower tax rates. It is politicians who set tax rates.

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    27,685
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Sure, feel free to talk about Mike Weir all you want but Knudson was famous before Weir.
    But the point is that any talk of Knudson has absolutely zero to do with Bianca or Canadians winning first majors. How far out to lunch can you be?

    Since you mention George Knudson, let's talk about George, The Animal, Steele or George of the Jungle.. They have the same relevance to Canadians winning majors as Knudson.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •