Thread: Boosting Up A Very Slow Internet Speed

Blog Entries

Boosting Up A Very Slow Internet Speed

Has anyone tried this device for $49.99 plus taxes to pay for this device that would boost the speed of their internet by up to around 4 times:

https://www.superboostwifi.com/en/or...&network_id=69

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals!!

It's a device that helps boost wifi signal, not increase your internet speeds. You want faster internet speeds pay Rogers or Bell more $$$.

As glam stated, this device won't actually boost the internet speed beyond what your ISP provides. But it may boost the speed at your device if you've been experiencing connectivity issues.

Blog Entries
    Some of the users claim that it automatically increases the speed of the internet that arrives at your internet modem.

http://www.ihomegadgets.com/wifiboos...s/1/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Some of the users claim that it automatically increases the speed of the internet that arrives at your internet modem.

http://www.ihomegadgets.com/wifiboos...s/1/index.html
    Ok you buy it and find out. I know better not to though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Ok you buy it and find out. I know better not to though.
    I have read the reviews. Some are very positive while there are also some very negative ones as well. The biggest issue is setting it up, as it does not seem that simple.
    There are other ways of increasing the speed, that I will try out first without really spending any cash at all.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    It's a device that helps boost wifi signal,
    I heard but don't actually know anyone who is doing this. You can get free Internet if you live very close to a place that offers free wi-fi.

Has anyone tried this device for $49.99 plus taxes to pay for this device that would boost the speed of their internet by up to around 4 times:

https://www.superboostwifi.com/en/or...&network_id=69
    damn kids are playing fortnite

Right from the link you provided:

"SuperBoost Wi-Fi effectively doubles your wireless internet signal, creating a stronger, more reliable connection."
    "SuperBoost Wi-Fi eliminates all internet connectivity problems caused by dead zones, multiple users, and out-of-range devices."

All it does is extend the range of your WiFi connection. That's it.

If people have increased speeds, it's because they had issues before which are now resolved. It doesn't magically boost your incoming Internet connection speed.

Also, treat reviews (especially those on their website) with a HUGE grain of salt. They're fake.

If your Wifi router supports 5Ghz and you have been using 2.4Ghz mode then you can expect your Wifi connection to use the maximum bandwidth possible on your internet connection if you switch to 5Ghz mode.
    As example, I have 300mbps connection with Rogers. When I use 2.4Ghz I get 80mbps throughput on my Wifi, when I use 5Ghz I actually get way more then I am paying for at 450mbps.
    The main difference with 5Ghz vs 2.4Ghz is that 5Ghz has trouble going through walls while 2.4Ghz is better at going through walls so if you have a pretty good line of sight to the router then 5Ghz will scream as compared to 2.4Ghz.

Try it and report.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemouse View Post
    Right from the link you provided:

"SuperBoost Wi-Fi effectively doubles your wireless internet signal, creating a stronger, more reliable connection."
    "SuperBoost Wi-Fi eliminates all internet connectivity problems caused by dead zones, multiple users, and out-of-range devices."

All it does is extend the range of your WiFi connection. That's it.

If people have increased speeds, it's because they had issues before which are now resolved. It doesn't magically boost your incoming Internet connection speed.

Also, treat reviews (especially those on their website) with a HUGE grain of salt. They're fake.
    What I know for a fact is that although you are supposed to receive a certain speed of let's say 25Mbps, in reality your modem just transmits less than 20Mbps. There is a certain loss of Mbps by the time it is delivered to your Modem from the Transmission Street box. There are various factors causing it. But I tried something very simple and it boosted my speed by almost two times my original Download speed. All I did was to use a Cat 6 Ethernet Cable along with two rechargeable batteries at either end pasted on to it by Electrician's Tape. The Inductive Current really helped.

What I know for a fact is that although you are supposed to receive a certain speed of let's say 25Mbps, in reality your modem just transmits less than 20Mbps. There is a certain loss of Mbps by the time it is delivered to your Modem from the Transmission Street box. There are various factors causing it. But I tried something very simple and it boosted my speed by almost two times my original Download speed. All I did was to use a Cat 6 Ethernet Cable along with two rechargeable batteries at either end pasted on to it by Electrician's Tape. The Inductive Current really helped.
    What????

Quote Originally Posted by HungSowel View Post
    What????
    You can check it out here hhttps://youtu.be/usQXYmyFJJQ - its all a big hoax tho

Blog Entries
    Well it worked for me. Even some of the responses to that You Tube link gave it the thumbs up.