Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau Violated Conflict of Interest Act

Trudeau Violated Conflict of Interest Act

Ethics Commissioner submitted report that states Trudeau violated the Conflict of Interest Act (again).

This guy is ethically challenged.

Rules are for little people.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Ethics Commissioner submitted report that states Trudeau violated the Conflict of Interest Act (again).

This guy is ethically challenged.
    Dart, is this report pertaining to the SNC-Lavalin affair?

Hail to the king, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshaft View Post
    Dart, is this report pertaining to the SNC-Lavalin affair?
    Yes.

The man is a hypocrite and unfit to lead. His combination of ignorance, stupidity, and corruption is unprecedented in the PMs office.
    G.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Yes.

The man is a hypocrite and unfit to lead. His combination of ignorance, stupidity, and corruption is unprecedented in the PMs office.
    Unless you compare him to Ford, for instance, whose ethical breeches are far worse and far more serious.

This is a minor issue about undue influence while protecting jobs, something that most right wingers would be screaming should have happened had Doug Ford or some other right winger done it.
    Nothingburger.
    “To abandon facts is to abandon freedom. If nothing is true, then no one can criticize power, because there is no basis upon which to do so. If nothing is true, then all is spectacle

Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Unless you compare him to Ford, for instance, whose ethical breeches are far worse and far more serious.

This is a minor issue about undue influence while protecting jobs, something that most right wingers would be screaming should have happened had Doug Ford or some other right winger done it.
    Nothingburger.
    If Doug had shot down an inquiry or paid off a general, you'd be here screaming "obstruction of Justice!!!!" to the high heavens. LOL!!!!
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    If Doug had shot down an inquiry or paid off a general, you'd be here screaming "obstruction of Justice!!!!" to the high heavens. LOL!!!!
    The difference here is that Trudeau did this to save jobs in Quebec, whereas Druggie keeps breaking the rules to hire family and enrich himself.
    Not surprised you don't see the difference.
    “To abandon facts is to abandon freedom. If nothing is true, then no one can criticize power, because there is no basis upon which to do so. If nothing is true, then all is spectacle

The difference here is that Trudeau did this to save jobs in Quebec, whereas Druggie keeps breaking the rules to hire family and enrich himself.
    ROFLMAO!!! Better pull down your skirt, your hypocrisy is showing.

He didn't do it to save jobs. He did it for campaign contributions. And Quebec votes.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

Missing since AD 393
    But what about liberal transparency?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Yes.

It doesn't appear that the Ethics Commissioner can be bought by the same alleged tactics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    He didn't do it to save jobs. He did it for campaign contributions. And Quebec votes.
    Nonsense. SNC gives generously to several parties. And their donations are limited. Electoral outcome was a consideration but to me that is not a big deal. He did not do this to personally enrich himself or his cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by nottyboi View Post
    Nonsense. SNC gives generously to several parties. And their donations are limited. Electoral outcome was a consideration but to me that is not a big deal. He did not do this to personally enrich himself or his cronies.
    Ya right......they gave to the NDP I'm sure......

There is no getting around this. There is a principle involved in this especially egregious due to his own mouth in this matter.

Virtue signalling indeed.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    But what about liberal transparency?
    You are being sarcastic right?

Hail to the king, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by nottyboi View Post
    ha hahahha ahhahahaha

Uhh, yeah, right. Their contributions massively favor the Liberals. This guy had to fall on his sword so it went away.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ele...neau-1.4984823

Then of course you have all the scams and influence around the Trudeau foundation (this has actually picked up):
    https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...analysis-shows

Have dinner with Justin, drop 1.5M to the foundation, and things happen. However his scams are not enough. He had to virtue signal and fuck up trade for people who actually create something.

You need to face it. Trudeau has no idea what he is doing, and his dedication is only to himself and his party. He will destroy Canada, and will sink as low as necessary in order to win.
    G.

This will be a nothing burger

Conservatives will say he was trying to help the rich, liberals will say they were looking after the little guy by trying to protect jobs. Its down to messaging now.

90 % of the Canadian public is more worried about whats for dinner so this will not affect the election much.

In any democratic country he would be hounded out by the media...but not here. Sadly
    Tell it like it is at all costs

This is his second violation. His first was a vacation paid by the Aga Khan. He is a serial ethics violator. Of course, then there is also that groping incident.

POS of fucking Groper Hypocrite .......The worst part is that Trudeau gets to decide what his punishment is going to be...

From surf clams to limousines, a not-so-comprehensive list of Liberal ethics complaints under Trudeau

While claims that Trudeau is the first prime minister 'in history' to breach ethics laws is a bit rich, the party has had a long list of ethics complaints over a very short period

OTTAWA — Justin Trudeau made history in December 2017 when he became the first sitting prime minister to break federal ethics laws, after it was determined that he wrongly accepted an all-expenses paid trip to the Aga Khan’s private island a year earlier for a family vacation.

On Wednesday, Trudeau further deepened that achievement, after the ethics commissioner found the prime minister had again violated conflict of interest laws — this time for attempts made by his office to sway the attorney general toward intervening in the prosecution of engineering giant SNC-Lavalin.

His title of being the first-ever leader to breach these laws is somewhat thin: Canada’s Conflict of Interest Act only came into effect in 2006, and so has only applied to two prime ministers.

But even so, critics say the latest ruling highlights what they categorize as a deep-lying instinct by the Liberal government to cozy up to wealthy supporters while publicly voicing their deep affection for the modest middle class.

Here, the National Post provides a not-at-all comprehensive list of the Trudeau government’s run-ins with the ethics commissioner since taking power in 2015.

Philpott Report (December 2016)

The finding: Cleared former health minister Jane Philpott of any wrongdoing in her use of a luxury car service. The investigation was commissioned after it was reported that the Health ministry had spent $1,700 on a single day to chauffeur the minister around Toronto and Hamilton using a limousine company owned by a Liberal donor and volunteer. Mary Dawson found that Philpott never used a “stretch” limo but did use the services of Executive Limousine & Livery Service Inc.

Trudeau Report I (December 2017)

The finding: Ruled that Trudeau breached federal ethics rules when he and his family took a Christmas vacation in 2016 on the Aga Khan’s private Bahamian island. The all-expenses paid trip, which included a ride in the billionaire’s private helicopter, could “reasonably be seen to have been given to influence” the prime minister, according the commissioner’s report.

Morneau Report (June 2018)

The finding: Cleared Finance Minister Bill Morneau of breaking conflict of interest laws for endorsing Bill C-27, which amended rules to private pensions, among other things. The report was launched after it was found that Morneau formerly and indirectly held shares in Morneau Shepell, for which the finance minister had earlier served as executive chairman. The firm oversees billions in private pensions and is the “largest regulator-appointed pension administrator in Canada,” according to its website.

LeBlanc Report (September 2018)

The finding: Found that former fisheries minister Dominic LeBlanc broke conflict of interest rules in awarding a lucrative Arctic surf clam licence to a company linked to his wife’s cousin. The commissioner wrote that LeBlanc was aware of the “extensive involvement” of Gilles Thériault in the local fishing industry, and that he stood to gain from a contract awarded to the Five Nations Clam Company.

Trudeau Report II (August 2019)

The finding: Determined that Trudeau had broken conflict of interest rules when he and several high-level officials in the Prime Minister’s Office put sustained pressure on the former attorney general in a bid to secure a deferred prosecution for SNC-Lavalin, a Montreal-based engineering giant. Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion wrote that there was “no doubt” that Trudeau’s efforts to sway former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould “furthered SNC-Lavalin’s interests” and was therefore “contrary to the constitutional principles of prosecutorial independence and the rule of law.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi..._autoplay=true

It's hilarious that he says he doesn't feel he did anything wrong. Oh I know,it's Doug Ford's fault.
    Anyone who votes liberal needs their head examined.

Will Trudeau fils be turfed out of office as he and the Grits richly deserve!

Hail to the king, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazokajoe View Post
    It's hilarious that he says he doesn't feel he did anything wrong. Oh I know,it's Doug Ford's fault.
    Anyone who votes liberal needs their head examined.
    The irony is the serial apologist will never apologize for his own behavior. An empty shell man-child.
    G.

The difference here is that Trudeau did this to save jobs in Quebec....
    Although there's no evidence P. T. Barnum actually said it, the quote often attributed to Barnum about a "sucker born every minute" definitely applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moviefan-2 View Post
    Although there's no evidence P. T. Barnum actually said it, the quote often attributed to Barnum about a "sucker born every minute" definitely applies here.
    Coming from a guy who still thinks climate change isn't real and backs right wingers like Doug Ford, I have to say you need a new mirror.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast