Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs - 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
    I wish Gardiner had gone to Boston.
    The irony is he'll probably play his best games against the Leafs, who play a all finesse and minimal contact game. That'll suit Jake fine and he will not be forced into making the bone head mistakes like the Bruins would scare him to.

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    Have you looked at the cap numbers What the fuck are these idiots thinking? We're saddled with both Clarkson and Horton at $10.5M on LTIR which goes against the cap. And we're still paying $1.2M for Kessel's salary and he's been gone for 4 years already. Not to mention the ridiculous Nylander contract. And who the fuck is this Ilya Mikheyev character chewing up $925K of cap space? This is why we can't get Marner signed. A hometown boy who wants to play here, is a thrill to watch and makes shit happen on the ice. Sickening.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs

Don't fret, K Dougie.
    As soon as is needed, Clarkson & Horton's cap hits will be moved to L.T.I.R.
    They are having zero effect on whether or when Mitch Marner signs.

What exactly is your concern with the Maple Leafs covering $1.2Mm of PK81's contract?

Ilya Mikheyev? I think he'll be fine.
    I trust the Maple Leafs scouting and development departments more than you do, I suppose.

Trevor Moore will lay one on him and he'll cough it up.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Jerk Gardiner.
    Why "Jerk"?

Quote Originally Posted by smuddan View Post
    the Leafs, who play a all finesse and minimal contact game.
    The Leafs need to get meaner. hit a few people.

P.S. Congrats to P.K. who is now engaged to Lindsey Vonn.

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Don't fret, K Dougie.

The Leafs are currently sitting almost $4 million over the salary cap ceiling.
    Clarkson and Horton can be moved to L.T.I.R. but they first have to be placed on the active roster to be moved.
    Almost no Leafs on the roster are waiver exempt.
    Let's admit if they sign Marner after October 1st, this is going to be interesting. The clock, she a tickin'...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckertmg View Post
    The Leafs are currently sitting almost $4 million over the salary cap ceiling.
    Clarkson and Horton can be moved to L.T.I.R. but they first have to be placed on the active roster to be moved.
    Almost no Leafs on the roster are waiver exempt.
    Let's admit if they sign Marner after October 1st, this is going to be interesting. The clock, she a tickin'...
    Zach Hyman and Travis Dermott's contracts will also be placed on L.T.I.R. to start the season.
    The clock is ticking/it's going to get interesting for both camps, the Maple Leafs & Mitch Marner's.
    I don't see MM16 playing for the Zurich Lions this season.
    I'm sure Brandon Pridham has laid out all salary scenarios for the rest of the Maple Leafs braintrust, ie., what dollar amount, what date MM16 signs, has taken into account who needs to be placed on waivers/who doesn't.
    This isn't Toronto's 1st rodeo with a young star's contract negotiations.

It'll get done.

The clock is ticking/it's going to get interesting for both camps, the Maple Leafs & Mitch Marner's.
    I don't see MM16 playing for the Zurich Lions this season.
    I'm sure Brandon Pridham has laid out all salary scenarios for the rest of the Maple Leafs braintrust, ie., what dollar amount, what date MM16 signs, has taken into account who needs to be placed on waivers/who doesn't.
    I'm sure they do have all scenario's mapped out. It just gets progressively more unpleasant the longer they wait.

Marner had asked about working out with the Zurich Lions but there's probably zero chance he'd play there.
    I believe under the CBA if Marner signs with a non-NHL team, he has to clear waivers when he comes back. Neither side would want that.

Why "Jerk"?
    Cause Don Cherry called that team a bunch of jerks and the team adopted it. Now that Gardiner is part of that team.

Cause Don Cherry called that team a bunch of jerks and the team adopted it. Now that Gardiner is part of that team.
    Ah, okay. Thanks.
    So, basically the opposite of the traditional meaning of "jerk".

so one of the drawing cards of signing there is to be able to do the after game song and dance routine.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    so one of the drawing cards of signing there is to be able to do the after game song and dance routine.
    There goes his back again.

Yes, after scoring the game winner in OT in their first home game he is the lead in black swan does a pirouette in the post game celebration and injures himself. Out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    You mean how they slam into boards to celly a win? Gardiner blows his back.

I predict Canes going to win the cup. Gardiner hoisting the cup

Blog Entries
    And that is when he hurts his back.

If Canes win and Gardiner tries to hoist the cup, I predict he will be manhandled and stripped of the cup by one of his teammates.

They can win the Gardiner cup

It was reported that the Marner camp turned down a 11 x 7 offer from the Leafs. That sounds like a pretty fair offer all things considered. Apparently they're looking for 11 x 5 as Matthews' deal, so the difference could just be the term.

If the report is true, wouldn't it make sense for both sides to settle for 11 x 6 to avoid the Nylander fiasco like last year ? It would only do harm to both sides if it drags on much longer.

It was reported that the Marner camp turned down a 11 x 7 offer from the Leafs. That sounds like a pretty fair offer all things considered. Apparently they're looking for 11 x 5 as Matthews' deal, so the difference could just be the term.

If the report is true, wouldn't it make sense for both sides to settle for 11 x 6 to avoid the Nylander fiasco like last year ? It would only do harm to both sides if it drags on much longer.
    11x7 is a great deal, Marner should come around to taking it.

Half Man Half Amazing
    Don't fret, K Dougie.

What exactly is your concern with the Maple Leafs covering $1.2Mm of PK81's contract?

Ilya Mikheyev? I think he'll be fine.
    I trust the Maple Leafs scouting and development departments more than you do, I suppose.
    I believe that there's a limit on LTIR isn't it 10% of the upper limit? They are already over it with just Clarkson and Horton. Not to mention Dermott and Hyman who are both out until Nov/Dec.

I shine and rise at the same time.

I agreed, but at the same time I'm not blaming Marner for thinking that he's just as valuable to the team as Matthews. They're both great players and may be the best forward tandem in the whole league for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by K Douglas View Post
    I believe that there's a limit on LTIR isn't it 10% of the upper limit? They are already over it with just Clarkson and Horton. Not to mention Dermott and Hyman who are both out until Nov/Dec.
    No, if a player's hurt, he's hurt.
    The 10% deal is that a team can be above the Upper Cap Limit by up to 10% during the off~season.
    They must be in compliance by Opening Night of regular season.

I agreed, but at the same time I'm not blaming Marner for thinking that he's just as valuable to the team as Matthews. They're both great players and may be the best forward tandem in the whole league for the next few years.
    Reality testing. Mathews has missed 40 games in the last two years and Marner has yet to score 30 goals in a season. Sorry to be so blunt.

P.S. I nominate Morgan Rielly for captain.