Thread: France 'jihadist' woman accused of terror attack against Notre Dame sentenced

France 'jihadist' woman accused of terror attack against Notre Dame sentenced

Only 8 years?

ONE OF THREE women allegedly involved in a foiled plot in 2016 to blow up a car packed with gas canisters near the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris was today sentenced to eight years in prison by a French court for earlier offences.

Ines Madani, 22, was sentenced following a three-day trial during which she was accused of encouraging would-be jihadists to go to Syria and participate in attacks against France between March 2015 and June 2016.
    She used Telegram – an encrypted messaging app widely used by jihadists to communicate.
    Judge Isabelle Prevost-Desprez said that Madani was “recruited” by Oumar Diaw, also known as Abou Barrou, an influential jihadist of the Islamic State group.

She used different pseudonyms on social networks, pretending for example to be Abu Souleymane, a jihadist returned from Raqa to carry out attacks in France.
    “You had some autonomy in the management of your personality…. Your determination marks your dangerousness,” Prevost-Desprez said.
    Madani’s lawyer, Laurent Pasquet-Marinacce, said her client, aged 18 at the time, was “a girl in search of recognition and love”.

“This (the sentence) is an acceptable decision,” she said.
    Madani’s trial for trying to set fire to the car filled with six gas cylinders near Notre Dame will begin on 23 September.

https://www.thejournal.ie/france-jai...90216-Apr2019/

I dunno about the sentence? I guess it’s seen as less severe because the plot was never executed? Maybe she pleaded guilty in exchange for a lighter sentence? Maybe she cooperated with authorities regarding exposing others in the network?

Who knows??? We’ll probably never know all the details of something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

...Come back to reality bro!

You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    I dunno about the sentence? I guess it’s seen as less severe because the plot was never executed? Maybe she pleaded guilty in exchange for a lighter sentence? Maybe she cooperated with authorities regarding exposing others in the network?

Who knows??? We’ll probably never know all the details of something like that.
    I hear you, what I'm worried about is once she gets out...she can be a danger again. Maybe deport her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    I hear you, what I'm worried about is once she gets out...she can be a danger again. Maybe deport her.
    Is she a French citizen? If so, I think they are stuck with her.

If not, I think deportation is handled by a separate court system. I’ve never heard of incarcerating someone and then deporting them upon release...I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

...Come back to reality bro!

You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

Notre Dame is now burning..apparently groups of the religion of peace online are cheering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    Notre Dame is now burning..apparently groups of the religion of peace online are cheering.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794
    Must be the globalist news conspiracy but you seem to be the only one discussing the fire as a terrorist issue.

Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Must be the globalist news conspiracy but you seem to be the only one discussing the fire as a terrorist issue.
    Can't help if you don't get around much online.

'Have a nice day': ISIS fanatics revel in Notre Dame's destruction days before Easter as they describe the inferno as 'retribution and punishment'
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unishment.html

Blog Entries
    Short-circuit likely caused Notre Dame fire: police official:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/short-c...cial-1.4385775

Yet the sickening online misinformation by the right wingers with the various Conspiracy Theories knows no bounds!!

On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Short-circuit likely caused Notre Dame fire: police official:...
    But that's only what THEY want you to believe.

Blog Entries
    But that's only what THEY want you to believe.
    Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    Sarcasm. I though that obvious.

Blog Entries
    Sarcasm. I though that obvious.
    It was not that obvious, but thanks for clarifying.