Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NHL Playoff Predictions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Chara did not play after getting hit with a puck on the face with the game on the line. He'll likely be wearing full shield for next game. Blues playing a heavy game but now more disciplined because Boston PP is lethal.
    Blues goalie has great attitude. I like his demeanor. Plays with a chip on his shoulders
    Blues play a heavy game. They may win by attrition.

holy geez, taylor was right, haters gonna hate!

Chara may have a broken jaw. Would (no pun intended) be a big loss and (pun intended) a tall order for the Bruins to overcome. There seems to have been more facial injuries in the playoffs this year.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rep...222629947.html

Quote Originally Posted by northofsixty View Post
    Chara may have a broken jaw. Would (no pun intended) be a big loss and (pun intended) a tall order for the Bruins to overcome.
    Can he still play with a full mask? Or, is that too risky? (I mean his arms and legs still work.)

https://terb.cc/vbulletin/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by northofsixty https://terb.cc/vbulletin/images/but...post-right.png
    Chara may have a broken jaw. Would (no pun intended) be a big loss and (pun intended) a tall order for the Bruins to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    Can he still play with a full mask? Or, is that too risky? (I mean his arms and legs still work.)
    I would think that the risk of additional major damage would be too high as even though as tall as Chara is he could still get a shoulder, elbow, stick, or another puck to the same spot.
    Even with a full cage the impact could be enough to aggravate the existing injury.

Quote Originally Posted by northofsixty View Post
    I would think that the risk of additional major damage would be too high as even though as tall as Chara is he could still get a shoulder, elbow, stick, or another puck to the same spot.
    Even with a full cage the impact could be enough to aggravate the existing injury.
    I wouldn't risk him playing against the heavy hitting Blues (but maybe if they were playing the gentle Leafs). Looks like he will sit out game 5.

I still remembered when Stevens almost killed the injured Lindros.

As much as I like the intensity of a game 7 for the Stanley Cup I hope the Blues win it on Sunday at home.

Really wanted to hear "Gloria" one more time!! It will tough to beat the Bruins at home - but Binnington has bounced back with strong games after losing so there is still hope. Blues really need to generate more quality scoring chances and have players like Schwartz and Schenn step up their game.

I don't want to see Marchand skating around with the Cup on Wednesday night as he is already too smug

What if?

JFJ was willing to trade one of his young goalies to acquire an experienced goalie. He was going to trade Justin Pogge to the Bruins for Andrew Raycroft. Richard Peddie vetoed the trade, he figured that Pogge was the second coming of Johnny Bower. He made the trade but gave the Bruins Tuukka Rask instead.

Na na na na, na na na na, heyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Magic Number is back to 16

Congrats STL, your Goalie was AWEsome!

***The Ship has Sunk***

Happy for Tyler.

No tears for Marchand.

Imagine if Leafs had played Blues in finals. Battle of the longest Stanley Cup droughts at 52 years. There has to be tremendous pressure on Leafs now. Holder of the sole team with the longest drought. Not only have they not won the cup since 67 they haven't even made the finals. That is just embarrassing. Especially after an expansion team in it's first year was able to do what Leafs couldn't in the last 52 years.

Good for Steen and Gunnarsson as well. Blues was no fluke. They were the best team after Jan 1st. They had Billington buried at 4th in the depth chart. Their defense is actually stacked with Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Bowmeester.

Steen was one of my favourites at the time when he was a Leaf and traded. He played at a high level soon after. He's at the tail end of his career now but still a leader with an A on his sweater and a very effective 4th liner.

Blues are known as a banging team so you know Leafs are going to hear about it from a lot of people.

The St. Louis Blues, the 5th least penalized team (Pen.Min./Game) in playoffs.
    The Boston Bruins, the 2nd least penalized team (Pen.Min./Game) in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    The St. Louis Blues, the 5th least penalized team (Pen.Min./Game) in playoffs.
    The Boston Bruins, the 2nd least penalized team (Pen.Min./Game) in playoffs.
    The Blues also had talent spread very evenly through the team.
    Their 4th line was pulling 17 to 18 minutes per game in the final series. Remarkable.

Never expected to see that for a final score against Boston.
    It was critical for the Blues to get the first goal.

Boston was amazing the whole playoffs, especially that lethal PP.

Happy the Blues won though. It was a great Game 7 and series.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Blog Entries
    Is Pietrangelo the best defenceman in the league?

Great to see the Blues win the Cup - perfect ending to an amazing comeback season and a huge win for the long suffering Blue's fans.

Pietrangelo's goal proved to be the game and Cup winning goal - and while not as spectacular as Orr's flying through the air Cup winning OT goal in 1970 - it was a subtle thing of beauty with his move to the backhand and placing the shot perfectly.

Loved Ryan O'Reilly's F-bomb in his interview with Scott Oake and how apologetic he was - just shows the raw emotion and how much winning the Cup means as players know how hard it is to do.

i give the blues credit, 3 wins in boston. great series. see ya next season.

The Bruins should get rid of Marchand. He is an embarrassment to the team (and league).

Remember how quickly the Bruins got rid of Tyler Sequin because they didn't approve of his "lifestyle" choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Darts View Post
    The Bruins should get rid of Marchand. He is an embarrassment to the team (and league).

Remember how quickly the Bruins got rid of Tyler Sequin because they didn't approve of his "lifestyle" choices.
    He's just too valuable to their team, and a key element to their chemistry and success.

I hate Marchand with a passion. How he drags his leg to trip guys from behind, drawing a mock "C" on his shirt to goat Justin Williams,
    breaking a guys stick by stepping on the blade.. all of which makes Brad who he is.

The absolute most cringe worthy thing Marchand started doing, was licking other guys. Thats plain wrong..lol

But short of the licking guys, I'd actually love to see him in Toronto. You hate guys like him, but enjoy when they play for you.

When I started watching the Leafs in the early 90s, my obvious favorites were Gilmour and Clark. Another favorite of mine, was not knowing for his scoring touch, but rather being a pest.
    That guy was Bill Berg.

While I hate guys like Claude Lemieux or Marchand for being more on the dirty side, I do like a guy who can get the other team off their game.

If you have 5min, I found an old Bill Berg Interview worth the watch. It talks about his role as a Leaf, relationship with Burns, and how happy he was when Toronto picked him
    up off waivers.

Today its all about money. But to see Berg and his girlfriend thrilled about being acquired by the Leafs so that they were close to home, is really nice to hear.

Kathleen being a Badkat at HFH

Available at Hands from Heaven Spa in Brampton. Please Visit HFH website for schedule and which location I'll be at each week.
    Available also Independent SP (Mississauga Based Now) - Please visit my site Badkat.net for info and email.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    licking guys. Thats plain wrong..lol
    Yeah? But how wrong is it when you do it?

If you are an NHL GM, who would you rather have?

Brad Marchand or Tyler Sequin? The Bruins got rid of Sequin because he likes to party.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hocke...g_reports.html

A sadder and a wiser man.
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...f6h?ocid=wispr

One of the true faithful bet $400 on the Blues in January at 250:1 odds to win it all and collects $100K. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Is Pietrangelo the best defenceman in the league?
    No .

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast