Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Rielly

Blog Entries

Morgan Rielly

Arguably the Leafs' MVP, but with only 8 pim to this point of the season for a D'man, should Rielly be considered for a Lady Byng?

Andersen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Andersen
    Really? Has a goalie ever won the Lady Byng?

Rielly is good but someone should check Andersen out, he probably has a silverback.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    Arguably the Leafs' MVP, but with only 8 pim to this point of the season for a D'man, should Rielly be considered for a Lady Byng?
    Sure, why not?
    Three defencemen have won the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (Leonard (Red) Kelly, Bill Quackenbush, & Brian Campbell).

when you ask an intelligent question I will answer. Everything is going right over your head.

Half Man Half Amazing
    Nope. But he should be in the conversation for the Norris.

I shine and rise at the same time.

and a Lady Byng is an insult to a hockey player. Ask Mogilny.

Blog Entries
    and a Lady Byng is an insult to a hockey player. Ask Mogilny.
    I'd rather ask Dave Keon.

Winning the Lady Byng is like winning Miss Congeniality at a beauty contest. It's ok I guess but I prefer the Rocket Richard or Norris trophy.

R.I.P. Just heard that Harry Howell passed away. (Saw him in person once, couldn't believe the size of his huge hands.)

I'd rather ask Dave Keon.
    You sure he is proud of the lady byng?

Blog Entries
    You sure he is proud of the lady byng?
    He played the game clean and with honour but hard. You couldn't survive in that 6 team league if you did not play hard, but he avoided penalties at the same time.

I'd bet money he is proud.

I guess with the league investigating Rielly and Dubas saying they donít tolerate such behaviour that might be the end of the Lady Byng discussion...
    Barkhov should have a wrap on it anyway unless Toronto journalists are the only ones that vote.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckertmg View Post
    I guess with the league investigating Rielly and Dubas saying they don’t tolerate such behaviour that might be the end of the Lady Byng discussion...
    Barkhov should have a wrap on it anyway unless Toronto journalists are the only ones that vote.
    Morgan Rielly has been cleared by the NHL. He did not use the words he is accused of uttering in last night's game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gcostanza View Post
    Morgan Rielly has been cleared by the NHL. He did not use the words he is accused of uttering in last night's game.
    Maybe they should send him for some training in enunciation.

Lady Byng back on.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckertmg View Post
    I guess with the league investigating Rielly and Dubas saying they don’t tolerate such behaviour that might be the end of the Lady Byng discussion...
    Once again, social media goes nuts over something that never happened!

Maybe Morgan will win the Lady Byng. Good for him.

Morgan said "Fuckin Rag it!" That's what i heard. The term "rag" the puck is often used in hockey.

Yeap, that's the climate we live. Heaven forbid we upset the mighty LGBTQ community.

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Morgan said "Fuckin Rag it!" That's what i heard. The term "rag" the puck is often used in hockey.
    Yes, that must be it!
    Tampa was killing a penalty and were about to take possession of the puck, so I'm sure that's what Morgan told the referee to do.
    Makes perfect sense now....

I'm glad Reilly is cleared. It would've fucked him here worse than it did Pillar for the Jays. He's never been the same since.

I have to admit that I've never heard the term "Rag It" in hockey. Maybe I'm around nicer people? All I can think of is: "Are you on the Rag?" as a chirp to someone bitching...
    -Goodoer
    "I'd run for Government if it weren't for those naked pictures..."

Leafs paid the fine under the table with no mark on his record. They'll pay under the table for his Lady Byng as well.

Leafs paid the fine under the table with no mark on his record. They'll pay under the table for his Lady Byng as well.
    Riiiiiiiigggggghhhhht.
    Uh huh, tell us more, supastar.....

Quote Originally Posted by glamphotographer View Post
    Rielly said "Fucking Hook ......Fuck!!"
    At same time, as the Tampa player was about to take control of the puck, with no Leafs around him (Tampa shorthanded) players on the Lightning bench yelled "Rag it,....Rag Rag Rag", which was a smart hockey play in the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast