Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High net worth wealth management - worth it?

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar_88 View Post
    Are you saying get out?
    fuck no, just more risks. I don't make recommendations, just opinions

Quote Originally Posted by bluecolt View Post
    Over the last twenty years, I have seen my portfolio triple in value, My statement discloses a 11.95% annual increase over the term that I have used this portfolio manager. Some years, I have seen 25%-30% increases. I lost only 5% in 2008. I could not do this myself. Most casual investors are late to the market and lag behind the market. It is difficult to watch the market while you are doing other productive work.

What kind of math is this ?

11.95% is a fabulous return over 20 years. But compounding at 12% should lead to a portfolio doubling (72/12) in 6 years. Over 20 years, the portfolio should be up 10 fold, not 3 fold.

And that is the power of compounding.

Fisher Investments claims to have a compounded return of 8.6% since 1995 (after fees). That's 24 years for almost an 8 fold increase.

Guided Wealth does not appear to disclose what compounded rate of return it has historically provided to investors.

How do money managers make money? Guess what? It's from YOU! All the fees that they collect from you. If they were any good, they wouldn't need a job managing your or anyone else's money, they'd be trading/investing their own capital, making themselves richer.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOODG View Post
    These guys are the best from what I hear:

https://guidedwealthmanagement.ca/who-we-are/our-team

They have a roster of hand-selected, major players that are fully-committed to increasing your wealth and are well-versed in tax mitigation strategies.
    How many times are you going to shill this lame operation? You got called on them before.

They were known as Mangrove before ...
    https://terb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...t-advisor-help

VBB
    Some people are like slinkies ... they are not really good for anything ... but, they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

RockStar
    if you have the time and know how to deal your own cards, then you can enjoy the dealer with nice boobs. But if your idea of making money is playing the slots, then pick the dealer with the most expensive suit

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

I have used the same advisors for 20 years across 3 firms. I only pay per trade and I make those decisions and have a pretty good return over that period using dividends as reinvestment funds. Talk to my guys at least twice a month and they know my investment strategy, buy and hold through the bad times and never panic sell! You only lose money when you sell, mind you the same goes for profits!
    Tell it like it is at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bly View Post
    I have used the same advisors for 20 years across 3 firms. I only pay per trade and I make those decisions and have a pretty good return over that period using dividends as reinvestment funds. Talk to my guys at least twice a month and they know my investment strategy, buy and hold through the bad times and never panic sell! You only lose money when you sell, mind you the same goes for profits!
    It sounds like you don't even need your advisors.

Quote Originally Posted by yomero5 View Post
    It sounds like you don't even need your advisors.
    He's had advisors for 20 years but the advice he's offering here is so rudimentary. Makes me wonder as well what it is he is paying his advisors for.

Quote Originally Posted by VERYBADBOY View Post
    How many times are you going to shill this lame operation? You got called on them before.

They were known as Mangrove before ...
    https://terb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...t-advisor-help

VBB
    It's the only time I've ever seen someone reply to his own post.

Quote Originally Posted by WULA View Post
    What kind of math is this ?

11.95% is a fabulous return over 20 years. But compounding at 12% should lead to a portfolio doubling (72/12) in 6 years. Over 20 years, the portfolio should be up 10 fold, not 3 fold.

And that is the power of compounding.

Fisher Investments claims to have a compounded return of 8.6% since 1995 (after fees). That's 24 years for almost an 8 fold increase.

Guided Wealth does not appear to disclose what compounded rate of return it has historically provided to investors.
    Looks to me you caught a bluffer.

RockStar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bly View Post
    very nice. Seems like you have all hands on deck Cap! a long term position trader locked on to treasure island. Always great when your team is on the same page, to execute and lock on

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12