View Poll Results: Which Dem has the best shot at defeating trump in 2020?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elizabeth Warren

    0 0%
  • Bernie Sanders

    3 14.29%
  • Kamala Harris

    1 4.76%
  • Joe Biden

    12 57.14%
  • Beto O’Rourke

    2 9.52%
  • Cory Booker

    1 4.76%
  • Kirsten Gillibrand

    0 0%
  • Amy Klobuchar

    2 9.52%
  • Julian Castro

    0 0%
  • Tulsi Gabbard

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 48

Thread: Which Dem has the best chance of defeating trump in 2020?

  1. #1

    Which Dem has the best chance of defeating trump in 2020?

    Which potential Dem presidential nominee has the best shot at defeating trump in 2020?

    Note: There is only room for 10 choices on the poll so I had to leave out Sherrod Brown and Stacey Abrams.

    PS: Howard Schultz doesn’t count...he’s an Independent if he runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarGames View Post
    This here post, is the most hogwash I've read here on terb...

    ...Come back to reality bro!

    You've won the delusion award. Congratulations.

  2. #2
    Any one of them. Trump is a Criminal that will be Indicted immediately when he leaves office

    L

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    26,687
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is like some jokes about 9/11.

    Too soon. Too soon.

    There are declarations for candidacy yet to be made, and platforms yet to be revealed.

  4. #4
    Nobody on that list. The centrist candidate has not declared, yet.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    Nobody on that list. The centrist candidate has not declared, yet.
    Biden would probably be the most centrist so far, no?

    Or maybe Booker?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    Biden would probably be the most centrist so far, no?

    Or maybe Booker?
    Biden might or might not declare and, besides, he's a weak candidate. Booker is a lightweight.
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    Biden might or might not declare and, besides, he's a weak candidate. Booker is a lightweight.
    You believe a Centrist has the best chance to beat trump?

  8. #8
    old member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,620
    Id like to say Kamala Harris but it will probably be Biden if he doesn't dye of old age first

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    You believe a Centrist has the best chance to beat trump?
    How many independent voters will go for socialism?
    "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Hillary Clinton

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    How many independent voters will go for socialism?
    I dunno...If would be a calculated risk. Many young voters who might not otherwise vote would come out...but Dems might lose more moderate Independents.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpro View Post
    How many independent voters will go for socialism?
    Um. Imagine if they ran a well known centrist against Trump.......hmmmmm, now only if say they had done this before we could get an inkling of the outcome.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

    It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

  12. #12
    Not going to happen.

    The Russiagate farce will only backfire on the Dems to start with.

    Furthermore U.S. Trumpies will follow him off a cliff if need be

    My prediction is he wins every state as in 2016...Throw in the key state of New Hampshire as well

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by americanson View Post
    Not going to happen.

    The Russiagate farce will only backfire on the Dems to start with.

    Furthermore U.S. Trumpies will follow him off a cliff if need be

    My prediction is he wins every state as in 2016...Throw in the key state of New Hampshire as well
    Trump and GOP are toast as their policies have hurt the middle class big time. Any DEM can win with that message, it's just a matter of how big the win will be. It will be a landslide with the right DEM carrying that message.

    L

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    Um. Imagine if they ran a well known centrist against Trump.......hmmmmm, now only if say they had done this before we could get an inkling of the outcome.
    I dunno if you are actually a Bernie Supporter given your weird support for all things trump.

    Regardless...I don’t think Bernie can win. Many Dems HATE him with such passion that they would rather see a 2nd term for trump than allow Bernie into the White Hoise. I like Bernie but, in the interest of defeating trump, I hope he doesn’t run.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Ball View Post
    I dunno if you are actually a Bernie Supporter given your weird support for all things trump.

    Regardless...I don’t think Bernie can win. Many Dems HATE him with such passion that they would rather see a 2nd term for trump than allow Bernie into the White Hoise. I like Bernie but, in the interest of defeating trump, I hope he doesn’t run.
    My point is Bernie would have beat Trump. The American People are ready for a real Progressive candidate.

    And while a section of the base don't like him(the ones who are in corporations pockets) Bernie has a consistent 70% approval rating amongst likely voters.

    Watch the latest Michael Moore film. It explains how the Dems rigged some states with Super delegates.

    Quite an eye openner.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

    It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,872
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    My point is Bernie would have beat Trump. The American People are ready for a real Progressive candidate.

    And while a section of the base don't like him(the ones who are in corporations pockets) Bernie has a consistent 70% approval rating amongst likely voters.

    Watch the latest Michael Moore film. It explains how the Dems rigged some states with Super delegates.

    Quite an eye openner.
    There is no way that Bernie Sanders will be nominated. Biden has all the credentials to beat Trump. This whole rigged primaries BS has as much evidence as the Benghazi scandal. Just nothing burgers!!
    Glad that Ivanka is here to support me. I can at least Grope her, OOPS Grab her by her Arm when I need her to Comfort Me



    On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler1000 View Post
    My point is Bernie would have beat Trump. The American People are ready for a real Progressive candidate.

    And while a section of the base don't like him(the ones who are in corporations pockets) Bernie has a consistent 70% approval rating amongst likely voters.

    Watch the latest Michael Moore film. It explains how the Dems rigged some states with Super delegates.

    Quite an eye openner.
    Unless the democratic party is able to muzzle AOC their candidate is not going to win
    The lunacy of the GND is comical and its roll out was a disaster
    Worse is several leading candidates endorsed it

    AOC is a huge liability for the democratic party

    The democratic party needs to get their shit together and quickly or we get stuck with four more years of Trump.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Unless the democratic party is able to muzzle AOC their candidate is not going to win
    The lunacy of the GND is comical and its roll out was a disaster
    Worse is several leading candidates endorsed it

    AOC is a huge liability for the democratic party

    The democratic party needs to get their shit together and quickly or we get stuck with four more years of Trump.
    Her 70% tax on the rich is more popular then Trump.
    You underestimate her.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by lumenon9 View Post
    Trump and GOP are toast as their policies have hurt the middle class big time. Any DEM can win with that message, it's just a matter of how big the win will be. It will be a landslide with the right DEM carrying that message.

    L
    No so fast
    As bad and as dishonest as Trump has been, the GND is the back door implementation of Socialism and lunacy
    It will scared the living hell out of all republicans and the sane democrats (as it should)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bver_hunter View Post
    There is no way that Bernie Sanders will be nominated. Biden has all the credentials to beat Trump. This whole rigged primaries BS has as much evidence as the Benghazi scandal. Just nothing burgers!!
    Right. Because the leaked emails and the Book by Donna Brasille are all fake right?

    So funny.
    I endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for President in 2020.

    It is my hope Tulsi Gabbard becomes his running mate.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Her 70% tax on the rich is more popular then Trump.
    You underestimate her.
    not at all
    I am fully confident she can completely destroy the democrats chances of winning vs, Trump

  22. #22
    No
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    way out there
    Posts
    8,067
    I can't find a "none of the above" choice. Maybe if JFK rose from the dead ........ right now the Democrats are a rudderless ship grasping on to anything or anyone they think can save them. Until they stop focusing on trying to discredit Trump instead of working for the American people, this will continue. Anyone here (besides the alt left whackos) really think the Dems can stop being sidetracked by Trump and start looking to do good for the US?
    swollen member

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,872
    Blog Entries
    1
    They should have had "Any of the Above". We know how Trump's numerous investigations keep on growing. After all that is why the Democrats were elected. To uncover his criminal misdeeds!!
    Glad that Ivanka is here to support me. I can at least Grope her, OOPS Grab her by her Arm when I need her to Comfort Me



    On ignore: Disrespectful Individuals.

  24. #24
    Never underestimate the Dems ability to loose a gimme election. Bits it's not such a gimme cause when Trump is in champagne mode he's quite impressive. I thought his state of the Union speech was quite well presented. He really speaks like he believes it. With such conviction. Bernie Sanders is like that. He really believed what he's saying. All the other Dems look like actors. Full of shit forced actors. I think Kamila Harris is quite well suited for the job. Well educated and rational. But she sounds like all the politicians of the 90s. She doesn't speak from the heat. Bernie would be a good match against Trump. Buy it wouldn't be a shoe in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •