Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Why is Christia F so hell bent on regime change in Venezuela?

  1. #1

    Why is Christia F so hell bent on regime change in Venezuela?

    Should Canadians be concerned about her choice of candidate to depose Maduro?

    https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02...g-to-stand-on/

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ghawar
    Posts
    4,757
    Because we are now a lackey of the U.S.?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    17,937
    No, Maduro allowed the army to loot food stocks before the current crisis started. His only option now is to slaughter his own people.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by niniveh View Post
    Should Canadians be concerned about her choice of candidate to depose Maduro?

    https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/02...g-to-stand-on/
    It's not in the Canadian tradition to meddle in the internal affairs of sovereign states.

    Canada is now doing that, thanks to Foreign Minister Chrystia Freeland.

    She is steering Canada's foreign policy to line up with the US because of her own personal ideology and agenda.

    Trudeau fired Dion as foreign minister because the latter wanted to engage the russians and improve relations. Trudeau had always confided with Freeland, and since she hates the Russians, convinced Trudeau to fire Dion and replace him with her.

    She's a neocon, and is friends with George Soros, the coloured revolution financeer. She also hates China, and that's why our relations with China are going downhill.

    She aligned us with US geopolitics, while at the same time, allowing the US to screw us on trade, given the disaster for Canada that is the USMCA free trade agreement, that somehow allows the US to keep 15% tariffs on our steel and aluminium, and requires us to ask the US first if we engage in a free trade agreement with a third party. The latest is the US passing a law barring any foreign country from engaging in government infrastructure projects, whether materials, management or labour.

    Guilo, or whatever his name is, never stood for presidential elections. He was merely elected by the Venezuelan deputies of parliament.

    Claiming that he is the legitimate president of Venzuela is like saying that Nancy Pelosi should replace Trump as President. Although Maduro has a solid 30% support, the Venezuelan parliament has 18% support. Once Maduro is overthrown, Guilo is going to hand over to the US, Venezuela's oil production, and reverse Chavez's populist policy of using oil wealth for the benefit of people. It will all be going to Corporate America.

  5. #5
    Absolutely in agreement with your points above. But why are we abandoning a time honored tradition, from Laurier, St. Laurent, Pearson, PET, Chretien et al, of not meddling in the internal affairs of another country? Not just a tradition but a fundamental moral principle of governance that has served us well throughout our history. And where is the Prime Minister in this fiasco? Has his brain gone to mush? Are there no other members of his cabinet to set him straight? Is he too chicken to face an angry Ukrainian voting bloc by dumping Christia? Perhaps he should call Jean Chretien or even Stephane Dion for some sober advice. If JT believes for a moment that we are doing this to help bring back democracy to the people of Venezuela then his brain has indeed gone to mush.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by niniveh View Post
    Absolutely in agreement with your points above. But why are we abandoning a time honored tradition, from Laurier, St. Laurent, Pearson, PET, Chretien et al, of not meddling in the internal affairs of another country? Not just a tradition but a fundamental moral principle of governance that has served us well throughout our history. And where is the Prime Minister in this fiasco? Has his brain gone to mush? Are there no other members of his cabinet to set him straight? Is he too chicken to face an angry Ukrainian voting bloc by dumping Christia? Perhaps he should call Jean Chretien or even Stephane Dion for some sober advice. If JT believes for a moment that we are doing this to help bring back democracy to the people of Venezuela then his brain has indeed gone to mush.
    Try thinking of the humanitarian angle
    The people of Venezuela are being starved to death

  7. #7
    By sanctions, inter alia.
    And will likely suffer more as a Washington puppet is parachuted into Caracas together with corporate oil corp cronies, the WB, IMF etc. to loot the oil wealth of a rich nation. That is the history of Latin America. And every colonial enterprise (war) is launched ostensibly with humanitarian "angles"; latest buzz words are "RtoP" or "responsibility to protect". Soon you'll hear Bolton blabbering about Venezuela being an existential threat to national security.

  8. #8
    She and Trudeau both answer to The Queen and George Soros and the Bronfman family. Venezuela has the largest known Oil & Gas reserves in the World. Enough to satisfy the World's energy needs for 30 years. And they have huge amounts of Gold, minerals such as Coltan. And of course the crime of not recycling the assets of Venezuela back into US Treasuries. And Freeland's Father was a hardcore Nazi. They don't represent Canadian citizens values. Like most Western Governments these days.

  9. #9
    I post, therefore I am.
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Tranquility Base, La Luna
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Nancy Pelosi should replace Trump as President.
    Agreed, we should be pursuing a regime change on our immediate border.
    Orange is the new Orange.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    It's not in the Canadian tradition to meddle in the internal affairs of sovereign states. ...
    Canada always has "meddled". If you recall, we were the ones who came up with the idea of sending troops to try and keep peace.

    And it it quite stupid to say Canada is meddling. Like with every international issue we state our opinion. If we were funding dissent before this became an issue then the term meddling may apply but as it is we are simply providing moral support against the dictator who has absolutely fucked his country.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Canada always has "meddled". If you recall, we were the ones who came up with the idea of sending troops to try and keep peace.

    And it it quite stupid to say Canada is meddling. Like with every international issue we state our opinion. If we were funding dissent before this became an issue then the term meddling may apply but as it is we are simply providing moral support against the dictator who has absolutely fucked his country.
    Canada "meddled" under the authorithy of the UN Security Council, and never unilateraly. Plus, peace-keeping operations were always undertaken with the consent of all warring parties.

    Freeland just bragged about our diplomats in Venezuela 'unifying' the opposition. This never happened before, except when our diplomat was a CIA agent, like Taylor in Iran.

    It is now evident that Freeland is using the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a tool for the ambitions of George Soros.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by oil&gas View Post
    Because we are now a lackey of the U.S.?
    Exactly. She got a call from Pompeo or Trudeau got a call from Pompeo telling them what to do! There is absolutely no logic to anybody taking the Guaido side on this matter.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Try thinking of the humanitarian angle
    The people of Venezuela are being starved to death
    If the people of Venezuela are being starved to death, it is because of US sanctions and other economic measures. Canada should not be involved in this except under the aegis of the UN. Hiding behind the Lima Group is just hypocrisy. At their last meeting, they allowed a US representative to attend and had a presentation from Pompeo by video conference. So much for being an independent group of concerned nations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •