Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 100

Thread: ĎA very brave new Canadianí: Saudi woman who fled abusive family arrives in Tdot

  1. #1

    ĎA very brave new Canadianí: Saudi woman who fled abusive family arrives in Tdot

    ‘A very brave new Canadian’: Saudi woman who fled allegedly abusive family arrives in Toronto
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4841266/s...amily-toronto/

    Interesting how they need to emphasize “allegedly” in the title above. I really hope this is not some type of scam to milk the system and get into Canada.

    It really makes me feel proud to be Canadian regardless if this is a real story or contrived to bypass and exploit the system.

    If this is true (not making judgement either way) I wonder what kind of system they have in place to protect her from the religious freaks since she has already received death threats. I really hope the system takes good care of her and that her example encourages more of this type of effort to help these women in these types of circumstances. Does anyone even know how she escaped her family detention especially after being locked up for 6 months. I am really interested with story especially since she looks so strong in the facial expressions and could be a “spark”.

  2. #2
    I agree with the decision even if its just to say FUCK YOU SAUDI SCUMBAGS.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    17,636
    Within a decade, Nazi Arabia is going to have a serious gender disparity problem. Females that can get out are doing so.

    In Nazi Arabia women cannot show their faces in public, have only recently been allowed to drive cars, are not allowed an education beyond the 5th grade, cannot own property and cannot make decisions for her own health and that of her family. Evan female Dalits in India are treated better. I'm surprised that a case such as this took so long to arise. I'm assuming the others have been strangled and dismembered. Canada's spat with Nazi Arabia started after the Nazi's severe crackdown on female human rights advocates. Good for us, we have a long standing tradition of defending the vulnerable against dictators since we advocated for sanctions against Fascist Italy in 1935.

    Welcome to Canada.

    https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...ing-crackdown/

  4. #4
    Will any of these nations ever change how they view women?

    I remember at one time it would have been impossible to think the Berlin Wall would be torn down, or the evil empire of the Soviet Union would be dismantled, or homosexuals would be a normal part of society...

    I think there will be a turning point at one time, but some of the cultures in the middle east may be a tough nut to crack.

    I wonder what will happen when China opens up it's society?
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle


  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    17,636
    In Yemen the Nazis along with their Emirati and Baharain allies (FUCK YOU MANCHESTER CITY AND PARIS ST GERMAIN) are waging a campaign of extermination against the Houthi. They are systematically slaughtering their women and children. All the better to create a homeland for their Al-Qaeda proxies. It's having the opposite effect, Houthi fighters are fighting for every inch of territory.

    Trump supports their efforts and by extension Al-Qaeda.

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...war-yemen.html

  6. #6
    I'm so glad she escaped that horrible oppressive place!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Will any of these nations ever change how they view women?

    I remember at one time it would have been impossible to think the Berlin Wall would be torn down, or the evil empire of the Soviet Union would be dismantled, or homosexuals would be a normal part of society...

    I think there will be a turning point at one time, but some of the cultures in the middle east may be a tough nut to crack.

    I wonder what will happen when China opens up it's society?
    Are you kidding me? China is 1000% more liberal then Saudi Arabia. There are redlines in China, but its pretty rare they jeapordize personal liberty esp compared to Saudis. I would MUCH prefer to live in China vs Saudi Arabia, or Israel for that matter.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Will any of these nations ever change how they view women?

    I remember at one time it would have been impossible to think the Berlin Wall would be torn down, or the evil empire of the Soviet Union would be dismantled, or homosexuals would be a normal part of society...

    I think there will be a turning point at one time, but some of the cultures in the middle east may be a tough nut to crack.

    I wonder what will happen when China opens up it's society?
    China treats women better than many Western democracies already, opening up to democracy itself is a different question.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobot View Post
    China treats women better than many Western democracies already, opening up to democracy itself is a different question.
    I should have been clearer in my post - I was referring to China opening up towards a more Western style of democracy. I was not referring to their treatment of women.
    Yes, that is me with my new whistle


  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    My head is my home
    Posts
    17,636
    I wonder how those imprisoned human rights advocates - whom Justin spoke out for - are fairing?

    Such an adorable twink...makes you want to grab his pussy!


  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,988
    Blog Entries
    1
    She originally wanted to go to Australia, don't know what happened, if they rejected her or it took too long.
    Solo sex act specialist!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Will any of these nations ever change how they view women?

    I remember at one time it would have been impossible to think the Berlin Wall would be torn down, or the evil empire of the Soviet Union would be dismantled, or homosexuals would be a normal part of society...

    I think there will be a turning point at one time, but some of the cultures in the middle east may be a tough nut to crack.

    I wonder what will happen when China opens up it's society?
    No because there society doesn't view them as equals and never will.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    26,371
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    No because there society doesn't view them as equals and never will.
    The point that Ref was trying to make and you failed to understand or even acknowledge as a possibility is that never is a long time.

  14. #14
    Rahaf, Malala and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are the new breed of Muslim women who refuse to accept the repressive and misogynist aspects of Islam. If you and I said what they say about Islam, the liberal lefties would immediately pounce and brand us Islamophobes, bigots, racists and morons.
    https://www.harpercollins.com/9780062333957/heretic/

    On a more somber note, 577 other Saudi women who tried to escape are "missing".

  15. #15
    I am confused by the anti-Islamic rhetoric above... do we not have a consensus on Terb that women (at least those who are young and attractive) are to be both cherished and corrected as you would a favourite camel?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by wazup View Post
    She originally wanted to go to Australia, don't know what happened, if they rejected her or it took too long.
    From what I gather the Aussies were afraid of political retribution from Saudis and needed to retract some already made statements and offers. It appears her first choice was Australia. Good on Canada for sticking on this fundamental issue and helping this girl and giving the middle finger to the Saudis.

  17. #17
    So, here’s a question for Justin: this young woman is a “brave new Canadian” who fled Saudi Arabia because of abuse and the deplorable treatment of women. If this is true, then why is it such heresy amongst liberals to criticize Islam? Both can’t be true. If you’re a liberal and care about human rights, how can you defend such an oppressive, repugnant philosophy like Islam?

    Liberals are on the wrong side on this one. Islam is not a group of people, it’s an ideology. A philosophy. You can say that an ideology is bad without thinking that the people who follow it are completely bad. It’s not racist to criticize an idea. If you are really a liberal and care about women’s rights, or gay rights, and aren’t just virtue signalling, then that’s quite a feat of mental gymnastics to say that Islam isn’t a problem.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHorse View Post
    I am confused by the anti-Islamic rhetoric above... do we not have a consensus on Terb that women (at least those who are young and attractive) are to be both cherished and corrected as you would a favourite camel?
    Is it better to be ani-control period and not favour a particular religion that devalues non believers but denounce them all. This is not the same as denouncing people who have faith based on their “own” beliefs provided they are not hurting anyone, devaluing others and trying to impose on others.

    I personally believe that all religion is the cancer of our spirit and our free will. However I believe that every persons spirit and faith should be valued and respected provided it is their own and does not violate the absolute universal fundamentals.

    However, at least Justin is taking action and doing something about this especially given there are consequences such as political retribution. These type of key indicators from the people in power get my utmost respect and support regardless that they don’t agree with a particular political view and especially their view on religion. You just simply can’t take away a persons or a group of peoples religion that they grew up on even though they are all fundametally flawed. They need to do the ethical thing and slowly let time and access to unlimited knowledge free people from their controls and now accept everyone and their beliefs provided they don’t violate our laws. We don’t like it but it would be hypocritical to impose our beliefs on them given that the intention is to free people from these type of controls.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ghawar
    Posts
    4,695
    India can look to us for help to lighten their burden
    of population growth by sending us several millions of
    their oppressed women.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnul View Post
    So, here’s a question for Justin: this young woman is a “brave new Canadian” who fled Saudi Arabia because of abuse and the deplorable treatment of women. If this is true, then why is it such heresy amongst liberals to criticize Islam? Both can’t be true. If you’re a liberal and care about human rights, how can you defend such an oppressive, repugnant philosophy like Islam?

    Liberals are on the wrong side on this one. Islam is not a group of people, it’s an ideology. A philosophy. You can say that an ideology is bad without thinking that the people who follow it are completely bad. It’s not racist to criticize an idea. If you are really a liberal and care about women’s rights, or gay rights, and aren’t just virtue signalling, then that’s quite a feat of mental gymnastics to say that Islam isn’t a problem.
    Its the UN high commissioner that asked Canada to take her in and the Groper just obliged. I'm ok with the decision, she should be hidden as they may come after her.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Pickering
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious Von View Post
    In Yemen the Nazis along with their Emirati and Baharain allies (FUCK YOU MANCHESTER CITY AND PARIS ST GERMAIN) are waging a campaign of extermination against the Houthi. They are systematically slaughtering their women and children. All the better to create a homeland for their Al-Qaeda proxies. It's having the opposite effect, Houthi fighters are fighting for every inch of territory.

    Trump supports their efforts and by extension Al-Qaeda.

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...war-yemen.html
    You do realize the Houthis are an Iranian proxy so you are cheering on the Iranian mullahs while the average Yemeni suffers. About this woman, someone needs to explain to me how a Syrian refugee sitting in the snow in a refugee camp in Lebanon has to wait 3 plus years, a full background and health check to get their case through Immigration Canada while a woman with a cell phone and a Twitter account has her case go through in 2 days and a welcome from the Foreign Affairs Minister, how is this right?

  22. #22
    That’s Justin 101. Optics is more important than anything. The refugee in the camp in Lebanon is invisible. This girl is high profile and gives Justin an opportunity for photo ops and backpats. The take away from all this is if you have a problem, be super vocal about it on social media, and Justin will help you.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser1 View Post
    You do realize the Houthis are an Iranian proxy so you are cheering on the Iranian mullahs while the average Yemeni suffers. About this woman, someone needs to explain to me how a Syrian refugee sitting in the snow in a refugee camp in Lebanon has to wait 3 plus years, a full background and health check to get their case through Immigration Canada while a woman with a cell phone and a Twitter account has her case go through in 2 days and a welcome from the Foreign Affairs Minister, how is this right?
    The refugee sitting in the refugee line may not necessarily have immediate threat risk to their life. We also don’t know how close this woman was to actual death as it could have been imminent if they didn’t act right away without delay.

    This girl can be used as a candle or spark to encourage other women experiencing the same and give them hope and reach massive amount of people. This is huge and no amount of politics, religion or any other bullshit can take this away. I think this is truly a noble act given the negative optics such as presented by you and the political fall out, it is the ethical thing to do especially given the world wide impact unfortunately at the expense of some who are going through the process the fair way.

  24. #24
    Justin is pretty smug talking about how great Canada is and how it sticks up for women. Canada PROUD ! WOW !

    Somehow he just glossed over and forgot about how aboriginal women have been treated in his own back yard.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •