Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Refugee policy is out of control in Canada

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    The government initially said it would need $74 million over two years to process all the refugee asylum claims, now there is a backlog and costs are rising. Now the government says it will need $280 million over 2 years plus $40 million in one time costs. The amount of claims are also rising currently standing at 64,000 and growing. This practice is irresponsible. This is on the Trudeau immigration policy, I don't have an issue with taking refugees but there has to be a limit. They should stop taking in any until these are resolved.

https://www.cjme.com/2019/01/11/74m-...nal-documents/
    There seems to be no policy.. other than to pander to anyone and everyone who can go on social media and get some free PR.
    When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!!

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trudeau should really talk to Trump about this, as according to your article most of the problem are people fleeing Trump's US.
    That's a US issue that Canada is now forced to deal with.

My understanding is that anyone fleeing the US should be sent back. Not sure why we are accepting their claims as refugees here in Canada???

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    They are running from Trump and his white nationalism.
    Basic racist bullshit and fearmongering.

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglee View Post
    Because compassion shows a lack of moral fortitude? Did you attend Trump U by any chance?
    Compassion is one thing. Stupidity is another. Canada is no longer a financially rich country. Do not confuse having nice things and a safe country with being rich.

Why am I here?
    Treat each case individually but when you turn down claims from these countries ( Nigeria and Haiti) because they are only fleeing poverty and not violence or fearing for their lives, they will stop coming knowing their claims won't be accepted.
    They are supposed to be sent back to the US to make their request for asylum. Canada and the US have a treaty that dictates this.

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    The minute the Groper did that welcoming speech "to all" we got flooded...
    But somehow its Trump and his white friends fault.

Why am I here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    The minute the Groper did that welcoming speech "to all" we got flooded...
    But somehow its Trump and his white friends fault.

I'm not saying that, I find it hare to believe there are that many Nigerians fleeing violence or political prosecution, I would like to know what their asylum claims are based on.
    Maybe you should try a freedom of information request. You may not believe it but the people in the refugee system, the people with all the information, think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Maybe you should try a freedom of information request. You may not believe it but the people in the refugee system, the people with all the information, think otherwise.
    Here's why and I think it's a bullshit claim, just my opinion.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/niger...tion-1.4390144

A lot of them entered through the U.S first, they could have claimed asylum there but chose to come here. I wonder why?

the legal simple solution to stop 99.9% of people crossing from the US is for Canada to declare the ENTIRE boarder with the us a legal entry point once that's done all can legally be rejected as they are already in a safe country (USA)

Quote Originally Posted by contact View Post
    the legal simple solution to stop 99.9% of people crossing from the US is for Canada to declare the ENTIRE boarder with the us a legal entry point once that's done all can legally be rejected as they are already in a safe country (USA)
    They are supposed to be but try getting the US to take them back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12