Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 35

Thread: The Refugee policy is out of control in Canada

  1. #1

    The Refugee policy is out of control in Canada

    The government initially said it would need $74 million over two years to process all the refugee asylum claims, now there is a backlog and costs are rising. Now the government says it will need $280 million over 2 years plus $40 million in one time costs. The amount of claims are also rising currently standing at 64,000 and growing. This practice is irresponsible. This is on the Trudeau immigration policy, I don't have an issue with taking refugees but there has to be a limit. They should stop taking in any until these are resolved.

    https://www.cjme.com/2019/01/11/74m-...nal-documents/

  2. #2
    Trudeau should really talk to Trump about this, as according to your article most of the problem are people fleeing Trump's US.
    That's a US issue that Canada is now forced to deal with.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trudeau should really talk to Trump about this, as according to your article most of the problem are people fleeing Trump's US.
    That's a US issue that Canada is now forced to deal with.
    Quite possible but, he's not helping matters, he needs to stop the influx of refugees until this backlog is processed, once that's done he can start accepting them again, otherwise the issue will just get worse, they can't keep up with all the claims.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    Quite possible but, he's not helping matters, he needs to stop the influx of refugees until this backlog is processed, once that's done he can start accepting them again, otherwise the issue will just get worse, they can't keep up with all the claims.
    You think we need a wall between the US?

  5. #5
    You don't need a wall. What we need are leaders that can do grade 5 math and have a modicum of moral fortitude. Unfortunately Trudeau skipped math and took drama class. And as far as moral fortitude goes. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    You think we need a wall between the US?
    No we don't need a wall, there are many ways to deal with it, don't allow all asylum claims, make it harder , what are Haitians and Nigerians running from other than poverty? I would deny them all and ask them to apply for immigration.

  7. #7
    What option is there other than withdrawing from the UN Charter on refugees. As it is we are required to treat each claim on an individual basis, not just summarily reject an entire nation

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    No we don't need a wall, there are many ways to deal with it, don't allow all asylum claims, make it harder , what are Haitians and Nigerians running from other than poverty? I would deny them all and ask them to apply for immigration.
    They are running from Trump and his white nationalism.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trudeau should really talk to Trump about this, as according to your article most of the problem are people fleeing Trump's US.
    That's a US issue that Canada is now forced to deal with.
    Justin's Tweet that "Canada is welcoming to all"
    A purely idealist decision which he clearly did not plan for either from an economic or logistical point of view
    Once again we see Justin's decision making process following the "Ready, Shoot, Aim" approach
    Another $74 MM further into debt that he can not be bothered to concern himself with, mostly because "The Budget will balance itself"
    How many days until the election????

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sleazy View Post
    You don't need a wall. What we need are leaders that can do grade 5 math and have a modicum of moral fortitude. Unfortunately Trudeau skipped math and took drama class. And as far as moral fortitude goes. Good luck.
    Because compassion shows a lack of moral fortitude? Did you attend Trump U by any chance?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    What option is there other than withdrawing from the UN Charter on refugees. As it is we are required to treat each claim on an individual basis, not just summarily reject an entire nation
    Treat each case individually but when you turn down claims from these countries ( Nigeria and Haiti) because they are only fleeing poverty and not violence or fearing for their lives, they will stop coming knowing their claims won't be accepted.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    Treat each case individually but when you turn down claims from these countries ( Nigeria and Haiti) because they are only fleeing poverty and not violence or fearing for their lives, they will stop coming knowing their claims won't be accepted.
    That is exactly what happens now.

    It takes a while but the only way to speed it up would be spend even more money on judges, lawyers, and investigators.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    That is exactly what happens now.

    It takes a while but the only way to speed it up would be spend even more money on judges, lawyers, and investigators.
    So why are they coming in droves from these countries unless they are being granted asylum. As far as I know Nigereians And Hatians are not fleeing violence or political prosecution.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    So why are they coming in droves from these countries unless they are being granted asylum. As far as I know Nigereians And Hatians are not fleeing violence or political prosecution.
    Because Justin Tweeted "Canada is welcoming to all" without giving it any serious thought
    "Ready, Shoot, Aim"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLarue View Post
    Justin's Tweet that "Canada is welcoming to all"
    A purely idealist decision which he clearly did not plan for either from an economic or logistical point of view
    Once again we see Justin's decision making process following the "Ready, Shoot, Aim" approach
    Another $74 MM further into debt that he can not be bothered to concern himself with, mostly because "The Budget will balance itself"
    How many days until the election????
    The minute the Groper did that welcoming speech "to all" we got flooded...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    So why are they coming in droves from these countries unless they are being granted asylum. As far as I know Nigereians And Hatians are not fleeing violence or political prosecution.
    Obviously your assumption that rejection is a deterrent is flawed.

    And I'm sure somewhere on the internet I'm sure you can find the actual facts. The overwhelming numbers of Haitans and Nigerians are rejected.
    https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/cana...orders/60kwbjs
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1DN02Z

  17. #17
    Never Been Justly Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hooterville
    Posts
    38,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankfooter View Post
    Trudeau should really talk to Trump about this, as according to your article most of the problem are people fleeing Trump's US.
    That's a US issue that Canada is now forced to deal with.
    We are paying it forward


    At the bottom of all the tributes paid to democracy, is the little man, walking into the little booth, with a little pencil, making a little cross on a little bit of paper - no amount of rhetoric or voluminous discussion can possibly diminish the overwhelming importance of the point.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Obviously your assumption that rejection is a deterrent is flawed.

    And I'm sure somewhere on the internet I'm sure you can find the actual facts. The overwhelming numbers of Haitans and Nigerians are rejected.
    https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/cana...orders/60kwbjs
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN1DN02Z
    Not all of them, they have nothing to lose, they might as well try, if they know people have gotten in, why wouldn't they try?. Why do you think they keep on coming?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    7,370
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    So why are they coming in droves from these countries unless they are being granted asylum. As far as I know Nigereians And Hatians are not fleeing violence or political prosecution.
    There is a clear distinction between a 'refugee' fleeing war and persecution and an economic 'migrant' seeking a better life. Unfortunately, the media often blurs the distinction between the two as do the politicians as to confuse the issue. The majority of those crossing the border illegally are 'economic migrants' and not refugees. Justin Trudeau and his government are merely encouraging 'queue jumping' ahead of legitimate applicants waiting to immigrate to Canada by not protecting our borders and thus incurring huge costs to the Canadian taxpayer for housing and social services. I was shocked to read that some were being housed in the Radisson hotel in TO when we have so many Canadian homeless and some veterans suffering from PSTD out on the streets.
    "One for all, and all for one!"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    Not all of them, they have nothing to lose, they might as well try, if they know people have gotten in, why wouldn't they try?. Why do you think they keep on coming?
    Yes, not all of them because as you accepted, the cases are looked at on an individual basis and 30% of Nigerians and 10% of Haitians provided sufficient evidence of being real refugee claimants.


    Why people still try even though most get rejected is probably the same reason people continue to play the lottery even though the vast majority of people lose money.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Yes, not all of them because as you accepted, the cases are looked at on an individual basis and 30% of Nigerians and 10% of Haitians provided sufficient evidence of being real refugee claimants.


    Why people still try even though most get rejected is probably the same reason people continue to play the lottery even though the vast majority of people lose money.
    You said an overwhelming number are rejected, 30% of Nigerians get in that's a one in three chance, a little bit better odds than a lottery don't you think, one in three is not overwhelming at all.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by azeri99 View Post
    You said an overwhelming number are rejected, 30% of Nigerians get in that's a one in three chance, a little bit better odds than a lottery don't you think, one in three is not overwhelming at all.
    Because the refugee board judges almost one in three meet the criteria of valid refugees.

    Sorry but you claim to accept cases being judged on their individual merits but now you changing your opinion simply because you don't like what the process results in.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
    Because the refugee board judges almost one in three meet the criteria of valid refugees.

    Sorry but you claim to accept cases being judged on their individual merits but now you changing your opinion simply because you don't like what the process results in.
    I'm not saying that, I find it hare to believe there are that many Nigerians fleeing violence or political prosecution, I would like to know what their asylum claims are based on.
    Last edited by azeri99; 01-17-2019 at 07:18 PM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sleazy View Post
    You don't need a wall. What we need are leaders that can do grade 5 math and have a modicum of moral fortitude. Unfortunately Trudeau skipped math and took drama class. And as far as moral fortitude goes. Good luck.

    So what is your solution genius?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •