Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto red light cameras

Toronto red light cameras

So Iíve been expecting some feedback from work regarding an incident November 1st. I approached an amber light with intentions of stopping but if was going to be a rediculously hard stop, so I got back on the throttle and the light changed red just prior of entering the intersection I believe. There was light traffic, no pedestrians and no ďnear missĒ involved. I also was not speeding.
    A week later I traveled through the same intersection when I noticed a red light camera sign posted. I assume it was there the week prior as well. Hereís the thing....I was driving a company vehicle with out of province plates. Itís been over 7 weeks and Iíve heard nothing? Anyone know how long a ticket takes? The Canada Post delays havenít interfered with my shopping deliveries, so I assume theyíre not the issue. Did the out of province plates save my ass??
    Hoof hearted

RockStar
    playing with Scarlett Johansson in our underwear somewhere in iceland
    i believe it's within 2 to 3 weeks, but not more then 4. After that, ticket be void

French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face.
    A pucker kiss involves only 2.

Try the Waze app...its great app to warn to of any upcoming red light cameras. They even warn you of pot holes, cops and stopped vehicles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by |2 /-\ | /|/ View Post
    Try the Waze app...its great app to warn to of any upcoming red light cameras. They even warn you of pot holes, cops and stopped vehicles.
    So distracted driving will help you avoid a red light camera. I think I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by shack View Post
    So distracted driving will help you avoid a red light camera. I think I understand.
    There is audible announcements also i.e. it says red light in 260m etc...

If you mount it to the dash its like a GPS device. These type of navigation apps are fine as long as you don't touch them.

If you can’t handle it just don’t use it and try to stick your head out of the window to spot these cameras lol

Blog Entries
    There is audible announcements also i.e. it says red light in 260m etc...
    The audio sounds like a good thing.

My built in GPS gives a light beep about 300 metres before a red light camera.
    Nice feature.

old member
    Dont worry about it if you have out of province plates chances are they'll toss it especially if its corporate too much trouble to try and collect. besides if you haven't heard anything by now, you probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bret View Post
    My built in GPS gives a light beep about 300 metres before a red light camera.
    Nice feature.
    I hear this App called wayz even tells you if there is a police car ahead. Is there a brand when it boots?

I have a pet peeve about red-light cameras unless there are huge visible signs saying they're active. Red light camera's exist on major intersections supposedly so that you won't get situations where idiots try to make it through and get stuck in the middle, blocking traffic. By putting highly visible signs out, this would accomplish the goal more than simply having a stealth camera and small sign. i.e. IF drivers know that there is a red-light camera, they will adjust their driving. It's the same thing with hidden radar traps on supposedly dangerous or busy sections of road. IF you want cars to slow down - make the radar visible and post signs. THEN cars will slow down.

Otherwise, just admit that it's a cash grab with no other purpose except revenue generation.

Thanks for the tip! Think I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibetter View Post
    I hear this App called wayz even tells you if there is a police car ahead. Is there a brand when it boots?
    lmfao don’t you read the previous posts in this thread...its called waze and its crowdsourced and really good...try it its a life saver sometimes because people can thumbs up like a cop stopped by the road waiting for speeders or pothole or stopped car or especially accident. You know its legit when a lot of people thumbs app the report and its almost real time because a lot of people use it. By default it does a good job warning you of these reports without causing distraction both visually and audible.

https://www.waze.com/

Works on many devices.

Let’s change topic to red light district......

When is it time to retire
    I find Waze stops working for no reason at all when I use it. App fails about 50% of the time. What a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bebe View Post
    I find Waze stops working for no reason at all when I use it. App fails about 50% of the time. What a piece of shit.
    What phone are you using?

It works flawlessly on iPhone X. I use it every day and never crashes.

I just paid $331 for one of these tickets. I only run red lights when I'm on my way to visit an SP. My lack of self control is appalling (and expensive).

"Death by violence, death by cold, death by starvation, - these are the normal endings of the stately and beautiful creatures of the wilderness. The sentimentalists who prattle about the peaceful life of nature do not realize its utter mercilessness" - Theodore Roosevelt

I want you to point your finger at me. I want you to call me names.

Would have come by now.

Be careful! There may be red light cameras already installed in these districts and chances for being nabbed for distracted driving will be greater lol!

Quote Originally Posted by spankey View Post
    So I’ve been expecting some feedback from work regarding an incident November 1st. I approached an amber light with intentions of stopping but if was going to be a rediculously hard stop, so I got back on the throttle and the light changed red just prior of entering the intersection I believe.
    I believe there is a slight delay between the light going red and when the camera activates to snap a pic. Not much, probably about a second. But if you did indeed enter the intersection just after it switched, you're likely safe.

I seem to recall reading that not all camera posts actually have a camera. They move the cameras around, mix it up, so you’re never sure if it’s an active intersection,on or not.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However, a large number of electrons were extremely inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaguy View Post
    I seem to recall reading that not all camera posts actually have a camera. They move the cameras around, mix it up, so youíre never sure if itís an active intersection,on or not.
    I wonder if they shoot both or all directions? After studying the intersection I noticed only one camera tower facing one direction. Iíve noticed others have two towers.
    Iím likely not to get the ticket now...unless corporate holds it to attach to my bonus : /
    Hoof hearted

Quote Originally Posted by spankey View Post
    I wonder if they shoot both or all directions? After studying the intersection I noticed only one camera tower facing one direction. I’ve noticed others have two towers.
    I’m likely not to get the ticket now...unless corporate holds it to attach to my bonus : /
    Its easy to tell when they go off since there will be a flash produced. I’ve seen it many times and its not hard to miss.

When is it time to retire
    What phone are you using?

It works flawlessly on iPhone X. I use it every day and never crashes.
    iPhone 6. Getting an 8 in the New Year.

Also , if you do not stop while making a right turn on a red it considered going through a red light !

Many drivers have been nailed doing this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast